X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    *snip*
    And it really doesn't matter if it's a stripper or Bill Gates handing you money; it's pretty much guaranteed to be filthy, it's just the nature of money.

There's a reason there are gallon-sized hand sanitizer pump jars at my job's registers!
    I'd forgotten about that term , but yeah ... it's accurate. I've read several articles over the years about the basic "YUK" factor of cash -- paper money being worse than coins, or so I'm told, but both are pretty gross.

Quoth fireheart View Post
    And this is why I am glad that all Australian money is polymer rather than paper.

While it's still disgusting, at least the sweat smell doesn't linger
    Some of Canada's bigger bills are supposed to be going polymer, but the first batches have already run into problems. Figures.

Comment

And this is why I am glad that all Australian money is polymer rather than paper.

While it's still disgusting, at least the sweat smell doesn't linger
      And I've run our money through the washing machine more than once, with no harm done.

Yes, folks: I'll admit it. I've laundered money!
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Its pretty much guaranteed that if you have money in US or CDN currency, it has traces of cocaine too.

http://www.snopes.com/business/money/cocaine.asp
        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

See this is the very reason I don't carry cash.

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
          Aslo due to the inherent filthyness of money(seriously, ALWAYS wash your hands after touching money), many dancers use these, tip shoes, because it's safer(no touchy), and you never know who may pull tip money out of their sock
          That reminds me that at one Club I went to the DJ actually has to announce. "Gentlemen, and any of you lovely ladies out here having fun, the owners have asked me to remind you. Please do not put coins in the girls shoes, it puts them off balance. Thank you!"

I was so confused until now. (I don't go near the main stage)
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

At yon local strip club, rather than actually sticking proper money down the dancers panties, you can buy play money and stick it down there. Not sure if the amount is converted afterwards or what though.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

How many years do you get for laundering money? None if you don't get caught. Now stay out of this bathroom until I'm done washing my . . . shirt. Yes, that's it, my shirt. Some dumbbunny spilled their drink on my shirt and I am quite irate.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

At yon local strip club, rather than actually sticking proper money down the dancers panties, you can buy play money and stick it down there. Not sure if the amount is converted afterwards or what though.
                I'm sure it is. Plus... that way the establishment already has your money, so you might as well spend it .

I never thought about it before but... I would imagine many women in the adult industry would wash the money first before using it.
                The REAL issue... the trashy customers who think "bra = pocket" and pull out dripping sweaty money from their boobs.

And... one of my friends use to launder money too. He would wash laundry for me sometimes with my debit card in the pocket still. That poor card...

Comment

Used to work down the street from a s trip club that had the bright idea to give out 2 dollar bills to their customers. Higher minimum tip, right?

Anyone paying with those got some looks.

Comment

At least she didn't pull them out of her sweaty bra llike one lady did to me when I worked at a record store. Then we had a guy pull money out of his underwear. We refused to take it.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                      How many years do you get for laundering money? None if you don't get caught. Now stay out of this bathroom until I'm done washing my . . . shirt. Yes, that's it, my shirt. Some dumbbunny spilled their drink on my shirt and I am quite irate.
                      I've washed money in the laundry quite a few times . . . mainly b/c my mother will forget to empty her pockets before putting her clothes in either the hamper or calling one of us to get them out of her bedroom floor for her.

So far I've not been caught . . .heehee
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
                        Used to work down the street from a s trip club that had the bright idea to give out 2 dollar bills to their customers. Higher minimum tip, right?

Anyone paying with those got some looks.
                        I don't know how true it is but I heard a story back when I was first in the Navy... so yeah it could just be a sea story. but the story was that in Norfolk the civilians were getting mad at the military and wanted them kicked out etc.

and in response the military issued the next paycheck in $2 bills.... and maybe a week or so later the public was asked how many they had seen in circulation.

It's eye-catching to say the least.

Comment

Pepper - I'm just curious, how did it turn out? I presume that the locals realized just how much money the sailors were spending...? And where >_>
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Am I weird because I'm not grossed out that a customer who happens to be a dancer just happens to pay for purchases with cash?
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                              I don't judge other people by their jobs as you never know who is working a really bad job that you may not agree with to get through school/pay the rent/feed their kids/etc. I put my ex-husband through college as a "dancer", took a whopping 4 months to pay for two years of tuition.

Aslo due to the inherent filthyness of money(seriously, ALWAYS wash your hands after touching money), many dancers use these, tip shoes, because it's safer(no touchy), and you never know who may pull tip money out of their sock
                              BlaqueKatt: I did not mean to offend. I certainly understand that many of us have to take jobs that we don't want, in order to pay bills. And there are those who actually like that kind of job. I apologize if my post came across judgmental about that type of job.

Comment

I think that Kisa had a similar story, only the woman paid for her food with bills taken from her underpants.

There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X