This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Funny Not to Share (long)

One of the fun things I get to do at work besides answering phones is to answer the emails that come in from our website. This is a very nice reprieve from talking to people as I don't have to hear their whiney nasal voices saying, "But whhhyyyy does that ticket to Honolulu for Christmas cost $700.00!?!?! Isn't booking in late October enough time to get it for $100.00??"

I die a little inside for every stupid complaint phone call I take, but I absolutely LOVE to answer complaint emails. Now lots of complaints made against airlines are valid and I will give you that, but most of them are just people being pissy little babies.

I got this email a few days ago and it just made me laugh when I read it. First off I had to read it a couple of times to even know what on Earth this guy was talking about, and second, all I could think of was that scene from the TV show "Friends" when Joey writes the reccomendation letter for Chandler and Monica and uses the thesaurus for every word if you've seen the show you'll know what I mean. Here is the email in all it's glory, the only things altered is when he references the company name to protect privacy...

What do you as a representative or manager or controller of your corporation propose to offer me as an exchange for the money you have taken from me under the hospices of a fare surcharge for itinerary alteration? The difference in fare is $30.00. The change was due to in no part to any action or desire initiated by me. I can prove the circumstances described. I have been a consistent military customer for half a decade. Do you really intend to extract this commercial excess? If you do, I will exact a toll on your business that is commensurate with my pathetic sphere of influence. I will no longer recommend your business, to friends, family or colleges. While I realize this is of little concern to you who are reading this communication, the reality is that your company has taken money from me under conditions similar to theft. I purchased a fare with good faith intentions. The circumstances requiring my trip were changed without warning and without merit and resulted in a necessary rescheduling. I
    have now rescheduled the one fair to cover a separate trip that I would have booked no matter what, in an attempt to conserve my losses. However, upon the reschedule I learned that the difference in fare that could have worked in my favor and been applied to the fare change surcharge, was applied to your companies operating capitol.
    I made reservations and paid for them in good faith, then I needed to reschedule reservations with the understanding that I would pay a fee; then I learned that a less expensive flight would be assessed a double penalty, as the rescheduling charge would be not be reduced by the difference in my favor. So, now I will be a detractor for your business. I will book reservations with your company as long as it suits my needs, but I will tell every individual that I have the opportunity to inform, that your business is not one of fairness and integrity. I will recommend competitor corporations that provide any degree of service that equals what you have demonstrated with this behavior. For $30.00, you as a corporation are willing to alienate a demonstrated customer. I am willing to invest time in ensuring that other potential customers have this knowledge.
    What are you willing to do to make this situation fair? What are you willing to do to make a fare situation that is unfair by reasonable person standards, fair?
    When I started doing buisnes with your corperation I should have tracked the number of referals I sent to you. Your Airline was a good company. Now, you are not so good. This whole thing makes me sad.

Now for those of you who are like me (and I work for the airline for crying out loud) have no idea what this man said. If you did I applaud you fully because I had to re-read this email and look at the guys ticket to know what was going on.

Here is a quick breakdown of what he's complaining about. He bought a ticket, we'll say it cost $230.00. He had to change it. Changes incur a penalty fee, this is very obvious with airlines nowadays. The new flights he changed to were a ticket price of $200.00, so $30.00 less. Because he had a non refundable ticket he does not get that $30.00 back and it does not come off of the change fee. Now, this is a policy that I may not necessaryilly agree with, but it is not something we hide either. It's not one of those miniscule rules that we hide and don't tell people about. This rule is clearly stated when a change is made that if the price of the new ticket is less than the old ticket THE VALUE IS THEN FORFEITED. So this guy decided after he made the change and agreed to all the rules that he would throw a bitch fit for $30.00. My reply you may ask?

"The rules were clearly stated when you made this change."

Hate me if you must. It's one thing to complain and be mad about the fine print rules that are kind of hidden because I know that happens and I really do try to work with people to help them when they're in tough situations. But for something that is in black and white, right in front of your face, and you have to agree to before we'll accept the money to make the change? No. No sympathy from me.

