Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too, think she should be told "Pay up front or hit the road." She knows what she's doing - cut her off before she even says a word.

and this is my fav "dis gon b good' gif.

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

The local bargain sheet lets you run a simple 30 word text-only ad for free. However, they do caution you ahead of time that they will run EXACTLY what you send them and will not spell check or correct it, so if you give them the wrong info, too bad.

I understand they don't want to invest time in fixing something that's not making them any money to start with, but, it doesn't reflect well on anyone when an ad for a "used Catalack" runs for a week straight.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        T... ad for a "used Catalack"...
        Obviously a neutered kitty that's been ridden hard by the mousy-boys and put up wet. Yee Haw!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Bit of an update --

TT showed up at the office recently, wanting to run a classified ad and *gasp* actually pay for it (dirt cheap, $2 base, $4-6 if it's really long, a little more if they want it in a box and highlighted). She turned in niice looooong ad and was furious that we wanted to charge her the extra 2 to 4 bucks for it. She apparently even raised her hand to our ad lady, then "went out to her car to get something" >_> And returned, empty-handed.

I think the only reason why she wasn't tossed on the spot is that AwesomeAdLady is in her 60's and isn't physically capable of doing it, and nobody who could have helped was around. She sounded like she was scared at the time, but quickly laughed it off.

Om the upside, the brass were informed of it, and the rest of us have agreed that the next time she so much as sets foot on the property, she gets sent straight to the ed that wants her out really badly, or else just not allowed in. Hopefully, her timing will be more fortuitous in the future.
          Last edited by EricKei; 05-09-2013, 02:39 AM.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            She apparently even raised her hand to our ad lady,
            Oh HELL no! She needs the police called on her if she does that again! This has gone beyond.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

She needs to be outright banned, period.
              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Trying to.

Note that TT didn't actually DO anything, nor make a verbal threat, but it seems that she was considering it x.x

It's just that her timing is (for her) really good. She showed up again, asking for me while I was out doing something else (like help her edit something or attach a file to an email, unsure) -- AdLady was the only person here, so TT went and waited outside for like 15 minutes before she flounced off and left.

The office is definitely in agreement, however, that she is no longer welcome here, and that the eds will give her the boot if they're actually here when she is (Brother/owner, head ed, and main layout dude double as reporters...as I said, it's a small paper)

edit as of Monday: PROGRESS! Details anon.

...by which i mean in the morning, once I'm awake.
                Last edited by EricKei; 05-14-2013, 11:56 AM.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Some new info came to light the other day -- Remember how I mentioned that she had had our graphics designer (not AwesomeAdLady) going for half an hour designing something for her...It seems that TT accused HER of deceiving TT, for the horrendous crime of expecting payment for her time and work. Making sure that the eds knew about this added to their resolve, resulting in...

Yaaay update --

TT came in yesterday, this time while the Managing Editor was present, and once again tried to get AwesomeAdLady (who is also effectively the office manager and the primary CSR)to basically set aside her work to send some files via email for her. From our experience, when TT asks you to take two minutes to do that, it ends up taking fifteen >_> ...partially because she seems to also want the person she's roped into it to help edit her graphics, write stuff up for her (that she will be paying someone ELSE to print/publish, not us), etc.

Well, after our discussions with the M.E about this and her lovely behavior towards AAL last week...he saw her walk in, heard her request, and immediately walked up to have a little chat with her. I didn't catch all of it, but it was clear from what AAL said (who was right there next to them) that M.E. has made it abundantly clear that a> Trailmix Tina is banned for life, and b> If she darkens our door ever again, the cops will be involved. And we have a fair number of friends on the police force ^_^ He also intimated that he was close to just calling the cops this time, just to drive the point home.

Thus, hopefully *crosses fingers*, ends the saga of TrailMix Tina. As the Chinese proverb goes, dear lady, may you have an interesting life.

*drops the mic*

(PS sorry about the double post, but it has been almost a week >_>)
                  Last edited by EricKei; 05-14-2013, 11:58 AM. Reason: a postscript and a prescript

Comment

Working...
                  X