Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Check it out!

Thank you to the mods and admins and all those folks
Old 08-27-2018, 02:37 AM
Area Manager

Default Thank you to the mods and admins and all those folks

Words cannot express how grateful I am for a group in which the "Do not malign the dead" rule is enforced.

That is all.

Last edited by Pixelated; 08-27-2018 at 02:43 AM.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:44 PM
Et tu, Pixie?

Thanks! It's our pleasure.

On ...er...another place where I posted that link, I had to actually delete my post and block someone who refused to stop posting political vitriol and some very disrespectful things about the deceased. The latter upsets me much more than the former, no matter who happens to be the subject matter at hand. There is a time and a place for such opinions, and (imho) an obit post is not one of them.
"I donít know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged

Old 08-27-2018, 10:40 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Thanks! It's our pleasure.

*snip* There is a time and a place for such opinions, and (imho) an obit post is not one of them.
Exactly. I was thoroughly appalled at what I was finding on the Book of Faces yesterday.

Old 08-28-2018, 02:44 AM
Escapee

I remember being on another board (like a DIY / money saving type site) and some people were talking about things they were going to do for Earth Day that also saved money. Just small stuff to save water or electric. And this one person went off the rails screaming about how he/she was going to run the AC on full with open windows and turn on all the faucets in the house just to undo any perceived good that everyone else was doing. It was bizarre, and an example of an attack that wouldn't be allowed on this site.

I guess that doesn't sound like a big deal compared to being mean about someone who recently passed away, I just remember it as a good example of how someone can take something relatively innocuous and go bonkers with it.

Last edited by notalwaysright; 08-28-2018 at 02:52 AM.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:03 AM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

It also helps that all our people here are able to engage the brain before letting the fingers loose on the keys

Old 08-29-2018, 04:35 AM
No-Account Countess

I am so, so, very grateful for this site.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:32 PM
Et tu, Pixie?

I wish our spammers were LESS grateful for it (and Fratching is worse. Much, much worse) -- There's a reason why only mods/admins can see posts from brand new users Not too bad, though.
(cue overwhelming deluge of spam posts)

Y'all remind me of a comment I made back in ye olden days, before I was asked to become a mod -- I had remarked that the modding here was a bit "draconian," and that it was a good thing in this context, as this board is so much more civilized than most I'm only too happy to live up to that philosophy. Some users have disagreed with this methodology in no uncertain terms, but, well...they're gone now
"I donít know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged

Old 08-30-2018, 03:31 PM
Computer Tech

NSFW

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
I wish our spammers were LESS grateful for it (and Fratching is worse. Much, much worse) -- There's a reason why only mods/admins can see posts from brand new users Not too bad, though.
(cue overwhelming deluge of spam posts)
I remember a thread that Ree decided to keep up for our amusement despite the fact it was spam. It included advice using a vacuum cleaner as a penis pump.

As a penis pump, vacuums suck.

Yes, we still have a penis pump spam on a website called "Customers Suck."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:40 AM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth catcul View Post
I remember a thread that Ree decided to keep up for our amusement despite the fact it was spam. It included advice using a vacuum cleaner as a penis pump.

As a penis pump, vacuums suck.

Yes, we still have a penis pump spam on a website called "Customers Suck."
That kind of thing ain't my bag, baby!

Old 08-31-2018, 11:57 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

That thread was shared literally 5 minutes after I finished watching Scary Movie and Doofy's 'friendly' vacuum...