Anyway. I hope you all got a kick out of that email like I did. I'll post more funny emails later.

ticket to Honolulu for Christmas cost $700.00!?!?!
    Actually that's a pretty good price for a ticket to hawaii. i worked in Hawaii back in the late 90s, early 2000s and... back then, I use to pay between 600 - 800 for roundtrip tickets between HI and NY.

So... considering that gas costs more, prices have gone up... that's a pretty good price tag on those tickets.

now for the $30... I think, being military, the only way he can get that back is to prove the rescheduling was due to work...

but I do agree 30 bucks isnt' that bad. Others in the military get screwed over far worse... one gal I knew was on a deployment, planning to get married right afterwards and everything was already paid for. When her ship considered staying out longer ... if they had done that she would have lost about 10K. (Thankfully it didn't happen and she got to enjoy her wedding)
    Last edited by PepperElf; 10-25-2008, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Quoth SapphireSky View Post
      my pathetic sphere of influence.
      Well, at least he admitted it!
      The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the D20 rules all!!!

Comment

I will do my best to translate his rhetoric.

What do you as a representative or manager or controller of your corporation propose to offer me as an exchange for the money you have taken from me under the hospices of a fare surcharge for itinerary alteration? The difference in fare is $30.00.
        What're you going to give me with the money I lost when I changed my flight? For $30, I should get something.

The change was due to in no part to any action or desire initiated by me. I can prove the circumstances described.
        I will prove that I didn't want to change my flight, regardless of the impact that has on the situation.

I have been a consistent military customer for half a decade.
        I am entitled to stuffs because I am in the military or am a military spouse.

Do you really intend to extract this commercial excess? If you do, I will exact a toll on your business that is commensurate with my pathetic sphere of influence. I will no longer recommend your business, to friends, family or colleges.
        Do you really intend to take my money that you already took? Also, I'm not an officer in the military, so I can't really hold my position over you. I will tell all my friends, my family and several universities and colleges of higher learning that you took my money.

While I realize this is of little concern to you who are reading this communication, the reality is that your company has taken money from me under conditions similar to theft.
        I realize you don't give a shit, but I'm going to keep writing and bash your company further.

I purchased a fare with good faith intentions. The circumstances requiring my trip were changed without warning and without merit and resulted in a necessary rescheduling.
        I believed in you! Why did you steal my money? Also, I'll ignore that I'm asking for you to take a loss because of outside circumstances in my own life.

I have now rescheduled the one fair to cover a separate trip that I would have booked no matter what, in an attempt to conserve my losses. However, upon the reschedule I learned that the difference in fare that could have worked in my favor and been applied to the fare change surcharge, was applied to your companies operating capitol.
        I rescheduled all by myself! But, because I can't read, that elusive $30 has escaped me. Your company ate it, didn't they?

I made reservations and paid for them in good faith, then I needed to reschedule reservations with the understanding that I would pay a fee; then I learned that a less expensive flight would be assessed a double penalty, as the rescheduling charge would be not be reduced by the difference in my favor.
        I had a plan. I changed the plan and now you want to doubly penalize me. Why do you want to punish me twice?

So, now I will be a detractor for your business. I will book reservations with your company as long as it suits my needs, but I will tell every individual that I have the opportunity to inform, that your business is not one of fairness and integrity.
        I will no longer recommend your business to others, but that's not going to stop me from continuing to use your business. As a matter of fact, I'm booking a reservation right now, while I'm complaining. It's not fair that I can choose the company I book with and to agree to various terms and conditions.

I will recommend competitor corporations that provide any degree of service that equals what you have demonstrated with this behavior. For $30.00, you as a corporation are willing to alienate a demonstrated customer. I am willing to invest time in ensuring that other potential customers have this knowledge.
        I'm going to find companies that treat me exactly the way you have and recommend them. I like my friends, family and universities to suffer as I have. But, not with you. Oh no. You're all mine.

