This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PhotoChick View Post
    the faa recently did some tests and determined that it would be possible to have cell phones in the air but decided to keep the current rule to avoid backlash from business/frequent fliers.

I'll try finding a link when I'm not feeding the baby.
    Quite correct. I remember a story about just such the same thing. Airplanes are the only time and place that a lot of executives and people who travel on business for a living are COMPLETELY out of touch. It's the only time they can relax and focus and not worry about being interrupted by other concerns.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I guess it wasn't as recent as I thought. I had to go back to 2004 to find any mention. This article from the NY Times.

Comment

I fell sorry to the rep who will get to listen to her whine about her CC bill for that hour long AirPhone call.

BTW, if they were to allow cell phones on planes and I flew, i would probably be in jail for beating the crap out of the asshole with the obnoxious ring tone who gets a cal every 5 minutes.

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
          When I was younger, I once had a little brat kicking my seat. So I turned around and politely asked his mom to stop him. Her response?

"He's seven! What can I do?" I wanted to yell back at her, "SMACK HIM." Probably would have if it were me now and not me when I was thirteen.

So I waited until the mother was looking away, and I gave the kid my patented death glare. His eyes widened, and he didn't kick me again for the rest of the flight.
          When I was younger, I had the SAME THING happen. I asked the kid to stop, he sticks his tounge out. I ask the mom to make him stop, she says the patented
          "He's seven! What can I do?" to which I responded "I'm eight, and I don't kick the seat" Not sure what was done after that, He stopped for about half the flight. At that point I wasn't in the mood to push it, I felt my point was made.
          Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth PhotoChick View Post
            I guess it wasn't as recent as I thought. I had to go back to 2004 to find any mention.
            I'm pretty sure there was an article earlier this year about how the FAA was going to keep planes a cell-free zone more for the peace in the cabin than for safety reasons. Mostly due to the fact that seats are assigned (or chosen) and cannot be switched around.

Although, in a divided cabin, I could see one section being cell phone OK, and the rest of the plane being a no-call zone.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X