This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Greenday View Post
    midnightaurora, I have a pretty good guess at which mall that is seeing as I went to school in Bam's town. Never made it to his bar though. I'm honestly shocked that his dad would expect people to know who he is just buy looking at him though.
    To be fair, about half of every show consisted of them tormenting him, so he was fairly well known because of that show.

Comment

My ex worked at Kinko's. One day, he had a guy come in and want a bunch of copies of a Dokken album cover. So, the ex asks if he has a copyright release for that. The guy then asks "Is a driver's license ok?"

Not really a "do you know who I am" moment, but with Kinko's it's not uncommon to get celebrities of all levels stopping in for some quick copies.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My claim to fame was that I rang out and had a short conversation with Harrison Ford. He didn't ask if I knew who he was but I didn't even recognize him until he talked because a) He was all bearded and wearing sunglasses, b) It was nine in the morning c) One doesn't expect Harrison Ford to walk into your little corner of Alaska.

My co-workers were totally jealous.

Comment

Quoth Hryre View Post
          My claim to fame was that I rang out and had a short conversation with Harrison Ford...
          Did you write a song about your encounter? Harrison Ford - Christine Lavin
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Well...to be honest, I have found that most people don't really know or care about their local politicians except at election time. The overwhelming majority of people are probably lucky to know the names of their senators/congressmen, let alone their faces. It's just not something most people deal with on a daily basis.
            I met the mayor of the town next to ours when we had a table at a local collector's market, and he was shopping. And yes, I did recognize him. Of course, he is rather recognizable - very tall, striking, and usually wearing a mini-skirt (he does have the legs for it)..

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Nijiero View Post
              Used to work in a convenience store in Scottsdale, Az. Nice guy came in every week to buy cigs, and we'd have a pleasant little chat. No idea who he was until one day my coworker saw me talking with him, and after he left asked me if I knew that was Alice Cooper.

I'd had no idea. Didn't recognize him without his stage getup. XD
              I would shit a brick if I ever talked to him.
              If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth Hryre View Post
                My claim to fame was that I rang out and had a short conversation with Harrison Ford. He didn't ask if I knew who he was but I didn't even recognize him until he talked because a) He was all bearded and wearing sunglasses, b) It was nine in the morning c) One doesn't expect Harrison Ford to walk into your little corner of Alaska.

My co-workers were totally jealous.
                You rang out Han Solo?!?! IM JEALOUS!!!
                If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  Back in the mid 70s or so Mom had a job at JCP catalog dept. One customer came in to use a check... I don't remember if he had ID or not but the employees were allowed to authorize a check without ID if they knew who the customer was personally.

One customer didn't have the ID but the employees didn't recognize him... except for Mom who vouched for him. It somewhat astonished her that her coworkers didn't know he was the town mayor.
                  I used to live in Cincinnati, back in the early 1990s. And the whole country can recognize THEIR ex-mayor.

His name is Jerry Springer.

Comment

Quoth Nijiero View Post
                    Used to work in a convenience store in Scottsdale, Az. Nice guy came in every week to buy cigs, and we'd have a pleasant little chat. No idea who he was until one day my coworker saw me talking with him, and after he left asked me if I knew that was Alice Cooper.

I'd had no idea. Didn't recognize him without his stage getup. XD
                    Alice Cooper is awesome in person. He gives so much to the community.

I was working at voter stuff and someone came in wearing red checks and a hat that said Olsen's. I don't remember what he wanted, but when I asked him to spell his name he yelled O L S E N!!!

Turns out that he was the owner of a local feed store. Sorry, big fish in a small pond. No I didn't know who you were, but its been several years and I still make fun of you. I'm doing it now, LOL!!!

Comment

A friend of my mom's had a good one. She was at a grocery store in a small town, waiting in line to pay for her groceries. Some teenage girls were standing behind her, whispering excitedly. She was amused, and tapped the shoulder of the man in front of her:

"Excuse me, but those girls behind me think - oh my God, you are Sam Elliott!"

Comment

That's a strange story, because his father and mother are both very nice and polite...

But I do hate when people assume you know who they are - that's a very specific audience for that show.

Comment

When I was working at the chicken restaurant, Mike Tomlin, the new coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers, came in with his family. He was a very polite customer. Of course, being from Kentucky I had no idea who the hell he was so I treated him like every other customer.

Then the coworkers were all over him and I felt bad. Everyone wanted an autograph. I'm pretty sure the dude just wanted a family dinner.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                            I used to live in Cincinnati, back in the early 1990s. And the whole country can recognize THEIR ex-mayor.

His name is Jerry Springer.
                            Heh. Welcome to my hometown.

He's recognizable here for lots of reasons besides his show, trust me.
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                              Heh. Welcome to my hometown.

He's recognizable here for lots of reasons besides his show, trust me.
                              Like writing a bum check to pay for a hooker? Yeah, I think even the flippin' Martians know about that one.....lol

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                                Like writing a bum check to pay for a hooker? Yeah, I think even the flippin' Martians know about that one.....lol
                                Actually, he was also co-anchor for WLWT's 11pm newcast in the mid-80's, before he got his talk show started. He gave amazingly insightful commentaries on an almost nightly basis towards the tail end of the broadcast, similar to his "Final Thought" segment on his current show, but more serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X