Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought baggers had to achieve a certain score level in Tetris before they were allowed to bag groceries.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      I always thought baggers had to achieve a certain score level in Tetris before they were allowed to bag groceries.
      it does help. be glad your not in Australia the cashier scans and bags here.

Comment

Quoth Sulhythal View Post
        Wow, they taught that? When I worked there, I had no lessons on how to bag, I had to pick it up via this seldom used method of "Common sense and logical thinking"

Two things that the management (TL's and ETL's) of the Bullseye never seemed to possess
        I think it depends on the store and management and the trainer. Some just didn't think it was important so didn't do it.
        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

I have weak wrists, and sometimes one bag weighs like 20 lbs, and the other is feather-light. I've previously posted about how I like the bags to weigh about the same as each other. I've also asked here about how to ask a bagger to do this. I don't even try anymore, I just walk away from the check out and rebag. My shopping trips (for a one person household) generally end up filling two reusable bags. I just put the heavy stuff in the bottom of each bag, then the squishy stuff on top.

So, while I understand where the SC is coming from, I would never demand someone rebag my stuff. It's a really minor issue that's easily fixed. And recently I actually haven't even had to rebag, because the baggers have been doing pretty well. There's no call to hold up the line for everyone when it takes less than a minute to fix it myself. Also, if you don't want an item, maybe pay attention and tell the non-psychic cashier?
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I had a couple start unloading a cart and ask me to wait before I starting ringing it up. I'm not psychic or anything, but I could see a pattern developing.

So I asked, you want all the cold stuff together, to help it stay cold, and all the canned goods together, to go into the pantry? Yes, that was what they wanted. No problem. I remember what it was like to buy groceries on the way home from a long commute.

We were trained how to bag, too, if you count five or ten questions on the computer based learning system as training.

Comment

When I worked on checkout, we were trained how to pack customer shopping if the customer asked for a packer. Some people were stupidly particular; others were just stupid. Like the guy who insisted that six bottles of wine could go in a single carrier. He didn't want to wait five minutes for a cardboard wine carrier, he was in a hurry. So I just let him go. It wasn't long before I heard the smashing sound of six wine bottles falling thru the bottom of a carrier bag...
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
              X