Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GraveKeeper... I am so sorry. (Also, HELP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As it turns out, I'm a quarter Newfie by blood.

It's also the only province I haven't visited.

I'll pencil in that time and see if I can get a couple of days off. And yes I can drink like a fish.

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
      Ya got to test the keg to know if it's okay first! I tells ya some people just don't know how to drink :P
      "Not knowing how to drink" is something I have not been accused of in over 20 years, thank you very much!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        "Not knowing how to drink" is something I have not been accused of in over 20 years, thank you very much!

Clearly you need to spend more time with me
        "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Comment

Two words, Marlowe: bring it.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Two words, Marlowe: bring it.
            Just watch me. I once drank not one but two of your compatriots under the table. I was crowned World Champion of Guinness Drinking and presented with a trophy made of a broken barstool and a Guinness hat with gold foil in the shape of a crown on. I guard my title jealously.
            "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Comment

You drank two whole Americans under the table? Wow. That's....not much, really. As a group, Americans are not world class drinkers. And I would expect the average Irish girl to be capable of such a thing.

Now, if those Americans were from New Orleans or Key West, or were alums of some major party school, like Florida, Michigan, Chico State, or the fantastic Arizona State, I might be more impressed.

Get back to me when you've out drank someone worthy of mentioning.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Oh I can see this adventure being hilarious :P

We recently had a new hotel open up by me (I live near what we call Da Mall) and there's another going up by the airport.

I'm currently a SAHM, but i'm doing my LLQP this month. Even then, I'm going to work only part-time til kiddo is in grade 1, so I know i'll be free.

Comment

When I worked in a call centre,it was not unheard of on Sat morning shift to step over a body that had been partying a little too hard the night before,or at least drag it into a corner where it could make groaning noises and occasionally add some unexpected nutrients to the potted plants...
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post

Sweet Mother of God

I shot off an email to check. It's true. The bride... and her huge family... are from NUNAVUT.
                    THAT was the laugh i needed. Thank you.... (also, Im sorry)

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      When I worked in a call centre,it was not unheard of on Sat morning shift to step over a body that had been partying a little too hard the night before,or at least drag it into a corner where it could make groaning noises and occasionally add some unexpected nutrients to the potted plants...

Sounds like the art college I went to

I can't remember if I've ever told the Story of American Election 2008 before, but....

Basically, being a college full of shiftless artists, we were all very much on the side of Obama in that election. Also being a college of shiftless artists, we also had nowhere else to really be then, so we organised a party where we all sat and watched the results come in for each state.

This is where I come in.

I felt this sounded rather dull. Being Irish, I know that alcohol is the solution to everything. Therefore, logically, alcohol could make this more fun. But how? Unless it actually fit in with what we were doing, it'd just be a bunch of drunks spending another night drinking. No, this was a momentous occasion! It needed to be MOMENTOUS!

What I did was invent the American Electoral Drinking Game.

I assigned/created drinks for each state - eg, JD for Tennessee, add a shot of wheatgrass to grain alcohol for Kansas, mix a bit of all the bottles for Louisiana, and so on - and we each picked a candidate. For every state won by your chosen candidate, you took a slug of whatever drink was assigned to that state. (There was of course the standard "shot every time commentator says x/does x" part too ) As so far this game could have no winners, the rule was added that the last person standing backing the winning candidate would have the first person out backing the losing candidate as their college servant until Inauguration.

It began. The whole night was spent watching the results come in, getting increasingly trashed, and finally dragging our drunken asses home (and/or just to the couch in the studio back lot) once the winner was declared.

(As an aside, I did very much enjoy having a servant for a few weeks. Lightweights.)

The next morning.... we had a seminar at 10am None of us wanted to go, but on the other hand we also didn't want to be That Sissy Who Couldn't Handle a Hangover. So, out of pride we all limped in. Luckily though, our tutors were all at the party too

Tutor: So... *wince* has everyone read the text?
                      Us: *groan*
                      Tutor: Did- *wince* Did you all think about it?
                      Us: *groan*
                      Tutor: Very good. *staggers to feet* you've worked very hard today, see you next week. *wobbles to bathroom*

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post
                        ... Being Irish, I know that alcohol is the solution to everything...
                        Too windy to plant, too wet to plough, might as well...

or as Patty Larkin rewrote it: Might as Well Dance!
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

...Since when is anything you can do in Ireland ever going to be cancelled because it's "too wet?" By the time you could actually do it everyone would have already forgotten how!

(There's a reason shit all grows here except for potatoes... )

Comment

Working...
                          X