Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

What is it with people and their cars?
Old 10-20-2019, 03:50 PM
Lurker

Default What is it with people and their cars?

This didn't happen to me, but it was relayed to me by my coworkers who were doing carts in the lot and had some guy flip out at them over his car. Carts didn't even hit his car (or any car for that matter), but still lost it, why? Because the carts were too close to his car and *could* have dented it (they were 3 feet away according to CWs)

Old 10-21-2019, 10:38 PM
Chairman of the Board

I often wonder why people who are worried about this sort of thing don't park as far away as possible in the parking lot. I've often done that, although not because I'm worried about my car -- it's just easier for me to leave without having to peer past a forest of other vehicles for moving vehicles or pedestrians heading for their own cars.

Old 10-22-2019, 12:04 AM
I need a life

They think inanimate objects are an extension of their human worth?

Old 10-22-2019, 12:10 AM
Chairman of the Board

Well, as somebody pointed out in the other thread about this if people are buying a car with the intention of re-selling it at some point, they'd prefer to have it in as pristine shape as possible when they try to re-sell it.

I tend to drive my vehicles until they literally start shedding parts on the road. My current vehicle is a 2004 Pontiac Vibe; it's not likely to have much of a re-sale value other than for scrap, so ... as long as nobody damages it to the point where major repairs are required (like the idiot who backed into the driver's door of my last vehicle, making it nearly impossible to open), I'm not too worried about dings and dents.

Old 10-22-2019, 01:23 AM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post
I often wonder why people who are worried about this sort of thing don't park as far away as possible in the parking lot.
Because it's inevitable that some asshat in a pile of junk that just barely runs will forgo all 130-thousand empty spaces, and park two inches from you, kicking their door open hard and denting your car.

Still annoyed at that one... Shoulda submitted it to insurance.

Old 10-22-2019, 01:56 AM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth Food Lady View Post
They think inanimate objects are an extension of their human worth?
<That comment is just too good to pass up.>

It is well known that some people think their inanimate object (monster truck) is an extension of a certain body part (you know which one).

Old 10-22-2019, 02:06 AM
Store Manager

Oddly enough, I used to drive a little Chevy Metro, and had NO problems with ...body part image issues. (although it did hurt when that idiot mangled the hood by no-look backing into it)

Old 10-22-2019, 02:20 AM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
... some people think their inanimate object (monster truck) ....
... also spurts cars ...

Old 10-22-2019, 02:25 AM
JAFP

I cannot comprehend how this concept cannot be comprehended. Someone who understands doesn't need an explanation. Someone who doesn't understand cannot have it explained, but I'll try. Yes, it is just a material possession but it is MY material possession. A dent on it caused by some ignorant and careless moron is super annoying. And you have a constant and permanent reminder of the carelessness and ignorance of this moron. Take something you care about, put a big scratch in it, whack it with a hammer, spray paint a big X across it. Hey, it's still usable, but it's no longer right, it's no longer perfect. Do you get annoyed when some idiot texting bumps into you? No real harm done, but it's something that happened due to the careless ignorant actions of a moron.

Old 10-22-2019, 02:46 AM
Lurker

Whether or not a dent in a car is worth throwing a fit over is beside the point, no carts touched any cars and some asshat still went off on some coworkers over it.
Closed Thread