X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: Braincell loss may occur

Heres a quicky

taken word for word (from what i remember due to me thinking I've lost brain cells)

*Customer enters the store using the exit door that you have to pull open opposed to using the automatic door clearly labelled "ENTER". He looks confused, combover no longer combed over, stained shirt, carrying a big red gas can.

WARNING DUMBEST CONVERSATION I'VE EVER HAD

SC - "YOU SHOULD HAVE AN OPEN SIGN AND A CLOSED SIGN SO I KNOW WHEN YOUR NOT OPEN !!!"
    *Let the record show we have one of those flourescent orange lit "OPEN" signs outside.

ME - ( I was slack jawed and dumbfounded, wondering what this guy really just said )

SC - Stands still for a moment in quiet contemplation before uttering " If the open sign is off does that mean that your're closed?"

ME - "Well, it would pretty much have to be would it not?"

SC - ( More quiet thought, I think I can actually hear the rust in his head grinding together to move the cogs and wheels to formualte his next stellar question )
    " Do you think my car will run on beer?"

ME - ( ???? ) "ummmmm, probably not."

SC - "oh okay"

EXIT SC

I think I stood at my counter for a good five minutes, waiting for Dom DeLuise to pop out ( or at least waddle, I don't imagine hes too mobile these days )

Doesn't happen......ow my head hurts

I'm glad I'd finished my homework before reading this one. I'd have failed the assignments for sure.

Quoth mymaskofsanity View Post
    SC - "YOU SHOULD HAVE AN OPEN SIGN AND A CLOSED SIGN SO I KNOW WHEN YOU'RE NOT OPEN !!!"
    *Let the record show we have one of those flourescent orange lit "OPEN" signs outside.
    In his defense, this is a valid comment... provided he never saw the sign... and has some visual problem that prevents him from seeing more than that which is directly in front of him... and only if he didn't come up with the second question.

SC - Stands still for a moment in quiet contemplation before uttering " If the open sign is off does that mean that you're closed?"
    He's on the right track with that one. It's a miraculous realization, but he's beginning to catch on. For a moment, the spectators (that's me!) are impressed. And then...

SC - ( More quiet thought, I think I can actually hear the rust in his head grinding together to move the cogs and wheels to formualte his next stellar question )
    Ow.

Although, it might not be a bad idea for this one to fill his car's tank with beer. His car would break, and the rest of us wouldn't have to worry about meeting him on the road.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Comment

I wish it would. Beer is cheaper.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        Actually, beer is about $14 a gallon.
        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

I think I stood at my counter for a good five minutes, waiting for Dom DeLuise to pop out ( or at least waddle, I don't imagine hes too mobile these days )
          How about Allan Funt?

Comment

SC - "YOU SHOULD HAVE AN OPEN SIGN AND A CLOSED SIGN SO I KNOW WHEN YOUR NOT OPEN !!!"
            The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

I'm moving to North Carolina.

In PA, a 6 pack of 12 ounce bottles of even the el-cheapo beer costs 3.00. That's about 5.33 per gallon.
              This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

"Do you think my car will run on beer?"
                Now I have a headache... -.-

Comment

... "It might hydroplane a bit, but otherwise, yes."
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

And this guy in the OP survived to adulthood?

Where's Darwin when you need him. . . . that could be almost as funny as the JATO car story.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

what a wondrous and miraculous car that would be! You guys can laugh, but you just ran into the inventor of the next big thing in alternative fuel!

Comment

Ethanol is a perfectly valid fuel . . .

. . . but unmodified ethanol is not suitable for engines designed to run on petrol.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Joke, ya'll. Joke.

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                            Where's Darwin when you need him. . . .
                            Being mollycoddled away from all those who need to feel his killing touch.
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                            X