This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Stormraven View Post
    I've worked in the Mortgage industry myself. The one that always struck me as funniest was the actual lawyer who clearly hadn't read the contract (Note and Deed) before signing them.
    When I closed on my house a month ago during the closing mound of paperwork signing/initialing many pages I actually did read (or at best a slow skim) the paperwork I was signing.

The closing agent and my loan officer commented to me that I was the first person in like 2 years who even bothered looking at much less reading all that paperwork before signing.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      When I closed on my house a month ago during the closing mound of paperwork signing/initialing many pages I actually did read (or at best a slow skim) the paperwork I was signing.

The closing agent and my loan officer commented to me that I was the first person in like 2 years who even bothered looking at much less reading all that paperwork before signing.
      We did the same.

Of course, as both of us were in the Mortgage industry, even skimming the Note was sufficient to know what it was about.

We were more careful with those bits we hadn't seen hundreds of times before.
      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

This past year we were going to go to our usual vacation place. Unfortunately, the day after the cancellation deadline we both came down with the flu. So, I called the place and explained what had happened, and they let us cancel without charging us a fee. This particular place is usually always booked solid at the time we were booked to go there, so I'm sure they had no problem renting the room to someone else. I'm also sure that they preferred we keep our germs out of their hotel.

Comment

Eh, I'd say it's about 1 in 5 who scan their home loan docs, 1 in 20 who read them, and 1 in a hundred who take the time to really question more than the basics. I like that 1 in 100. Gives me a chance to go over the parts that we just never bring up on our own due to eyes-glazing-over-syndrome when you try to explain everything.

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post
            Eh, I'd say it's about 1 in 5 who scan their home loan docs, 1 in 20 who read them, and 1 in a hundred who take the time to really question more than the basics. I like that 1 in 100. Gives me a chance to go over the parts that we just never bring up on our own due to eyes-glazing-over-syndrome when you try to explain everything.
            You'd have loved Turtleguy when we bought our house. While I also read the documents, he read them and asked questions. He's one of these who won't sign anything without reading it first, and I've picked up the habit from him.

Comment

People apologize to me about having questions sometimes. I'm always like Please ask questions. This is a loan on your house. A variable rate loan, more often than not, since most people want the line of credit. The last thing you should do is to sign without knowing exactly what it is you are getting into.

Comment

Working...
              X