Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 07:04 AM
Front End Supervisor

In my old job (No longer in CS) I once had a customer bring in a laptop in a bin bag asking for it to be repaired under our extended warranty/insurance.

Turns out his g/f had been annoyed at the amount of time he spent on it playing WOW rather than paying attention to her so grabbed it, threw it on the floor, dropped her trousers and pissed on it.

It as still wet and leaking on the service desk...

Old 02-09-2019, 09:33 PM
RVT

So, did you? Did the warranty cover bodily fluids? I'm hoping no....!

Old 02-09-2019, 11:42 PM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth Minflick View Post
So, did you? Did the warranty cover bodily fluids? I'm hoping no....!
So at the time the retailer I worked for sold it's "cover" under a name which was (imho) potentially misleading, something like "everythings covered" even though deliberate misuse/mistreatment wasn't covered.

I don't really know what happened to the laptop but the warranty wouldn't have covered the machine as the situation would have been class as deliberate. I just wish I could have rewarded his honesty as had he run it under the shower we'd have never known and covered it especially if he'd lied and said something like "I spilt my glass of water, I tried to dry it out but it doesn't work any more".

Luckily for me we only took machines in for warranty as a courtesy (we only did chargeable work in the store pulling parts off the stop floor, warranty jobs we'd book in and call the same number as the customers) so I was able to tell him it wasn't likely to be covered but to give the call centre a bell.

Thankfully the customer was actually not sucky at all, well not as a customer anyway (maybe as a b/f?). Also without wanting to get too graphic, the g/f must have been drinking plenty as there wasn't much of a smell.

Cat pee is far worse, or milk especially as we sometimes would have to wait a few days for pickup - in a nice warm store. However the worst was if the repair centre refused repair, then it could have been weeks before we got them back.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:35 AM
Den Mother

Quote:
Quoth Dragon_Dreamer View Post
I can beat that. Once had a desktop computer come in for repair where the owner's cat had sprayed through the tiny vent holes, right onto the MB. New PC time!

We had this one cat back in the late 90's who, for reasons known only to her, would get mad and would pee on whatever she could.

I lost not one, but TWO Epson Color Stylus printers because of her. I literally had to drain them . . . they had pee standing in them!

And, in another instance (IIRC, it was after the first printer went dead and before the 2nd one) she jumped onto the desk while I had left the office for a quick run to the fridge - came back with a glass of wine and found she had peed on the keyboard of my desktop PC.

I quickly called Mom at work (this was back when she was doing live-in work overnights) and told her what happened. She was home in less than 30 minutes and we made a quick run to Target for a new keyboard.

That cat didn't stay long with us after that. That fall, she had a litter of kittens and just when they were weaned, Mom rushed her to the vet after the cat jumped her back and tried to claw her - cat came home in a box and was laid to rest in the flower bed.

So if anyone hear wonders why I make the comment occasionally about "someone Zoey-ed *insert item here*", that's what I'm referring to (the cat in question was a yellow female we called Zoey.)

Old 02-10-2019, 09:06 PM
RVT

I had one of my mother's cats euthanized after he bit her in the leg and she ended up in he hospital with cellulitis, an ankle-to-knee pressure cuff and IV antibiotics for ~3 days. Aggression is not acceptable in any house pet, let alone a fragile old lady with dementia and tissue paper skin. He'd lived with her for years, and had always been a bit iffy, but that was my final straw. She hadn't provoked him, he was just a cranky asshole of a cat who would probably have made a decent barn cat.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:37 PM
Store Manager

When I was a young kid, we got a dog. Unfortunately we'd gotten them from a puppy mill, which was how we wound up with a high-strung golden retriever. Our abusive stepfather didn't help either... We got rid of him after he'd bitten every member of the family. (The dog, not the stepfather. The stepfather took another year or two before he threatened to walk out one time too often, and Mom handed him his suitcase.)

Old 02-11-2019, 04:06 PM
RVT

I have met 1 or 2 really sketchy Goldens. 1 owner tried to tell me that her basket muzzle wearing dog was 'quite normal' in trying to bite people. I don't know the pets current status, but I'm not sure it was possible to rehab the dog with good quality training, and certainly not with that owner.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Store Manager

Most animals can be dealt with and eventually rehabed to some level of acceptable. It's often not seen as being worth the time, sadly.
Humans... are generally harder to deal with, and effort to rehab are usually less effective.

I will say this: Not all humans are People. Not all People are humans.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:54 PM
Paleontologist

Our cats have always been very good about the not peeing thing. They will, however, puke on everything. -.- I had to replace a couple SATA cables recently due to puke that apparently happened while I was away in South Carolina a month ago.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:58 PM
Retired

Quote:
Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
That happened to me. Except my books filled a paper grocery bag and the culprit was my cat.
Also had it happen to me, except that the bag of books was on the sofa and my longer-haired cat decided it was an ideal place to barf a hairball.
Closed Thread