Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this is strange.... I know whenever I bought dirt I had plastic in the car to keep it clean (you know, planning)..... but why on earth would you think fire sprinklers would clean something off better than a hose?

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
      I've got a jar of dirt!
      I've got a jar of diirt!
      And guess what's inside it!
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I just tell people that the bag has been pre-opened for their convenience.
        "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
          HOW DARE YOU HAVE A DIRTY BAG OF DIRT?!?
          That reminds me of a song from the 50s/60s. The refrain was
          "Dirt-dirty-dirt
          Dirt-dirt-dirty-dirt
          Dirt-dirt-dirty-dirt
          Dirt-dirt-dirty-dirt
          Dirty dirt!"

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
            HOW DARE YOU HAVE A DIRTY BAG OF DIRT?!?
            But... but... but I want CLEAN DIRT!!!
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              I've got a jar of diirt!
              And guess what's inside it!
              Captain Jack Sparrow FTW
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth going gaga View Post
                Why the hell would anyone specifically need a 'clean' bag of compost? It's just going to get filthy as soon as you start using it.
                Because, if you can find soemthing wrong with what you're buying, AND you can get the customer service reps to refuse to resolve it to your satisfaction, you can get spineless managers to give you gift cards to keep you happy.

That's the whole purpose of this, as evidenced by her subsiquent demand for a gift card. She's learned the secret that many managers, as soon as presented with the scenario of a customer who has an issue with a product AND who was refuse satisfactory resolution by a representative, will knee-jerk cough up a gift card or a discount, regardless of how outrageous or stupid the complaint and/or demanded resolutions is.

See, I think you caught her off guard when you offered to clean off her bag of dirt. She was expecting to bring to the front, complain that her bag of dirt was dirty, cause a logic fault in your brain and then be able to complain. You first derailed that by brushing it off, then by offering to actually clean her bag of dirt... so she had to come up with something so utterly ridiculous on the spot that you'd HAVE to say 'no', so she could have her dissatisfaction and take it to the manager.
                Check out my webcomic!

Comment

I've got to tell you, with all the years I've been in the food service industry, with all the things I've both experienced and seen, and all the stories I've heard from friends, coworkers, and on here, it is rare for me to be surprised to the point of stupefaction by something.

This just happened.

It is even rarer that I can show you my exact facial expressions, and thus my reactions to reading said story, with just some smileys.

But this too has just happened. Allow me to demonstrate.

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                  DL: You ca't get it any cleaner?
                  ME: We'll I could try rinsing it with the hose(we have a hose for watering our plants)
                  DL: That's not good enogh, can't you like, light a fire so the sprinkler system will wash it off?
                  Me: No, I 'd get fired for that.
                  DL: So, you'd rather keep your loser job here then sell me a clean package of dirt??

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  Right now there's a whole message board of people who, by tonight, will be thinking, ...dang that lady was a total stuck up bitch."
                  Actually, I was thinking, "DAMN! That woman's nuttier than a holiday fruit basket!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Good on you for keeping your cool. I would have lost it on that lady. How full of yourself do you have to be to think that someone should sell you a $20 bag of clean dirt rather than keep their "loser job"?

Check out my cosplay social group!
                    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

can't you like, light a fire so the sprinkler system will wash it off?
                      *blink, blink*

Here's an idea; why don't you light the fire, and I'll go call security. Because you're obviously too insane to be out in public if your answer to everything is fire...
                      Oh wait, that's my excuse too... never mind then...

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                        Good on you for keeping your cool. I would have lost it on that lady. How full of yourself do you have to be to think that someone should sell you a $20 bag of clean dirt rather than keep their "loser job"?

Actually my first impulse was that she was joking, but, she was not. Oh and the dirt was $3.50, so I'd be risking my job for an item worth about what i got paid for a half-hour of work.

Comment

DL: There's dirt on this bag.
                          That's your free sample.

Comment

"How 'bout, lady, I just turn the hose on you. Then you'd get as least as wet as the overhead sprinkler system would get you."

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                              That's your free sample.
                              That's what my Mom would say about that.

And I'm just as stumped as everyone else on this thread: indeed.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Ok I fully understand the scammer aspect of this. I just don't get the bit about arson.

Comment

Working...
                                X