• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
    <looks down front of pants>

Nope.
    <would look, but the melons obsure the view>

Nope. Me neither.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      <would look, but the melons obsure the view>

Nope. Me neither.
      Ahem. Ahem!

I feel it necessary to point out:

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Ahem. Ahem!

I am the one in black.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Are we not men?
          There's something down there but whenever I ask it a question the only response I get at best is it pointing.
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Ahem. Ahem!

One of these days, someone is going to answer that challenge by going to a fruit stand wearing Google Glass - you'll get EXACTLY the picture you asked for (a double-armload of certain fruits obstructing the view), but not the one you wanted.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              If you are referencing The Atlantic, your info is a little outdated CN. The 'focusing' effect is only applicable to the mind blaster rays of the Subterranean People - the rays come from below and the foil acts as a parabolic reflector. Government satellite mind reading or alien mind control rays are still easily defeated by an AFDB.

The more you know...
              But when the government satellites are on the other side of the planet, the waves come through the earth, entering the tin foil hat from below and being focused. To be truly safe, they also need tin foil slippers.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Earth has an iron core. If they can get through that, tin foil isn't going to help.

Comment

Are we not men?
                  Jocko homo

Are we not men?
                  We are Devo
                  Are we not men?
                  D E V O

No one else got it.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                    No one else got it.
                    I'm confused. Got what?

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                      I am the one in black.]
                      I think you're the first person to actually respond to the "This thread is worthless without pics" request by ACTUALLY posting what someone wanted (without giving a smartass comment). Now me, I would've given them a picture of some "picks"
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        ... a picture of some "picks"
                        Pick & Shovel Shorty is taken.
                        As is Half Pint Posted...

Support: The Right to Arm Bears!
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                          I'm confused. Got what?
                          The quote from the Devo song "Jocko Homo"

What is round at each end and hi in the middle?
                          Last edited by gerund; 04-15-2014, 12:19 PM. Reason: Added Ohio riddle

Comment

Sometimes it is also super awkward when you get someone who is your total opposite and they start talking about for example, religion when you are an agnostic or have different beliefs and they expect you to agree with them. Or about politics and you're just nodding your head like, "Anything you say, just please leave."

My fiance actually runs into this situation more as a car salesman as he spends more time one on one with his customers. Mine are usually in and out in under a half hour and my interactions with them are not as drawn out. He, however, can end up spending almost his whole day working with one customer. So he has gotten some really wonderful and nice people and then some really sh*tty demanding people who don't understand how the car business works. He has a lot of awesome stories but he is not on here so I may post a few on his behalf (e.g., one time someone brought their PET MONKEY with them to buy the car and take the test drive and they wanted to take the monkey with them on the test drive and my FI was like, "UM NO"). But he will usually spend at least an hour minimum with a customer trying to get their application in, get them approved, test drive, then wait for approval and then sign all of the paperwork. So he gets to know them pretty well over the course of the day and he is a very personable, customer-service oriented person who is also very honest and does his best to help people get the right car and the best deal. He really goes above and beyond for people. He works for a rather large local dealership that is located in a city about 20 minutes away from where we live, so the area is full of ritzy people who are very entitled. Because of the area, a lot of people have different political beliefs and religious beliefs from his beliefs, so a lot the time (we are both super socially liberal people, more moderate fiscally but we support our President - no flaming me here please).

So he gets a lot of people who are fiscally and socially conservative and they talk to him about all kinds of stuff assuming he agrees and he just has to nod and smile because he wants the sale - he is on salary plus commission but the commission is AMAZING so of course he wants to make the commission. He will come home telling me about how so and so said this and started trashing the President, etc., and he hates that kind of bashing but he is not allowed to disagree because it might lose the sale. He always says he feels so dirty just nodding and smiling but not outwardly agreeing, he never does that at least.

Also he tends to get a lot of redneck Evangelical people who come in and start talking to him about God and Jesus and trying to convert him. Like I said, he is extremely personable and friendly to everyone and tries to do his best to make the experience pleasant because car buying is very stressful so people feel VERY comfortable with him quickly. Good for making money, not so good for having to get religious pamphlets shoved at you.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                              Jocko homo

Are we not men?
                              We are Devo
                              Are we not men?
                              D E V O

No one else got it.
                              THANK you. I, too, am amazed that no one else got the reference.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                                The quote from the Devo song
                                Still confused. It's the signature/centerpiece song of the band DGoddess names in her post. Is it obscure somehow?

Quoth gerund View Post
                                What is round at each end and hi in the middle?
                                oHIo

Comment

Working...
                                X