This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Either accept the answer, or don't.

The country of origin for most of our products has very strict regulations for farming commercially; all of what we carry can be considered 'organic'.

The 'organic' designation itself very expensive to get, and a lot of producers--with the exception of an American celebrity-chef brand and one Italian label that is actually a large group of producers with many different products--can't afford that stamp/piece of paper (in the home country they don't need it).

A woman is looking for organic tomato sauce. I mention the specifically-organic brand (which is apparently not acceptable because she's never heard of it ...newsflash, most customers have never heard of 99.9% of our products but try them anyway), and point out that Italy has strict growing/processing standards, as a company we don't sell products with artificial anything/pesticide use/GMOs, etc. So any one of our fine sauces meets the accepted standards for 'organic'.

SC: "That doesn't have anything to do with my question. They're two completely different things."...she huffs off, with a final "You should know your products! I'll just find someone else!"

...who will tell you the exact same thing I just did. If you're so suspicious why not just grab the 'known' organic brand I mentioned first?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Most people who insist on organic don't even know what it means. I bet she didn't.

Comment

Wow what a twit. Gotta love people who get huffy when it turns out that things aren't the way they thought they are.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Shyla, you're probably right. A lot of the people in this neighborhood are all about the latest health-trend buzzwords.

While this is a slightly different SC reality than what I was used to, I have to say they're more entertaining...they do say that money don't buy sense, afterall.

Comment

Start mixing in tech terms. Ma'am not only is this tomato sauce organic but it's HDR compliant and supports IPS.
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
            Start mixing in tech terms. Ma'am not only is this tomato sauce organic but it's HDR compliant and supports IPS.

OMG ... if I weren't quite ready to leave retail just yet, I'd try that out on the next twit who gets all huffy when asking me for "organic" tea ... especially since I've gotten a series of mixed messages as to whether we carry it or not.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

And the next store SC goes to they'll ask for "IEEE certified and RFC-compliant tomato sauce". If I could somehow get everyone I work with that day to play along/escalate the joke that'd be epic.

*now needs to come up with food-related definitions for tech acronyms just because that's how my mind works*

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                And the next store SC goes to they'll ask for "IEEE certified and RFC-compliant tomato sauce". If I could somehow get everyone I work with that day to play along/escalate the joke that'd be epic.

*now needs to come up with food-related definitions for tech acronyms just because that's how my mind works*
                Challenge accepted.

IEEE: Infused Enervated Evergreen Essence

RFC: Radish Free Compound

HDR: Honey Derived Riboflavins

IPS: Idaho Potato Standard
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I like IPS the best. Snicker...

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Challenge accepted.

IEEE: Infused Enervated Evergreen Essence

RFC: Radish Free Compound

HDR: Honey Derived Riboflavins

IPS: Idaho Potato Standard

Now if I could just memorize those ... and IF somebody came into the store whom I actually know and who could take a joke ...
                    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I love you all.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        Shyla, you're probably right. A lot of the people in this neighborhood are all about the latest health-trend buzzwords.
                        Yes, ma'am, I'm sure this tomato sauce is gluten free.
                        Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                        At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

How can you say that when the label is CLEARLY PAPER!??!?!?
                          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I had someone call me at my desk asking if a product we don't make or sell was gluten-free. I don't know how she worked her way past the receptionist and why receptionist forwarded the call to me. Had I not been expecting a call from that area code, I wouldn't have answered and just let it go to VM.

Comment

My husband's mother has latched onto the "gluten free" idea, but she has absolutely no concept of what gluten actually is. She's told me that she buys steak that's gluten free! Or it's milk or juice that's gluten free. I've tried explaining it, but to no avail yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X