This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you steal that!?

Went to Mart of Wal for a vacuum (lots of research, went with Shark). I had a 2-page print-out with vacuum information, my notes on the different brands, and my shopping list. I had it in the seat of my cart. I went to get an item and bring it to the cart and can you believe someone stole my shopping list? Wasn't on the floor and was actually under another item, so it's not like it blew away. Just... weird.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

People will take anything. Literally. My sister once lost a glove in a store...went back within a couple of minutes...it was gone. Not at any of the checkouts, the office or the floor. It was right before the store closed. Only conclusion we could come to was, someone picked it up and kept it. ONE glove.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I can't tell you how many times we have to mark down packages of underwear because someone stole one] pair.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        I can't tell you how many times we have to mark down packages of underwear because someone stole one] pair.
        Happens a lot in my shop. Mostly with multi packs of little girls' or boys' underwear.

Often we find a pair of wet ones lying next to the pack....
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
          Often we find a pair of wet ones lying next to the pack....
          Gross...and I thought finding the diapers around a store was bad. Why some people think that's acceptable need to be smacked. Too bad stores can't have an employee wander around with a rolled up newspaper, catching customers leaving trash/nasty stuff and then *smack!* "No! Bad Customer!"
          Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
            Gross...and I thought finding the diapers around a store was bad. Why some people think that's acceptable need to be smacked. Too bad stores can't have an employee wander around with a rolled up newspaper, catching customers leaving trash/nasty stuff and then *smack!* "No! Bad Customer!"
            Rub their nose in it.

Sorry.

Not y3k compatible

Comment

It's just..... the thieving of the one pair would be annoying enough, but leaving the old wet pair for us to dispose of? Just adds insult to injury.
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

You never know. Maybe the thief needed a shopping list and thought yours would do?
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  They probably stole that after stealing one anti-diarrhea pill, which has happened at my store.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    People will take anything. Literally. My sister once lost a glove in a store...went back within a couple of minutes...it was gone. Not at any of the checkouts, the office or the floor. It was right before the store closed. Only conclusion we could come to was, someone picked it up and kept it. ONE glove.
                    It was the one armed man! *ducks flying rocks*
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Or maybe Michael Jackson's ghost?
                      Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        People will take anything. Literally.
                        Yeah, this. Last week my dad (also my landlord) burst into the house in a whirlwind of rage. Seems somebody has been stealing the cactus he'd planted along the side of the house, and finally took off with the last one. I would rather put a tree over there anyway, but geez, who steals cactus? And can I arrange for them to steal the big ugly one out front that I'm allergic to?

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          People will take anything. Literally.
                          Definitely this. At the school, the kids will run away with anything that isn't nailed down, glued in place, or otherwise secured. We have signage hanging from a chain (so it can go across a stairwell) that says Authorized Personnel Only. When I first rigged it up, the chain was on some double-sided snap hooks, so one end of the hook was fastened to the chain, and the other end was fastened to the railing of the stairwell... The first or second day, someone stole one of the snap hooks. So we had to invest in ones with a d-ring on one end and padlock them to the chain. We ended up padlocking the sign to the chain, too, so they wouldn't end up stealing that the next time around.

Argh!

Comment

Last time I went to the bank, someone had stolen the pen. You know those pens that are chained to little pen rests which are nailed to the desk? Well, someone had gone to the effort of unscrewing the pen rest just to steal the pen. XD Talk about someone with too much time on their hands; you can buy ten pens for 99p in the pound shop down the road.
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Had a kid steal a pen at my store. If you were that desperate, I woulda given you one of my personal pens. People these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X