Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aunty Em! Aunty Em! It's a Twister! It's a Twister!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Princess-Snake View Post
    Are You A Good Witch Or A Bad Witch
    A close variation of what this woman said to me. She saw me, walked up to me and asked, "Are you a good employee, or a bad employee?"
    "Depends, are you a good customer or a bad customer?"
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

So, last night the weather got really rough. The electricity went out. The lights are out, the registers and computers are out, the electric doors are out, employees are about to snap.
      Is there any way you or one of your coworkers can suggest to management that the store get a back up generator in case of power failure? That way, the registers will still work and customers can get rung up.

The electricity has gone out a couple times when I was working. The registers still worked but not the belts, calculator machines, or money weighing machines.
      My Fanfic Page
      My Fiction Page
      My Social Group
      My Pet Social Group
      My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth Bradester View Post
        Yeesh. I see this too. How is it that people living in Tornado Alley (and many of whom have been living there all their lives) year after year, without fail, react to severe weather as if they've never experienced it before?
        Wow, Bradester! I actually lived in Lincoln, small world!

But Lincoln isn't reeeaaally Tornado Alley, since Lincolnites don't even blink at a Tornado Watch let alone a Warning. Now if ya lived in Grand Island.... scary.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Just like in New England before a major snow storm, people suddenly need shovels. Like you don't already own a shovel after living here for many years. Now I can see new homeowners, and a few replacements shovels when they break or are lost, etc.

Last summer a bad storm hit, it even blew some letters off our sign. We lost power. We have a generator that powers ESSENTIAL items like phones, alarms, PA, some lights, a few registers and some outlets spread across the store and the main freezer/cooler (only enough to maintain the correct temp. not enough to be constantly opening the door). Despite a thunder storm, it didn't cool down the air much, it just made it more humid. One lady walks in sees the dark store with only the scattered emergency/security lights (just some of the regular lights that happen to be on the gen.) and it is warm.

SC sees me
          SC: I though you guys cared about custoemr service, this is awful
          ME: I don't understand (this after she had to drive thru at least 1 non working traffic light)
          SC: It's pitch black in here.
          ME: Well we lost power due to the storm so we only have the emergency lights on.
          SC: Why don't you have all you lights on?
          ME: Because we lost power. The generator only powers essential items.
          SC: Lights are essential to MY SAFETY!
          ME: That is why we have emergency lights (points to the the fact that several rows are on and the emergency light level is bright enough to see the products also, the lights are not on battery so as long as we have natural gas the generator will run to keep the store lit)
          SC: Oh. But it is hot in here.
          ME: As I said before due to the power failure we only have essential items on the generator, A/C is not essential.
          SC: It is! For MY SAFETY! This is not customer service! *stomps out*

Bye.
          Last edited by mattm04; 06-06-2008, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            ME: As I said before due to the power failure we only have essential items on the generator, A/C is not essential.
            SC: It is! For MY SAFETY! This is not customer service! *stomps out*
            How the FRICK is A/C essential to anyone's safety?? It's a LUXURY, not a NECESSITY. Geeze.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

If I Only Had A Brain
              One guy comes into my line. I can't remember what the exact items cost, so I'll estimate. One item was $5. Another was $7. And the last one was $10. So together they all cost $22 plus tax. I tell him his total. He tells me I'm wrong and that they should actually cost $10 plus tax. He proceeded to count off the totals of each item on his fingers and through some complicated math of his own invention that I'm not even going to bother posting here came up with $10. I had a pocket calculator with me and asked him to add up all the totals. It came up to $22. He did it three times before he accepted the answer.
              Reminds me of this comic.
              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                LOL That's funny.

Oh no... Wait..... Damn, Damn, Damn...

I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER COMIC TO READ!

*grumbles*

Eric the Grey
                In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Dear Gods that is sooooo messed up.

Love it!
                  *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
                  *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
                    Oh no... Wait..... Damn, Damn, Damn...

*grumbles*

Eric the Grey
                    dont worry suicide for hire isnt that good, jsut has a few random good one

Comment

What is it with people? "I've been inconvenienced, I demand compensation, gimme, GIMME!"
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                        dont worry suicide for hire isnt that good, jsut has a few random good one
                        And the updates are getting sporadic. I mostly just have it on my List because, once you get past 50 comics, 1 more isn't a big deal.
                        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
                          Is there any way you or one of your coworkers can suggest to management that the store get a back up generator in case of power failure? That way, the registers will still work and customers can get rung up.

He says that he's getting one after this storm. Of course, he said that the storm before that and the storm before that. He may be a good manager, but he's also a good procrasinator too.
                          "But I don't want to be among mad people."
                          You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

In the five years that I worked in retail hell, the one thing that I was fortunate enough to never have to work through was a power failure. I was told that if it happened, the store closes, but we still have to take care of whoever is still in the store.
                            "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                            ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                              Wow, Bradester! I actually lived in Lincoln, small world!

But Lincoln isn't reeeaaally Tornado Alley, since Lincolnites don't even blink at a Tornado Watch let alone a Warning. Now if ya lived in Grand Island.... scary.
                              True, true. I still go downstairs though, just to be on the safe side. It seems in the past few years that the storms have really been drawn to the Beatrice/Hallam/Cortland area.
                              Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
                                Sorry about that. I'm currently up to 54 webcomics, some of which don't update regularly and I can't remember the schedule of most of those that do. So I tend to check them all out every day, just in case there is an extra unscheduled update.

Also Sliceanddice is right : Suicide for Hire is fairly uneven in both quality and update frequency. I like its dark humor, and its cynical and global not politically correct attitude.

I'd propose to share links, but it looks like you already have more than you could want.

Sorry for the off-topic.
                                "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                                X