Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if this customer is aware of what goes into a lot of our food supply......

She'd probably cringe in fear if she really knew some of what she was eating.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Hell, she'd probably have a stroke if she saw all the lil' staphs that call her skin home.

Comment

Quoth Gregory House
        "This is our fault. Doctors over-prescribing antibiotics. Got a cold? Take some penicillin. Sniffles? No problem. Have some azithromycin. Is that not working anymore? Oh, got your Levaquin. Antibacterial soaps in every bathroom. We'll be adding vancomycin to the water supply soon. We bred these superbugs. They're our babies. And they're all grown up and they've got body piercings and a lot of anger."
        I can understand sanitizing if someone in the house has a contagious ugly disease, but not the common cold or everyday microbes from outside (there's no "cure" for the common cold anyway, so just get it and get over it). Kids/people need to build up some resistance to things. My family was always in the "inoculation" camp: get exposed to it early so the body knows what it is.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Plus, don't forget that you shouldn't drink water cuz fish screw in it... If I drop veg on the floor, I just pick it up and put it in the saucepan. I mean, I'm going to boil the darn things, so what the hell? I dropped a mange tout on the floor earlier and did just that. Tasted real good.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm more worried about fish relieving themselves in the water than mating in the water.

Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Do fish pee? I thought they just pooped; wait a minute, that's worse. XD
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Don't want to be the only "naysayer".

But....I have worked in 3 different states in different areas of foodservice. All 3 had laws about employees eating/drinking while preparing food. While I can say that we all broke that rule, we were not in full view of the customers either, or when the health inspector was present.

Another way of looking at it is the customer may see you pick something off the floor and eat it, they may think well if they eat off the floor I bet they will serve stuff that falls on the floor to customers.

So, sorry, have to go the other way on this one. Next time save that tasty piece of floor meat to enjoy when no customers are around.
                If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
                www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Pets beating their owners to a dropped piece of food reminds me of a story a friend once told me:

My friend worked at a daycare and she said it was really easy to tell which kids came from homes with dogs and which ones didn't. The kids that had dogs NEVER bothered to pick up a piece of food they dropped, they figured the dog got it so there was no point. Kids that didn't have dogs would pick up dropped food and either eat it or put it in the trash.

I thought it was pretty funny and pretty accurate.

Comment

I never had to wait for the dog to pick it up, she was always sitting there watching me eat, begging like a poor abused puppy.

There are people who grew up with mothers who followed them around the house and picked up after them, like my roomate. Something drops on the floor? Oh well.......a girl will come pick it up, right?
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      I never had to wait for the dog to pick it up, she was always sitting there watching me eat, begging like a poor abused puppy.
                      I used to have two cats. One would beg for food any time I ate and would eat pretty much anything. The other would sometimes just steal it. (She also used to hoard food, hiding it behind the bookcase, etc. From what the pound told me, she was a) literally born in an alley and b) the runt of the litter. She lived with me for 14 years, and I don't think she quite got used to the idea that I'd always have food for her.)

Current cat wants nothing to do with people food... not even people food that's also cat food. Not long ago, I bought some fresh salmon... ocean caught, regularly $14.99 a pound. I figured she'd eat that, so I put some in her food dish. She came over, sniffed a couple of times, and then looked at me -- "Dude, wtf? Take this crap away and bring on the Purina."
                      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                        I wonder if that was the same lady who threw an absolute hissy when she saw the pharmacist flip a tablet over with her finger so she could see the tablet markings.

Oddly enough, she was getting Valtrex. She's worried about the pharmacist touching her pill with the tip of a freshly washed finger, yet she's getting herpes medication. Maybe we should be careful about OTHER things we touch, lady.
                        Wha? Huh? Who? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth MinimaMagistra View Post
                          This thread reminded me of something I'd heard a couple years ago, and this article is the freshly-googled version.
                          I was thinking the same thing! Hell, I used to play in the drainage ditch behind the house (Including that damn mesquite bush, man, do those things have thorns! I still have the scar.) And I ate some dog food, too. I mean the dog seemed to like, so I tried it out, too.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                          I dropped a mange tout on the floor earlier and did just that.
                          Ok, I had to go look that one up. To me "mange tout" means, basically, "eat up". Apparently all y'all Sassenachs think it means snap peas! Of course - rocket=arugula and sultana=golden raisin.

Quoth RentalRacer View Post
                          But....I have worked in 3 different states in different areas of foodservice. All 3 had laws about employees eating/drinking while preparing food. While I can say that we all broke that rule, we were not in full view of the customers either, or when the health inspector was present.
                          I know there's laws about those kind of things here in NM, too. I gotta tell ya, some of the people that work in some restaurants here, mostly in the South Valley, you'd want them wearin' gloves too!
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

It said mange tout on the packet, so that's what it is.

Oh and when I worked at the pizza place, I washed my hands all the time. Not after each pizza, but every time I had to put my hands into messy toppings, like barbeque chicken or tuna. In fact, one of the reasons I was desperate to leave was cuz the cheap soap they had there aggravated my dry hands.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Am I the only one who would think very highly of a restaurant where employees are comfortable eating off the floor? I have worked in some limited food service, and it was sometimes a bit disconcerting to see how "industrial" food is handled and prepared, and I would NEVER have eaten off of the floor there. Employees know the ins and outs and dirty secrets of their restaurants, and if an employee was willing to eat off the floor, I would feel assured that they pay attention to cleanliness.
                              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                                if an employee was willing to eat off the floor, I would feel assured that they pay attention to cleanliness.
                                That's a good point I never thought of. I do know I'd not have the guts to eat anything that fell on the floor of the theatres *I* worked at. *shudder* And I'm not talking auditoriums, I mean the concession areas.
                                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                                X