This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did *not* see that comming...

so tuesday is my last day at work () cuz i'm transferring to arizona (). i told on of my favorite customers (he's usually one of my first customers when we open at 5:30. always gets a grande mocha frap, no whip, 3 pumps and drizzle). he's also moving, but just to a different house. convo went something like this...

me:
    mfg: mocha frap guy

he arrives at around 8
    me: thank you for *looks at camera* oooheeeey! you're late!
    mfg: yeah i had the day off to move
    me: gross. gettin' your usual?
    mfg: yup.
    me: cool, see ya up here
    *mfg drives up to window*
    me: so...if you're moving today, i probably won't be seeing you again
    mfg: oh don't worry...i'll be around
    me: well, i'm moving to arizona next week
    *mfg gets a shocked look on his face*
    mfg: oh...*drops $15 into the tip box*
    me: really?!
    mfg: *has sad look on his face* yeah. you guys take care of me. i take care of you. you have safe trip, okay?
    me: yeah thanks...bye...!
    *mfg gets drink, waves goodbye, and drives off*
    me: *starts crying* aaaah! i'm gonna miss my regulars sooooo muuuuuch!!!

...yeeeeeaaaah...did not see that coming. ugh. i'm getting all verklempt just thinking about it
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

That's how you know you've done a good job. You were appreciated by your customers.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Good regulars are the greatest! I even like some fussier ones many people would consider sucky for having very specific, unusual orders, because hey, once you know that's what they want, it's simple enough.

I remember one who, like yours moved away. He was in the store very nearly every day, and sometimes twice. Usually one of the first people in the door at opening, and on the rare times he didn't come in for breakfast he was sure to turn up in the afternoon. He came by once after moving to, I think, Florida and as far as I know hasn't been back since. But what sticks in my mind is that one afternoon another customer (one I don't think I've ever seen before or since) complained that he was "looking at my kids," strongly implying that something sinister was going on. Her kids were in the playground; he was, indeed, sitting in a booth facing that way... of course, he was on the opposite end of the lobby from the playground, and as *all* the seating there is turned that way, there was a half-and-half chance he'd be looking towards the playground unless he stared at the table or something.

There was another one, or rather two... an old couple who came in every afternoon for about the first five years I worked for McDonald's. She'd go take their regular table and he'd come up and order two grilled cheese sandwiches (not on the menu, but we all knew how to make them and what to ring up), small fry no salt, senior Diet Coke, water, and two packets of mustard. When they changed to the vertical toasters we couldn't make grilled cheese sandwiches anymore (just try it!) so they switched to McChickens, and only came in a couple times a week. I believe they've both since passed away.

Another one, who had apparently been coming in every day for *20 years,* had nearly every Happy Meal toy ever, always included a caramel sundae in his eat-in order, but didn't want it made until he was ready to leave. I was working at a different store by the time they stopped carrying caramel, but I hear there were earfuls to be had from him over it, mostly directed at corporate.
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post

...yeeeeeaaaah...did not see that coming. ugh. i'm getting all verklempt just thinking about it
        Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic. Duran Duran is neither a Duran nor a Duran. Discuss.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Oh that's sweet. I bet it makes all the crappy customers worth it.

We had regulars when I worked at Arby's many many moons ago. No good stories from them though, lol.

Comment

Geez! Another fairy coming to AZ!

Have a safe trip. Wanna go see Joan Jett at the AZ Pride fest next month?
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              Geez! Another fairy coming to AZ!

Have a safe trip. Wanna go see Joan Jett at the AZ Pride fest next month?
              O_O

...yes. omg yes. when? where? how much?

^_^

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
                O_O

...yes. omg yes. when? where? how much?
                AZPride weekend is April 17 and 18 in Phoenix. Here's the web site for info and tickets:

http://www.azpride.org/

I've been to pride fests in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, New York and Las Vegas but I actually like the AZ one best because it's in a park instead of closed-off street.
                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

if i have the money/time/boss who'll give me the weekend off...i'm so all over that!

^_^

Comment

Working...
                  X