X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That mysterious, non-existant backroom

This just happened:

Guest checks into room at 3:30am. 10 minutes later guests son, asks for extra blankets and pillows. I check, but I am all out.

Not 5 minutes later, the guest comes down, pretty much demanding I provide extra pillows and blankets. I, once again, inform her we are all out.

She can't seem to comprehend that hotels do not have an infinite supply of extras, and when we run out, we are out. She asks "Is there a manager I can talk to." I tell her there isn't one available at this time of night. She then asks for the corporate number (which I give).

Seriously, we are OUT at the desk. That means they have all been taken. Considering that we can start checking people in at 3PM, we have had more than 12 HOURS, at this point, to run out of supplies.

Sheesh,

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Well, my goodness, why don't you have magic elves in the basement making more??
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This is a hotel, not Hogwarts.

Comment

What did they think calling Corp was gonna accomplish?

Comment

A comp voucher if they complain loud enough.
          The beatings will continue until morale improves...

Comment

When I discover we've run out of pillows, I usually word it like "looks like we've lent all our pillows out." So far I haven't gotten any complaints.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Update:

I didn't mention it earlier, but I was suspicious almost immediately after she had left the desk area.

1) They were in a room with 2 Double beds (4 pillows, 2 blankets on beds).
              2) There were 2 adults and 1 child registered to the room.
              3) This is June.

So why did they need 2 extra pillows, and 2 extra BLANKETS?

So when my manager dealt with them this morning and found out that there were more people in the room than were registered (with the guest claiming that they had booked the room (online) for more people), I was not surprised.

She also complained at that time (around 8:30am) that the room smelled of smoke. No mention of this the night before.

She decided to take her business elsewhere.

ETA:

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Well, my goodness, why don't you have magic elves in the basement making more??
              The magic elves union doesn't permit them to work after 1700 hours.

SC
              "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Ah yes, the magic backroom. Kinda like the wardrobe that leads into Narnia, it's infinate.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                X