This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Even Shopping Trip

Yesterday, on the way out to visit relatives for Christmas Eve dinner, we did a quick stop into the store to pick up a few last-minute items.

We grabbed a necessity for me, a bottle of Sparkling Apple Cider for the party, and a gift of steak for the grumpy old man. We got lucky: The guy ahead of us at the meat department left 1 after he'd gone through.

So, we get to the checkout and pick an express lane.

The lane we aren't in is stopped. Four people check out in our lane before it starts moving again. I don't know what the white-hair at the front was up to, but it certainly slowed everything down on that side.

And then our lane is stopped. Whoever is at the head of our lane is one of those fools that needs a calculator while shopping because I can see her handing things back to the cashier, one item at a time. >_<

Finally, the twit has given back enough items to get to a point where she can afford what she's got (she only started with 15... why the hell did it take that long?), and we get moving again.

On a brighter note, the 20-something ahead of us gets bonus points for having his ID out and ready before it's even his turn to pay for the case of beer he was grabbing. Good job, guy.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

indeed. i know it's embarrassing to not be able to afford everything you pick out but.. yes it's less embarrassing to figure this out before reaching the checkout

Comment

Working...
    X