This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man wants to report us to the government

We had an issue today with a particular soda ringing higher than the listed price. OK, it happens; it was a mistake. If I were the customer, I'd ask to have it fixed, and let management know so they could deal with it. But this guy, after having the difference refunded, asked the FES "Is there some government number I could call to report this?" OK, I could understand if it had happened numerous times, but come on. Does he have nothing better to do? The FES informed him he didn't have to go to the trouble (subtext--Stop being petty) because we get audited routinely, and also there's a grace of 10 mistags. He left without the Weights and Measures phone number without incidence, but really....
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

If they're local and there's no outside rules about it, then the price adjustment happens and everyone should just be happy. It was resolved and that's it. No need to drag it out if there's nothing else that can be done.

Here, when it rings higher in a store that doesn't individually price at least 50% of the stock:

Under $10, free for first item, sale price the rest.
    Above $10, $10 off sale price first item, sale price the rest.

It's the law in Quebec. Store refuses, there's a hotline to call and then they have two days to comply with that agency. It`s serious stuff over here. Reports are handled quickly since fines can be quite high.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Weights and Measures takes gas pricing mistakes more seriously than being overcharged for a soda.

Comment

Maybe if someone poured the soda into his gas tank he'd have a case.

Comment

Reminded me of a lady I had years ago when I was just an associate at "Place for Kids" We had some shirts come in mis-tagged at 3 for $18. They were placed on a table with skirts and pants that were also mix and match 3 for $18. Corporate told us to take the 3 for 18 edge off the shirts and just leave the price of $7.50. The sign also said bottoms 3 for 18. A women came into the store about 10 mins before closing. She asked me what was 3 for 18, and I told her it was just the bottoms on the table and not the tops. She said ok and continued shopping.

Now it is closing time and she had destroyed the table looking for her granddaughters size. She come across one shirt on the whole table that still has the old ticket price on it. She demanded to know why that shirt had the sale price but not the others. I calmly explained to her that, their was an error in pricing when the shirts came out and corporate instructed us to remove that pricing. She then demanded that we give her the mix and match price for the shirt. I told her we only could for the shirt that was in her hand which was about 4 sizes smaller than the size she needed. Of course that set her off she was bound and determined to find a shirt in the size that she needed with an old ticket on it.

At this point since it was after closing I began to do my closing routine. I was in the dressing room while the woman was totally tearing apart the table. The entire time she was mouthing off to me saying I was rude and that she was going to call the department of weights and measures on me and the store. I am fuming at this point so I walk across the store and tell the manager( who happened to be one of my best friends and hated to put up with BS from customers) that if the woman came up with a shirt we should just give her the sale price, mainly because we didn't want a complaint. At that point the women screams across the store "It's not nice to talk about your customers" Now unless she had some sort of super human hearing there was no way she could of heard what we were saying. The other associate who was getting really tired of her crap and frankly wanted to go home, raised her voice and said "we are not talking about you, we were talking about what we were going to do when we leave work, which we should have done 10 mins. ago!" The women quickly paid for her stuff and left, she didn't even buy one of the shirts!

I told my economics professor the quick version of the story and asked him if she could really call the dept. of weights and measures. He said she could but they would laugh at her because they don't deal with this kind of thing only gas, produce scales etc... He said that she could call the BBB, but they would probably laugh at her as well because basically what it amounted to was her bitching over a $1.50, and since we told her that she could get the sale price if she bought that one shirt that had the old price on it we weren't in the wrong.
          "The old saying "The customer is always right" is Bull S*it, but you should always treat the customer with respect."~ Professor of Management at UTA

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
            I'm pretty sure Weights and Measures takes gas pricing mistakes more seriously than being overcharged for a soda.
            plus i'm sure they wouldn't give a flying fuck ... since the store fixed the price right away and apologized for the mistake.

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
              If they're local and there's no outside rules about it, then the price adjustment happens and everyone should just be happy. It was resolved and that's it. No need to drag it out if there's nothing else that can be done.
              Ah, but see, Food Lady's customers come from the same shallow pool my own do.

When pricing mistakes mistakes happen, not only do they want the difference refunded, but they want a gift card and the name and number of some government agency to complain to, and by the Flying Spaghetti Monster they will have these things if they have to have the government agency's number tattooed on your ass and rip off all your skin to take home with them, and carry their gift card home in your skull.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Ah, but see, Food Lady's customers come from the same shallow pool my own do.

When pricing mistakes mistakes happen, not only do they want the difference refunded, but they want a gift card and the name and number of some government agency to complain to, and by the Flying Spaghetti Monster they will have these things if they have to have the government agency's number tattooed on your ass and rip off all your skin to take home with them, and carry their gift card home in your skull.
                That's a most lovely visual lol

Comment

I've said before that Irv has a way with words.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                  X