This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking 5 times won't change the answer

Here at Aperture Media Conglomerate you can occasionally find better offers by going through the website. Some bean counter decided that this will save money by not having to pay the wage slaves, but all it does is generate calls like this one

SC: "But why was I able to find a better offer on line?"
    Me:"Sometimes it just works that way sir."
    SC:"But why can't you give me this offer?"
    Me: "It's an on line exclusive sir, Unfortunately I can't match this."
    SC:"But that's stupid, why can't you offer it to me?"
    Me: "That's just the way it is, sir, I don't have access to this offer."
    SC:"Yes yes yes, but WHY?"
    ME: "Sir, I can't offer it to you, if you want that offer, you need to sign up through the website" note: at this point I was getting really fed up with his 3 year old like attitude, and it was starting to seep through in my voice
    SC:"I know that, buy what I want to know is why? And why are you sounding upset? I just want an answer!"
    ME: "Too much caffeine, sir. If you want it, you sign up through the web site"
    SC:"Well okay then, I'll just sign up through the website if you won't help me"
    *click*

Quoth Redbeard View Post
    ...And THAT is why the website is cheaper. Because they don't have to pay somebody to listen to the custy's whine...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

But why can't you give him that offer?
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Because Mommy said so! That's why!!!!
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
          *click*
          Well, that SC certainly told you who was in control with that solution, didn't he?

Well, at least he seems to have tried to make himself believe it by not lettng you confirm that he was going to do exactly what you had been telling him he needed to do.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

The company is going to upgrade our billing system later in the year, it will mean that if someone STARTS an order on line, we'll have access to it as a saved profile if they stop the process and call in. I can't wait for that

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
              The company is going to upgrade our billing system later in the year, it will mean that if someone STARTS an order on line, we'll have access to it as a saved profile if they stop the process and call in. I can't wait for that
              I'm sure the customers will give you plenty of reasons why you could wait for that, and wished you still were waiting for it.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                But why can't you give him that offer?
                Because personal beatings with a riding crop cost more than just watching one online.
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  ...And THAT is why the website is cheaper. Because they don't have to pay somebody to listen to the custy's whine...
                  But that doesn't help. They have to pay him to take calls like this, that the website generated.

Comment

Aperture Media Conglomerate
                    We film what we must, because, we can.
                    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                      But that doesn't help. They have to pay him to take calls like this, that the website generated.
                      We've been trying to tell the company this for YEARS. the website is glitchy, people like having a live person to talk to, so they go on line, then they call us for verification and to "make sure I'm getting the best possible deal", then they go back to the website

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                        ... and we'll keep on filming till we run out of tape...

Sorry, had to.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                          Yeah. Would be nice if they could bill people for calls like this...
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
                            We've been trying to tell the company this for YEARS. the website is glitchy, people like having a live person to talk to, so they go on line, then they call us for verification and to "make sure I'm getting the best possible deal", then they go back to the website
                            Yup. Works that way for the paper, too. They go online to place their ad...can't sign on, can't get past a certain screen, can't find what they want, can't figure out where they missed something that's required, and on and on and on...

Now they think customers should be able to place death notices online, and that we'll be "spending less time working on those."

They can't do a free three-line ad correctly....and you think they're going to be able to correctly place a death notice???
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

With Mooncat's post just above this one, I now have to:

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                              ... for the good of everyone (except the ones who are dead).
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X