This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what are you watching?

The family and I have just gotten into seriously watching anime recently (we have seen a bit here and there...I love me some Sailor Moon and the BIL is a Pokemon and Cowboy Bebop fan) since we dropped our cable and get a Roku box with Netflix and Hulu. The amount of anime available to us is a bit overwhelming so I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations? We've gone through Bleach and Sword Art Online (amazing!) and are currently hooked on Attack on Titan (super excited for the movie!). What are you guys watching?
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

I recommend DBZ. It was the only anime (if you can call it that) that I REALLY got into.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

RWBY (as each episode comes out)
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

The fun thing about anime is that their are so many different genres. What do you like? There is something.

I am enjoying Titans this season. Also watching:
        Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S (check out the first season and also Toaru Majutsu no Index 1 & 2)
        Genshiken Nidaime (and check out the prequels)

Some of my past favorites:
        Hagane no Renkinjutsushi (both versions)
        Full Metal Panic
        Gin Roh
        PAT Labor series
        School Rumble series
        Monster
        Valkyria Chronicles
        Samurai 7

And if you have not found it yet, AniDB.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Um....*sorts through encyclopedia sized stack of anime suggestions* Um...I...

What KIND of anime are you looking for?! That will make it easier for me to suggest stuff. Like do you want Violent and adult, silly and childish, fan-service, Tongue-and-cheek, meta, Sci-fi, fantasy, slice of life, historical, school based, horror, mystery, totally random, animes with a serious universe, animes with a serious universe, mecha, harem, reverse harem?!

I have a LOT of suggestions, but I need a direction.

As for what i'm watching right now? nothing. My brother watches the full series each season and then sends me the ones he thinks I'd enjoy. I watch them all in huge chunks. It's more efficient that way ^_^
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post

Um....*sorts through encyclopedia sized stack of anime suggestions* Um...I...:cry
            Hehe...that's about where I'm at. I know there are TONS! As for what type, we seem to be enjoying um...action I guess? Where the main hero is a huge badass. But as a whole we like fantasy and sci-fi type movies. My favorite so far has been SAO.
            Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

If you have Netflix, absolutely watch Mushi-shi. It's beautiful, contemplative and quietly powerful.

We watched Attack on Titan 1-8 and plan to catch up eventually, but I was getting really tired of the characters sitting around for half an episode freaking out over whether to attack the titans and die or run and maybe live or maybe not and...I was like, "Die, or don't. Stop THINKING about it!" The story is really interesting though so I'll keep watching for now.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

At the moment I'm watching Cold Case reruns on Ion.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Here, this should keep you occupied for a while.

http://maihopawango.tumblr.com/post/56565265692

Comment

I'm a bit sappy when it comes to ainme....

Hence...

Sailor moon
                    Fruits basket
                    Angel Beats

Watch out for anyone cutting onions while watching the end of fruits basket and angel beats.....something might get in your eye.
                    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Utawareruromo (I think I got that right) was one of my favorites. It's a bit short, but it's not bad. It's about a man who wakes up with no memory and he wears a mask that he can't remove. It's pretty interesting.
                      Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

It also depends on if you want a good story arc over say 3 seasons say like Full Metal Alchemist or 15 seasons like Bleach or one season like Samari 7 OR the LOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG Yugio battles or just random stories of one or two episodes.

Me I like a good story arc where individual episodes can be missed but the overall story arc is not compromised.

Have you watched Inuyayha(sp)??
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                          action I guess? Where the main hero is a huge badass. But as a whole we like fantasy and sci-fi type movies. My favorite so far has been SAO.
                          -Stein's Gate!
                          -Fate Zero (NOT FATE STAY NIGHT, that one is not good. Though they might remake it)
                          -Claymore
                          -Guren Lagann
                          - Air Master
                          - BACCANO! (awesome action anime, more of an ensemble than one protagonist, but it's great)
                          -Black Lagoon
                          -Jormungand

Those are just a few that fit your criteria.

oh and the movie Summer Wars.
                          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Nothing to add to above, just a placemarker 'cause I'm too lazy to subscribe to the thread.

Oh - wait - I do have a question. Is there any way to get a full listing of the anime available on Netflix? I've searched on that, of course, and the results list is VERY incomplete, as evidenced by finding eps not in the list serendipitously.

Comment

if you have a ROKU box a crunchyroll accout would not be amiss.

Hunter x Hunter
                              Emma
                              The Devil is a Part-Timer
                              Bodacious Space Pirates
                              Slayers
                              One Piece
                              Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                              Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                              Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Working...
                              X