This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pagan View Post
    What if you lock your ID in the room? Or do you take a photocopy of the ID at check-in?
    The hotel I work at has a scanner that scans the drivers license and puts in the address info automatically and also places a copy of the photo in the computer. We could compare that photo to the person standing in front of us.

The old fashioned way means that you make that person a key and walk down to the room with them and let them in but before you actually hand them a key I would have that person get their Id and show me.

Comment

In my profession experience, when someone DOES damage a room, the cost of repairs is often well over a thousand dollars.
      Between that and credit card fraud, you'd better believe hotels id.

Also, as was pointed out in the OP, the woman was clearly driving, and I don't know of anywhere that doesn't have laws against driving without your license.
      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth dakhur View Post
        I'm seriously missing a point here.

It's a hotel. I'm not trying to take out a loan, I just want a bed for the night. I have money, you have a room and a bed. We exchange the two and all is well. Why the hell do I need to prove anything else?

Really, this seems designed to make it difficult for a person to get the service.
        Yes, but you likely would never consider leaving the hotel room with sh** stains on the bed, broken chairs, food smashed into the carpet and stolen everything that's not bolted down. And then later try to come back and avoid giving an ID because they know they've been banned.

People treat hotel rooms horribly, and hotels have learned that they must have protections to at least try to re-coop the damages. That means knowing your renters via positive ID so you can keep out the worst repeat offenders, and having an active credit card to charge damages to (or possibly a cash deposit).

Comment

Working...
        X