Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Flanders Pigeon Murderer

Quote:
Quoth tamezin View Post
Safety tips --- I ain't following no stinkin safety tips :0. If I ran and hid everytime thunder busted this spring, I would never see the outside of my basement.
No kidding, we've had more tornado warnings this spring than I've seen in my entire life. I quickly grew tired of sitting in the basement last night and went upstairs to fix myself some miso soup while the sirens blared for 15 minutes at a time.

Quote:
Besides, I am doing a paper route with my daughter, and Heaven forbid we wait until the storm is over before the papers go out. I drove through driving wind.....thunder so loud my car shook....and walked through the torrential rains. (I only hydroplaned(sp) my car once)
And by god, if there is so much as one drop of water on my paper, I'll cancel my subscription!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Who knows WHAT I do!

Quote:
Quoth AmericanZero8503 View Post
Its weather people, just because the weatherman makes it sound like you are going to die, doesn't mean its really going to happen.
Local news is most affiliates' bread and butter. And surprise surprise, guess what portion of the news determines which local station people watch? Spot On! I don't remember the exact percentage but it was something crazy like 60 or 80. Which is why you "see" coverage of the city council by way of a twenty second cell phone report from the most junior intern, but the weather segment is the second lead (after whatever is bloodiest, of course) teaser AND comes just before the final wraps (or at least half way through the broadcast to decrease switching) AND features OMFGBBQZX!!11!! Level 9000 Doppler Radar PlusPlus with Enzymes. Sheeple love drama, even in weather
Closed Thread