X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I particularly liked Air Sea battle.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You all are probably going to hate me for this, but I was able to get my Wii without too much trouble. I went to the Gamestop website and ordered one of their bundle deals. True, it costs pretty much double what the Wii by itself would (a little over $500) but I did the math and you would spend that much buying it all separately anyway. Best of all you can pre-order. So when they get more they ship it to you straight away, no need to call stores or run around town.
      Is it just me or does every office supply store smell like toner and burnt happiness?

Comment

Quoth Banthor the Unruly View Post
        You all are probably going to hate me for this, but I was able to get my Wii without too much trouble.
        Quick snapshot from nearby:

It's a very small and very poorly stocked Empik (multimedia, books, movies, music) chain store located in the last shopping center in this part of town, 500m south and you're in a forest. And even they have two Wiis.

I bet Nintendo could fill the American market if it wanted, but simulating lack of supply they just raise the demand and create more interest in the product.
        Music: Last.fm
        Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

Anyone else have a suspicion that they have hired people to sell the things on E-bay for them?
          "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
            Anyone else have a suspicion that they have hired people to sell the things on E-bay for them?
            ...Or doing it themselves under alias.
            - Boochan

Comment

Can we please stop with the conspiracy theories and artificial shortage talk? Even as off-topic as this thread's become, those are Fratching topics.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

So I've successfully procured a Wii of my own. ::beaming:: The nearby Hock-Luster actually had one in stock. Hubby was there renting a couple of movies with a gift certificate to celebrate passing his Qualifying exams, and called me up to mention they had one on the shelf. When he got home, I gave him the run-down of "why the heck didn't you buy it while you were still there?" Then we got in the car and beelined back to the store.

Lucky us, it was still on the shelf. And apparently had been so for a week by that point. So now I know where to refer some of my church-friends around here who are also looking.

I was originally contemplating getting one of the online bundles from GameStop, Wal-Mart, or Circuit City, but then Hubby found the one locally.

I'm not letting myself hook it up until I finish Final Fantasy XII, though.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                X