This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want credit because of one channel

I had a ew this morning very irate because I could not fix the one PBS channel she was receiving. For some reason bi local university was having broadcast problems this morning and she thought I should give her a large credit because of their problem, or fix it myself.

Here's how I'd love to handle someone like that:

Certainly! I'll be happy to give you a credit. Let's see, under your current package, you get 100 channels, for which you pay $60 a month. That's 60 cents a month per channel, you had 1 channel out for one day.....
    There, it's all done, I have credited your account for 2 cents. Have a nice day!"
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
      Certainly! I'll be happy to give you a credit. Let's see, under your current package, you get 100 channels, for which you pay $60 a month. That's 60 cents a month per channel, you had 1 channel out for one day.....
      There, it's all done, I have credited your account for 2 cents. Have a nice day!"
      Sounds like a fair solution to me.
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

My wife actually used to work for a cable company customer service. Oh, the stories she would tell me...

1. Older people would call up and demand that a technician come to their house -- to change batteries in the remote. For Free.

2. Parents (they were near a college town) would call up and demand to know why Junior's cable was cut off.

3. People would call up because they dropped $50 on a Pay Per View boxing match (back when Mike Tyson was in his prime) and complain that they wanted their money back because:

A. They were out of the house when it started, and they missed it
        B. They were in the bathroom, and the fight was over before they got to see it
        C. The fight only lasted 5 minutes
        D. Some other lame reason

4. Older people (I guess because they are on fixed incomes) would call up and complain because their bill went up 1 cent and they wanted to know why.

There are more, but those are off the top of my head...
        Last edited by mjr; 11-08-2013, 10:03 AM.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          4. Older people (I guess because they are on fixed incomes) would call up and complain because their bill went up 1 cent and they wanted to know why.
          Our local sales tax just increased by 0.5%, and the number of people flipping their wigs about the extra few cents on their phone bill is ridiculous.

Of course, then I have the people who sign up for our $XX/month plan, and go batshit when they get their first bill and they've added around $4 in taxes. "You LIED to me! You said the plan was only $XX/month and they've charged me $XY!!!!!"
          Last edited by icmedia; 11-08-2013, 02:10 PM.
          "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
          -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
            Our local sales tax just increased by 0.5%, and the number of people flipping their wigs about the extra few cents on their phone bill is ridiculous.

Of course, then I have the people who sign up for our $XX/month plan, and go batshit when they get their first bill and they've added around $4 in taxes. "You LIED to me! You said the plan was only $XX/month and they've charged me $XY!!!!!"
            Ohhhh yes. When I worked an ice cream counter (please gods never again) people would flip their shit that we added sales tax to the prices posted on the boards. I mean, sure, an arm and a leg is a lot to pay for ice cream, but did you really think Uncle Sam wouldn't get his share too?
            "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
            Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
              Ohhhh yes. When I worked an ice cream counter (please gods never again) people would flip their shit that we added sales tax to the prices posted on the boards. I mean, sure, an arm and a leg is a lot to pay for ice cream, but did you really think Uncle Sam wouldn't get his share too?
              Always happens when people buy those 24-pack cases of canned soda...they'll always wonder why it's a few dollars more (they ALWAYS buy four or more packs per shopping trip), not realizing that it's an additional five cents per can that you get back if and when you recycle them.

Comment

Love this, I often did the same thing when I was at the BorgSphere Cell Phone center.

They would end up getting less than a two dollar credit.

Comment

Actually, with the current special we are running they get cable for $1.00 per day and that is for 147 channels. That is less then a penny per channel per day.

Comment

When I worked at Dish, this is exactly what I did. And it enraged them.

I enjoyed it.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                      Always happens when people buy those 24-pack cases of canned soda...they'll always wonder why it's a few dollars more (they ALWAYS buy four or more packs per shopping trip), not realizing that it's an additional five cents per can that you get back if and when you recycle them.
                      We get 10 cents here...

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                        We get 10 cents here...
                        That's cause we rock.

I've gotten a few cent credit before that I asked about but no one could tell me why I got it.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                          3. People would call up because they dropped $50 on a Pay Per View boxing match (back when Mike Tyson was in his prime) and complain that they wanted their money back because:

D. Some other lame reason
                          This actually happened recently to WWE. They had this big PPV match last month, wherein indie-star-made-good Daniel Bryan fought against the evil-corporate-backed Randy Orton for the WWE Championship. Bryan won the title, and the very next night on Raw, he was stripped of the title due to shenanigans.

People actually did call their PPV provider and asked for their money back because of it. And they got it. Really made WWE rethink some of their booking decisions.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            This actually happened recently to WWE. They had this big PPV match last month, wherein indie-star-made-good Daniel Bryan fought against the evil-corporate-backed Randy Orton for the WWE Championship. Bryan won the title, and the very next night on Raw, he was stripped of the title due to shenanigans.

People actually did call their PPV provider and asked for their money back because of it. And they got it. Really made WWE rethink some of their booking decisions.
                            I can sort of understand that, actually. The PPV fight would have been promoted as the underdog's chance to topple the big guy. Then to have the underdog get screwed over off-stage to reverse the result? basically means WWE were going "you suckers paid for an unimportant match!!! You fools!"- yeah I'd be asking for a refund too. It's misleading to promote a match, then reverse the result via shenanigans.

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
                              I can sort of understand that, actually. The PPV fight would have been promoted as the underdog's chance to topple the big guy. Then to have the underdog get screwed over off-stage to reverse the result? basically means WWE were going "you suckers paid for an unimportant match!!! You fools!"- yeah I'd be asking for a refund too. It's misleading to promote a match, then reverse the result via shenanigans.
                              This kind of thing-- reversing a result due to shenanigans-- used to be a lot more common back in WCW and other Southern promotions that featured legendary wrestler Dusty Rhodes as their centerpiece. Having one of his matches' results get overturned like that happened so often that it's called a "Dusty finish."

This is the first time that it's had a major impact on WWE, though.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X