This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Tria View Post
    OH! You mean the circular needle? You just need to avoid pulling. Patience is key.... That and a complete ability to ignore -everything- outside your "bubble". Yes, the bag you pull your yarn from is part of that.
    But if I use the other kind, I don't have to worry about this "patience" you speak of.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
      Ok, you can't post that and then not provide pattern info!
      Honey, I tat, not knit or crochet. I got most of my patterns out of this lovely, lovely (I got it for my birthday, does it show?) book of just snowflakes. No doilies. No edgings. Just snowflakes.

I get bored if I tat the same thing more than three times in a row, so I'm about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through the book. Until I mailed them, I had my own private blizzard.

Here's a picture of one that I made. Will that console you?
      I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
        A source of yarn and other stuff, and a guaranteed lower bank account!

That's dangerous. The closest I work to any particular craft store is 20 minutes (although there is one with a smaller variety on my way home) and that is bad enough.
        Oh yeah...what can be dangerous for me is my MIL works as a FES for a craft store and it's minutes from where we live ! Damn, all this talk about yarn makes me want to crochet a boatload of stuff now. I've crocheted some baby caps for some friends of mine that had babies: my friend E had a boy (her first) and another friend A had a girl (her third child...she has 2 boys). The cheapest and best yarn IMHO is Caron Simply Soft, it's sold for a good price, and it doesn't have that weird plastic-like feel to it like Red Heart yarn does.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
          So I was also out bank fees; as yes, my bank charged me for depositing a check that was stopped.
          That's the point you make a complaint to your local attorney general. And, if the item was shipped, make one through your local post office, too, because no matter how it was shipped, if it was shipped and payment not properly made (such as stop payment), then it's postal fraud.

Quoth Tria View Post
          I gave up on doing gifts after my mother told me that "homade stuff was cute when you were five. Try to do better next year".
          Whoa. What a bitch. That's when you find the cheapest, tackiest, most gawd-awful piece of crap you can at your local swap meet/flea market and give that instead.

Quoth Tria View Post
          I just made a bunch of hats that Christmas since I was short on cash and had yarn to spare. Seriously though, am I out of line for being pissed at her for that (among other things).
          You are not even remotely out of line. She is the one that's out of line.

On the whole crafts thing, if you do custom orders, absolutely get a deposit. Make sure that it actually pays for all of the supplies you will need. How much beyond that is up to you. Although, for added incentive for up front payment, you can make completion based on percentage of the balance remaining. The lower the percentage, the sooner it will be completed.

This thread reminds me that I need to ask my mom what happened to the afghan she was crocheting for me. It's supposed to be all in sea foam and moss greens. I can't wait to see the finished product.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X