Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tow Files: The Winter of YOUR Discontent!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post

I challenge anyone to forge my signature. Really. It's that bad
    I always heard that doctors had the worst handwriting. Is this true for nurses as well?

Mine looks different, but that depends on which hand I have my pen in. Right hand, oh yeah, looks really flowing and feminine.

Left hand, needs improvement. Of course, when you've been in school for 12 years and forced to use your right hand, the left one will be rusty.

That said, if I'm really concerned about forgery, I'll use my left hand.

Here's a couple of pics to illustrate my point. First one is left handed, the second one is right handed.
    Attached Files
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      I challenge anyone to forge my signature. Really. It's that bad
      My 8th Grade science teacher: "Okay, BPFH, Gretchen, whose is this?"

And my wife's? You can tell what her initials are, but good luck figuring out her entire name from her signature.
      "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        Left hand, needs improvement. Of course, when you've been in school for 12 years and forced to use your right hand, the left one will be rusty.
        Are you saying you're a natural lefty, but were forced to write right-handed? I am so glad I never had to deal with that crap.

Comment

Quoth BPFH View Post
          And my wife's? You can tell what her initials are, but good luck figuring out her entire name from her signature.
          That sounds like my grandfather on my dad's side. You could make out the initial, and the rest looked like a squiggle.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
            Are you saying you're a natural lefty, but were forced to write right-handed? I am so glad I never had to deal with that crap.
            Started school writing left handed but in 1st grade (and half of 2nd) I was in a private academy and had a teacher that had the audacity to state that left handed people were possessed by Satan!

My mom removed me from that environment in the middle of 2nd grade and I was sent to public school, which really wasn't much better. Teachers I had in public school didn't encourage me to go back to being a lefty - not long after I graduated I picked up a pen and started doodling to see if I could recall how to do it.

As far as being a natural lefty, I do use a knife w/my left hand as well as a case cutter.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I always heard that doctors had the worst handwriting. Is this true for nurses as well?
              Well, let me put it this way.

You know your handwriting is worse than a doctor's, when a doctor comes to you and says, "Sapphire Silk, your handwriting is a trial to me."

My favorite ER doctor actually said that to me once. What could I say? She was right.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Wow small world. I too started life left handed. Teacher thought all lefties and red haired children were spawns of Satan..just glad I didn't have red hair. Now my signature looks like a chicken having a seizure after dipping its legs in ink signed it.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

In some ways, I'm Ambidextrous, but years and years of declaring that I wasn't for reasons I no longer remember HAVE left me with a preference for my right hand. My handwriting with my left hand is atrocious, while writing with my right is merely horrific.

I am not good at handwriting. It's so bad that in school, I had private handwriting lessons. And then they gave up on those and the school system got me a laptop(or what passed for one at the time....) to use instead.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                    I know that a lot of stuff is computerized, and technology has pretty much taken over, but what about teaching the younger generations some form of shorthand? I mean, materials for Pitman 2000 and Gregg shorthand are still around...

I could see shorthand coming in handy...though with the education level of some in this country, I could see people thinking it was Arabic or something...
                    My mom, who was a secretary for decades, seas absolutely awesome with who shorthand. She actually would leave post-it notes to herself in shorthand, or more commonly, a mixture between shorthand and regular writing, and it got to the point where we could figure out what a lot of them said, despite having no training in shorthand ourselves. Hell, I'm pretty sure Mom still does that, and she's been retired for years.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Started school writing left handed but in 1st grade (and half of 2nd) I was in a private academy and had a teacher that had the audacity to state that left handed people were possessed by Satan!
                      Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Teacher thought all lefties and red haired children were spawns of Satan..just glad I didn't have red hair.
                      Wow, I'm glad I didn't have teachers like that! It blows my mind that there were people who thought like that in the 20th century! According to my mom, my kindergarten teacher was left-handed, however, there was apparently no such thing as lefty scissors at that time, so I learned to use righty ones, and that is one of the few things I can do right-handed.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                        According to my mom, my kindergarten teacher was left-handed, however, there was apparently no such thing as lefty scissors at that time,
                        When was this? I was in elementary school back in the early '70s, and a number of my classmates were left-handed. Lefty scissors were a VERY common item.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          When was this? I was in elementary school back in the early '70s, and a number of my classmates were left-handed. Lefty scissors were a VERY common item.
                          I started kindergarten in '68. According to my mom, my second grade teacher surprised me with a pair of lefty scissors, but by that time I was used to cutting righty.

Comment

There are a couple left handed people at my work, and they use right handed scissors. Lefty scissors existed, of course, they just weren't readily available in schools, or parents didn't know/bother to buy them. Seems like it's hit or miss. One is in her 30s, the other 50s.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                              Wow small world. I too started life left handed. Teacher thought all lefties and red haired children were spawns of Satan..just glad I didn't have red hair. Now my signature looks like a chicken having a seizure after dipping its legs in ink signed it.

You know that Catholic school I linked to earlier in the thread?

Count me in as a forced righty. I still do a lot of stuff left handed, though I'm mostly right handed, even with horrible handwriting and fine motor skills. And while I never outright heard from a teacher that redheads were evil, I wouldn't be surprised to hear if one or more of the nuns that were teaching while I was there held that view.
                              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I am right-handed. Always have been. No ones has ever attempted to correct this. My entire family is right-handed. Heck, I don't even know of any distant cousins of mine who are lefties, though of course that is a possibility. Everything I do, I do right-handed.

And yet, for some inexplicable reason, I shoot pool lefty. And it's not a situation of I can shoot lefty as well as righty. I can only shoot pool lefty. Trying to shoot righty is as awkward and unnatural to me as attempting to throw a ball or swing a bat lefty. And this is the only thing in my life that I am, for some reason, naturally lefty.

Yeah, I don't understand it either.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X