What are you willing to do to make this situation fair? What are you willing to do to make a fare situation that is unfair by reasonable person standards, fair?
        I like wordplay.

When I started doing buisnes with your corperation I should have tracked the number of referals I sent to you. Your Airline was a good company. Now, you are not so good. This whole thing makes me sad.
        I have forgotten how to spell properly. Also, I have made lots of referrals to your company and, as such, should be compensated. I'm sad now. I'm going to go listen to Linkin Park and Evanescence.
        Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

I'd be grumpy too, paying $260 for a $200 ticket.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

If you do, I will exact a toll on your business that is commensurate with my pathetic sphere of influence. I will no longer recommend your business, to friends, family or colleges.
            His pathetic sphere? Is it just me, or did he insult either himself or his group of friends and acquaintances? The best part though was when he stated that he was going to tell everyone not to use your company but would use it himself as he saw fit.

Quoth TheComputerError View Post
            I will tell all my friends, my family and several universities and colleges of higher learning that you took my money.
            I think he might have actually meant 'colleagues', not colleges, but I could be wrong. It happens.

For all the research he did in writing that email, not only did he probably waste more than $30 worth of his time but he also proved that he is capable of having read the rules and regulations stated by the company. I'd say FTL, but his wording made me
            "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Raging Arsewipe
              What do you as a representative or manager or controller of your corporation propose to offer me as an exchange for the money you have taken from me under the hospices of a fare surcharge for itinerary alteration?
              I propose to alter your itinerary in the manner in which you have described (oh and it's auspices. Prat).

NEXT!

Pretty much every airline I am aware of charges for alterations to tickets be they dates or times so what is the problem here?

Oh and Mr. R. Arsewipe, next time you want an email to be taken seriously don't run every third word through a thesaurus.
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
                I think he might have actually meant 'colleagues', not colleges, but I could be wrong. It happens.
                Oh, I know what he meant. But, I couldn't pass up that joke.

Also, thank you for actually reading the entirety of my post. I was afraid it would be tl;dr for many people.
                Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                  Pretty much every airline I am aware of charges for alterations to tickets be they dates or times so what is the problem here?
                  The problem is that the difference of $30 between the ticket originally purchased and the ticket changed to was lost, and then another $30 was charged for the switch.

Personally, I'd be annoyed at that, but if it was a stated policy, I'd cope. He's lucky that it wasn't a non-changeable ticket, as I've seen a few of those flying around.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I like wordplay.
                    Actually, I think he means:

"I don't even know what I'm saying and just want to make it sound like I'm better than you."

Eric the Grey
                    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth some moron
                      I will recommend competitor corporations that provide any degree of service that equals what you have demonstrated with this behavior.

Is PFC. PITA saying this particular policy isn't going to bother him when he's on a different airline, but he's pissing and moaning about it being enforced on the OP's airline?

I'm confused, but admittedly it doesn't always take much to confuse me.

All those big words, and the only message he conveys is "Lookit me! I'm a douchepizza using big words to sound all important and shit!"

This is what flying on any major airline is like these days. If he doesn't like cancellation fees and fees to change reservations, he can take AMTRAK.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Oh, I know what he meant. But, I couldn't pass up that joke.

Also, thank you for actually reading the entirety of my post. I was afraid it would be tl;dr for many people.
                        Nah, that was great. The last line was the best part.
                        "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
                          Actually, I think he means:

"I don't even know what I'm saying and just want to make it sound like I'm better than you."

Eric the Grey
                          There's a shorthand for that: "WHARRGARBL!"
                          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                          "What IS fun to fight through?"
                          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                            There's a shorthand for that: "WHARRGARBL!"
                            LOL Now I know where they got the sound for Murloc's in WoW. Someone on the team must have worked retail.

Eric the Grey
                            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

For $30.00, you as a corporation are willing to alienate a demonstrated customer.
                              For a $30.00 charge that you were fully aware of before agreeing to the change, you, as a "demonstrated customer", are willing to make a complete ass out of yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X