This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns guns guns guns!

So, does a spring thaw also mean that the ice has melted off of the lock on your gun cabinet? Because suddenly, everyone we’ve been towing has been armed.

Case 1 – A Saturn SL is left in the local Big Box Retailer’s parking lot overnight. Local Big Box Retailer does not allow this, so after they close we go up to tow out the straggler. And there, lying in plain view on the passengers seat was a .45 caliber semiautomatic pistol. Stuffed in between the front seats was the visible handle to a smaller .38 caliber revolver. In the backseat, several half-opened cartons of ammunition. Wow, way to go there Yosemite Sam. You’re lucky I’m a law-abiding citizen, because at midnight, in the deserted lot of a shopping center, with no one else around, and any camera watching being way too far away to get a good look at me, all it would have taken was a rock or a good kick with a boot and I’d have been able to stroll off with 2 free guns and plenty of ammo. Maybe you thought your mannish display of compensation would impress passerby. Maybe you were trying a new attempt at theft deterrence, but dude, it’s a Saturn, that’s all the theft deterrence you need. Anyway, I’m only sorry I wasn’t there to see the look on your face when you returned to find your car AND your guns had both disappeared. I hope the resulting near-cardiac arrest didn’t take too much time off your life, and maybe you’ll learn to at least PRETEND you care about the cardinal rules of gun safety/storage/transport in the future.

Case 2 – Tow out a Chevy Silverado for illegally parking in someone else’s space. Guy comes in to pick it up.

-Why’d you tow me! I was just at the restaurant next door!
    -That lot doesn’t belong to them, it belongs to the apartment building on the corner. The person who pays for that spot came home, and had nowhere to park.
    -Well, I’m from out of town, I didn’t know I couldn’t park there, I thought that was public parking.
    -The lot is signed as private Sir, per Borough ordinance
    -Well, I’m with the police department
    *Gives me a PD identity card. Not from this town, but legit*
    -Okay, and will you be paying cash or credit?
    -You can’t cut me a break?
    -No sir, it’s $105, cash or credit
    -What if I don’t have $105?
    -Then the truck stays here
    -Well, my service weapon is in that truck, I need it back.
    -Well, you can go and get it out, but without $105 that truck stays put.
    -I don’t think you understand, my GUN is in that truck!
    -If you need it back, just fill out this property removal form, and you can take anything you want out of or off that vehicle except the license plate.
    -This is a freakin’ racket! It’s extortion!
    -Sir, the prices are set by local ordinance, it’s the LAW. (emphasis was mine, see what I did there? Har!)
    -Freaking rip off! *slams credit card down*

Yup, fines for breakin’ the law are nothing but a rip off, it’s kinda like speeding tickets, huh Officer? No, I didn’t say that, but man I sure THOUGHT about it.

Case 3 – I come in to work and find Yup unloading a Chevy Trailblazer. (One of the morning guys, I call him “Yup” because that’s pretty much all he ever says, “A’yup” unless he’s saying “Nope”)

Me – Impound?
    Yup – A’yup
    Me – What apartment?
    Yup – PD Impound
    Me – DUI?
    Yup – Nope
    Me – No license?
    Yup – Nope
    Me – Registration expired?
    Yup – Nope
    Me – What’d he do then?
    Yup – Pulled a gun on someone who cut him off in traffic, cops threw him in jail.
    Me – Well, that’s one way to get impounded
    Yup – A’yup
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    -This is a freakin’ racket! It’s extortion!
    -Sir, the prices are set by local ordinance, it’s the LAW. (emphasis was mine, see what I did there? Har!)
    -Freaking rip off! *slams credit card down*

Yup, fines for breakin’ the law are nothing but a rip off, it’s kinda like speeding tickets, huh Officer? No, I didn’t say that, but man I sure THOUGHT about it.
    Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 01-24-2011, 07:34 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I love your stories, they are so entertaining!

keep the coming!
      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Another thing (concerning the first story): whenever I'm transporting my guns, I keep them in the trunk of my car, out of sight. It's just common sense. Besides, I would be totally distraught if my grandfather's .38 special got stolen, because I was stupid, and kept it in plain sight.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
          Another thing (concerning the first story): whenever I'm transporting my guns, I keep them in the trunk of my car, out of sight.
          careful. depending on where you are, you might get pegged with a concealed weapons charge.
          whenever we're transporting guns, The Boy and i always make sure they're taken apart and in locked cases in the back seat. ammo in another locked case.

but as for why people are carrying guns around more, look at the economy. the worse things get, the more paranoid people will tend to be. they'll want to protect themselves.
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

Ok. Im going for my concealed carry license (CCL) this weekend, even before taking the class common sense would tell you don't leave your gun in plain sight if your not there, that is just a bad idea as you pointed out. I know in Ohio we used to have it in the law that when driving with a loaded gun you had to have it in plain sight, even with CCL, they changed it because some people made cops nervous trying to expose their weapon before the walked up to car during traffic stop. At any rate, if your leaving your gun behind, trunk is by far best place to store it, most states it sound like they prefer that method anyways.

Even when I buy bullets when I can find them at walmart, I hide the bag because well I don't want someone stealing them with the shortages. The guy with two guns and ammo, is just an idiot and very irresponsible, just like people who leave Ipods exposed and wonder why they get stolen.

For the cop, I know of many departments where the officer not being in possession of his gun would get them in a lot of trouble, but as you mentioned all you need to do is fill out a form. I can't blame him for asking for discount, but hey once you established it was law he really should have just gave up.
            I really think you should have pointed out the speeding ticket thing just to get his response.

Right now big city next by me is thinking of laying off 125-175 of around 650 police officers when they are already close to being understaffed at those numbers. Along with multiple armed robberies lately. So if your anywhere close, expect more people. I just hope they responsible.
            I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Case 3 – I come in to work and find Yup unloading a Chevy Trailblazer. (One of the morning guys, I call him “Yup” because that’s pretty much all he ever says, “A’yup” unless he’s saying “Nope”)
              Is he from Maine or Massachusetts?
              Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
              careful. depending on where you are, you might get pegged with a concealed weapons charge.
              If they want to be picky, a gun in the holster is a concealed weapon.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh, I would have said it But, then again, I live in a borough where the cops will bust you for being 2 miles over the speed limit, and have nothing better to do.
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                X