Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a guy a while back with a handful of our product signs in his hand. Our major products either have a laminated price/spec sign stuck to the shelving behind them, or the printout is put in a plastic menu holder. SC had collected a bunch of these, and was walking around with them, had written on some of the non-laminated ones etc. I approached him and asked for my signs back and he said that he thought they were there for public collection and was wondering why we only had 1 left of all of them.
    moron.

Comment

To the OP... your rather humorous typo (you meant obvious, I think, not oblivious) describes your SC's state of mind perfectly!
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

oops, note to self: don't let spell checker auto check.

sorry didn't find the note on the back of the sign yesterday, i had the worst day ever, my car broke down on the way to work, and both of our large dogs were poisoned and had to be put down. so I was a little distracted at work.
        They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Not, mind you, that I believe SCs are above rummaging in someone's private desk to get something they want, but let's not make it easy for them!
          I can't tell you how many times we'd find people going through the Music Information desk at the green&white place! And the Books and Video desks, too come to think of it.

Quoth pssorens View Post
          sorry didn't find the note on the back of the sign yesterday, i had the worst day ever, my car broke down on the way to work, and both of our large dogs were poisoned and had to be put down. so I was a little distracted at work.
          Oh, poor puppies and poor you! (Was it an accident or intentional? I know it doesn't make a difference, but I just don't understand people that go out and do that to animals.)

An attempt to make you smile just a little: Your thread title makes me think of the Neimodians in "Phantom Menace"!
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I think I already posted this, months ago, but here it is again.

Backstory. I have always hated ball point pens, as they make my writing look scruffier than it already is. So, decades ago, I found the best one for me that I could, and bought several, in a nice bright yellow, so they stood out from the normal cheap clear pens my workplace provided.

Anyway, the conversation goes something like this.

SC (after signing a document, with my pen) "Is this a work pen?"
            Me "It's my pen."
            SC "Yes, but is it a work pen?"
            Me "It's my work pen."
            SC "Yes, you said that. But is it a work pen?"
            Me "It's my pen that I use at work, yes."
            SC "Ok. So you can always get another one then." At which point he puts my pen in his pocket and walks out of the shop.

WTF? At no point did he say "Can I have this pen please?" and at no point did I say "You can have the pen." We were all flabbergasted - after all, even if it belonged to my company - IT IS NOT A GIFT!

Comment

A while ago my dept was running real low on pens. We only had two. A co-worker borrows one and never returned it. Since it was real busy I didn't have time to get more, just hold on to the one good one. I was helping a custoemr with a special order. When I set the pen on the counter to check to see if we had an item in stock I saw out of the corner of my eye the SC garb it. I go back to finish the order and act like I have no clue where the pen went. SC denied stealing it, so I took my sweet time to go up to the front of the store, up the stairs to the offices and to the supply closet and back down with more pens.

Comment

long ago when I worked at Builders Square, before the went out of business, they had a really stupid policy. Cashiers provide their own pens. I lost enough pens that i was buying a pack of cheap Bic pens before work and at lunch on weekends.
                They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

Working...
                X