This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jetfire View Post
    It was a load bearing tire nut, hence why the car is unsafe after it breaks.
    Uh, are we talking about the nut that holds the spare to the trunk floor...or the nut behind the wheel? Either can make a car unsafe

Back on topic, the crappy HP printer at work spews out pages alternating between a few lines of gibberish and blank paper when the toner gets changed. I have no idea why it sometimes does that. Probably because my coworkers are idiots, and can't see that I have the thing apart when they attempt to print
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
      Readable code or jibberish? Sounds like somewhere it got confused about what it was printing and printed the picture as text or something (ie printed printable characters for the bytes that make up the picture).
      Gibberish. And there were gaps in some places.

Quoth suburbandecay View Post
      You'll see this error when you use the wrong print driver to send to the printer. In my case, I used a postscript driver to print to a copier that couldn't handle postscript.
      That would be it.

It's the main reason why I can't print stuff up at my boyfriend's place even though I'm on my boyfriend's network and everything else is set up for me to instantly connect.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        AARGH! If you look at the stuff that comes out after fixing the printer, you'll probably find half a dozen copies of the same thing, because if something doesn't print, you try again rather than checking to see if something's wrong with the printer.
        I used to yell at my coworkers all the damn time about that. If it doesn't print the first time, hitting "Print" over and over is not going to make it work. Find someone who isn't a moron to figure out why it didn't print that one time. If you make me have to go in and cancel a shitload of print jobs because you're an idiot, you will be bitched out by me.

Comment

Working...
        X