Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 03:03 AM
Vulcan/Time Lord Hybrid

Quote:
Quoth MadMike View Post
No, I don't, but if you bring it around back, I'll blow it out with an airhose."

The lady started yelling at him, and he had no idea why. Turned out she had asked if they had a bathroom, not a vacuum. Oops.
Imagine if she had agreed with his suggestion.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:15 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Quoth SpyOne View Post
Here in Virginia, liquor is only sold in stores that are owned by the State and sell nothing else. Bars have to buy from such stores. They are run by the bureau of Alcoholic Beverage Control, and are called ABC Stores.
Can confirm. Had a few people at the wholesale club back in the day come in looking to buy some liquor, and were frustrated that we only sold beer and wine.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 07-27-2019, 03:28 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

SpyOne- It could very well be that my experience is tainted by having grown up in Louisiana...where the notion of a "dry county (parish)" is all but unheard of, and any grocery store with a Liquor/Alcohol license can sell anything they please that contains alcohol. No special restrictions aside from the usual age/ID check requirements. Hell, we have drive-thru daiquiri stores (think "smoothies with booze in them")!
“Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again.” - Morticia Addams

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Last edited by EricKei; 07-29-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:58 AM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
... Hell, we have drive-thru daiquiri stores (think "smoothies with booze in them")!
Heavily padded guide bollards on both sides of the driveway for when they're the 'fifth' stop...

Old 07-28-2019, 03:25 AM
Cashier

When I started working at my store I had no idea what people meant when they said that they had to get a hot shot. Turns out they meant a jump start.
And there are people that want cords. As in spark plug cords. They are wires, not cords.
And when asked to spell their name they say "arra" instead of "R"
Also, get me the 5 gallon bottle. It's 5 quarts. Do they really think 5 gallons fits in such a small jug?
And everything is a screw, the things that hold your wheels on or really anything that I would call a bolt.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:08 PM
Phone Monkey

Yesterday I had a guy call my store asking for a product that is apparently quite well known... by using the name it hasn't been called by for at least a decade. I've been working here for two months. I asked him to spell it for me, unable to find it in my system after my first guess. He accused me of being a smart ass.

Old 07-29-2019, 03:06 PM
RVT

Guess he hasn't BOUGHT it in at least a decade...

Old 07-29-2019, 04:37 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth SpyOne View Post
While I grant some regional variation, this seems to be a very local phenomenon: I didn't have people saying that when I worked on the other side of town. Or rather, it was rare, now it is common.

I grew up in the northeast, and there were "package stores" that were sometimes called liquor stores. While they also sold wine and beer, the distinction was they also sold hard liquor and spirits, which for example grocery stores do not.
"Liquor" is stuff like Jack Daniels. Bourbon, whiskey, scotch. I have never heard someone refer to a "liquor department" because where I grew up those products were only available in stores that sold nothing else (except the aforementioned beer and wine).

Here in Virginia, liquor is only sold in stores that are owned by the State and sell nothing else. Bars have to buy from such stores. They are run by the bureau of Alcoholic Beverage Control, and are called ABC Stores.

I am reasonably sure the problem with misusing the term is a large concentration of people whose only experience with "liquor" is malt liquor, which as I said the law calls "beer".
And I'm in NJ where ANY kind of alcohol is only sold in "liquor stores" its all or nothing. so to me, liquor = alcohol. any kind. beer, wine, the hard stuff. So def. a regional thing.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:38 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
Try deciphering someone with a hard accent to understand coupled with a really crappy cell phone connection. IT's all gibberish at that point.

But yes the people who insist on calling things by the wrong name, or won't say things clearly, annoy me to NO end. My mother did that constantly, just made up stupid names for every day items. That no one else used. That was embarrassing, and I grew to have zero tolerance for it.

To be honest I"m getting really sick and tired of two things: the constant shortening of words:
merch (merchandise dammit)
usz (usual, just the first part is said)
and others I can't think of right now but you get the idea.
HATE this. Sammie for sandwich, sunnies for sunglasses, EVOO for olive oil. just a few of my peeves.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:40 PM
Area Manager

My biggest pet peeve of this variety relates to taxes. People who say “I got my tax return back” NO you FILED your tax return and got your REFUND back. They are not the same thing, and that drives me batty.

The other tax thing I hate relates to my online selling. I sell PT online. So any income has to be included when I do my taxes every year. No matter how much or how little. I’m in a bunch of FB groups, and the question keeps popping up like a whack a mole game “do I owe taxes?” or “do I have to pay taxes?” Um I don’t know, do you? I do know you have to REPORT your income from reselling but whether you owe or not, depends on your own financial situation. And I am always amazed at how many people will respond and say nope, you don’t.
Closed Thread