This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden Center SC's

Ahhh it's that time of the year again where you can see the worst bunch of SC's that any other place in the store. You get...

#1: SC's who move the plants around while you are scanning them so you that you get confused and I tell them to leave it and most of them apologize but one person told me not to touch it and told me which ones to scan.

#2: Two SC's arguing with each other over who's turn it is and acting like they are freaky female cavewomen.

#3: Customers who bitch about a price and get very stern about it saying that they are in control of the price when they demand a price check.

#4: Being the only one in the Department not knowing hardly anything and customer don't f*cking realize that and they give me a hard time asking for things I don't know about or have and questioning my inappropriate giggles because of my aspergers.

#5: Elderly bitches calling us stupid when we don't know much about plants.

#6: When Plants are discounted, customers act like they are in control and they say to scan one plant +30 times even though a lot of them are different.

#7: Customers bitching about the lineups

#8: Customers digging through the garbage for plants and asking for a discount.

And etc. etc. etc. It's a nice atmosphere to work in but Customers just piss you off to no end at my store.
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post

#8: Customers digging through the garbage for plants and asking for a discount.

You have got to be kidding

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
      Yup. It's happened with one lady before. She told me she found the plant in the garbage and thought it was in good condition and wanted to buy it. I was pretty frustrated and tried to get someone else to help her.

Comment

Yup. It's happened with one lady before. She told me she found the plant in the garbage and thought it was in good condition and wanted to buy it. I was pretty frustrated and tried to get someone else to help her.

How was she even able to dumpster dive? Did she walk behind the counter and root through everything?

Comment

How was she even able to dumpster dive? Did she walk behind the counter and root through everything?
          I'm not sure. The dumpster must've been full and she just noticed it I guess

Comment

#4: Being the only one in the Department not knowing hardly anything and customer don't f*cking realize that and they give me a hard time asking for things I don't know about or have and questioning my inappropriate giggles because of my aspergers.
            Oh I know! ( I have Asperger's) When something someone does or says is hysterically funny but only from that slightly skewed angle, and whether you explain it or not the smirk on your face gets them horribly offended.
            Admittedly once in a while that's kind of fun.
            "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE: #8: Customers digging through the garbage for plants and asking for a discount

No, I have had people do it to me too. One of the reasons I started using 55gal trash bags so they can't see what I am thowing away.

Plus, my boss lets me take home the dead and mostly dead plants for my compost pile, so they never go to the trash.

and to continue;

#9 People who bring back dead plants: Had one this Saturday and I could tell she had not watered the basket, but the bosses gave her a replacement.

#10 The Procrastinators: My tomatoes have fruit on them and I have people who are just now ready to start gardening. And of course they get upset that they missed all the onions, potatos, cabbage and other early crops.

#11 The Vultures: They know we will discount everything eventually and they start circiling. "Are they 50% off yet?" Last year we did a date% off sale, on the 10th they were 10% off and so on. It really annoyed the vultures, do I by it today or wait till tommorow fo another 1% off?
              "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

12# The lady who brings back her reciept of 200 bucks worth of plants demanding a refund for lack of blooming, and yet wont bring in the actual plants and wishes to escelate my 'NO' to managment.....
                Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Sharsarannon View Post
                  Oh I know! ( I have Asperger's) When something someone does or says is hysterically funny but only from that slightly skewed angle, and whether you explain it or not the smirk on your face gets them horribly offended.
                  Admittedly once in a while that's kind of fun.
                  I have a similar thing. It's something to do with the novelty centers of my brain, it causes otherwise normal things to suddenly strike me as very strange and alien, (very easy in this strange world.) I do my best to explain why what we're looking at is so very weird but no one understands.

The concept of press-on acrylic nails tends to freak me out.
                  You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

me not to touch it and told me which ones to scan.

#2: Two SC's arguing with each other over who's turn it is and acting like they are freaky female cavewomen.
                    Lol today I had something similar to this. Two customers arguing over who's next. This women of course, left her two plants on my counter and left, calling the woman a bitch. This woman was like an Afghanistan nationality the one who stayed at the till.

People who make a big sigh really annoys me because we have to act like we're babysitting them and we have to make sure they don't get impatient and throw a temper tantrum.

One time yours truly was feeling very weak from a slight Indomethacin overdose. I collapsed on the floor in the Garden Center cash shack. Meanwhile this customer is demanding service while I needed assistence to get ready to go home after feeling woozy and extremely drowsy. No matter the cause, this bitch still needs assistence. Can't she just back off how is buying plants an emergency?

Comment

Zombie, it sounds like you work at my store LOL. I like getting to work outside and water plants, but I hate how retail stores just stick regular checkout operators back in Garden all by themselves without any kind of training on plants, flowers and the other merchandise out there and it's sink or swim - which is what my store recently did to me.
                      My Myspace, add me!

Comment

#6: When Plants are discounted, customers act like they are in control and they say to scan one plant +30 times even though a lot of them are different.
                        For what it's worth, they do that everywhere, I think. Why don't people get the concept--that even if something is the same price as something else--that they are different items, which means that they will usually have different sku's...which means I have to scan 'em all?

I mean, if someone gets 40 of item Z at 59 each, I can count 40 of item Z and get an FES to turn her magic key (yes, the quantity key is disabled for mere cashiers), and type in 40--and scan the item. And it'll ring up 40 Z's at 59 cents each.

But if someone gets 40 different items, at 59 cents each, I gotta ring 'em all up. Telling me that there are 250 sheets of paper doesn't do me a damned bit of good, now does it? Unless it's all the SAME paper, and then I still have the count it, don't I?

Gah. I hate people. lol

(And where I work, we are supposed to scan every single item, even if someone is buying 50 of one thing. Hehe, that's always fun. "Can't you just hit quantity?"..."Sure I can, but it's disabled, so it won't do anything...")
                        you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post

(And where I work, we are supposed to scan every single item, even if someone is buying 50 of one thing. Hehe, that's always fun. "Can't you just hit quantity?"..."Sure I can, but it's disabled, so it won't do anything...")
                          My god I put that as one of the most stupidest questions a customer may ask. Well If we do have a quantity button we would obviously use it. DUH!! I had a customer try to show me something on the till in regards to a quantity button and I'm like "We don't use one". Can't people just wait patiently like humans are expected to do?

Comment

I used to get all that but get this, I worked in the pet centre which was clearly marked... and yet, SCs would still go, "You work in a garden centre, I can't believe you don't know anything about plants!" -__-
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Wow I didnt know that every cashier at Walmart that worked in the plant center was supposed to be a botanist. Odd that it never occurred to me. We just see whatever flower or plant we like and just buy it and go home and plant it.

Comment

Working...
                              X