This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Them Chrysler workers sure know how to take a "lunch break"

Head off to the liquor store, pound back some fine malt liquor, smoke some good bud, and head back to the assembly line.

Now, you could really jump all over me for saying something as slanderous as this. BUT.....this is different because it's on tape......courtesy of Fox 2 in Detroit!!!!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ed_20100923_dk

what does everyone else do on their lunch breaks?????/ this isnt normal??? WTH ive been living a lie.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
      what does everyone else do on their lunch breaks?????/ this isnt normal??? WTH ive been living a lie.
      Yeah but doing it right out in public????

In a freakin' park right out in the open????

Stoooooooooooopiiiiiiiiiiid!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow...just wow.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
          Yeah but doing it right out in public????

In a freakin' park right out in the open????
          why is there a bench right out there then!
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I love the comments (obviously by people who know those involved or are even those involved under a pseudonym) saying it should have been handled "in private." Yeah - so it could be swept under the rug like everything else these unions do, and those guys would be right back at work without so much as a slap on the hand? I'm glad this has been brought out into the open after all they were at a PUBLIC PARK!!!
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Well it's now been reported that those suspended workers will be fired. Interesting that even the union's turning their back on them.

But yeah, this kind of activity is nothing new. My best friend's dad retired from the Toledo Jeep plant and he said that goes on there too.

Comment

Geeze, that sounds like Kinko's before FedEx took over.

And the zoo I worked at off and on a bit.

I would say it sounded like WOLO, but the drinking, getting stoned, and BLATANT SCREWING that was going on at that place was not going on during any sort of break.

Comment

I worked (briefly) with a guy who would go out on his break and bake in his car. He reeked when he came back in. I wanted to tell him he was smoking some good shit if he really thought no one could smell it on him when he came back in. Can't imagine why they let him go..
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Now I'm curious as to how many accidents this has caused and defects in vehicles fro that plant.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                      Now I'm curious as to how many accidents this has caused and defects in vehicles fro that plant.
                      Good point. Chrysler has had a notorious reputation for putting out junk cars for several decades. I'll admit they've been getting better. Their minivans have been pretty good. But that dark cloud has been over their heads for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                      X