Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quoth ShockQueen
I swear the last GOOD kids' meal toy I ever found was when they were doing the Inspector Gadget toys at McDonald's.
I don't know about those...but does anyone remember when McDonald's gave away Lego sets or Hotwheels cars?

I bet the woman then went to the dollar store and then complained about the "quality" of the stuff they have too.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Plum loco

We still get Hot Wheels once in a while. At least, I know we've had a set within the last year.

Inspector Gadget was pretty good. Each toy was a body part that did something different (except his belt, which actually was pretty good as a standalone toy since it was a real watch) and you put them all together to make the whole toy.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Moderated Poster

I still have all six gold pokemon cards in the balls.... The racing Rapidash and Bulbasaur.... From BK.

A lot of cards.... Prehistoric Mew and Machamp still in plastic. From my own purchases. I am a pokenut afterall.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Cashier

Yeah, I also agree that it was a scam. Nobody could be stupid enough to think they could get a free lunch just because there was no...k', well some people could be, but I still think this is a scam. Most parents could care less about the toy. I seem to recall my parents distinctly not wanting me to get happy meals and bring home another brightly colored plastic thing to clutter up the house with. That, combined with the fact that it was an outrageous demand, seems to be a red flag to me.

"I DEMAND MY MONEY BACK!"
"Ok." *hands back the money*
"Um...and also I demand my refunded object back."

P.S. - This post gives me warm, fuzzy memories of the beanie baby happy meals.

Hee.

Last edited by bars.of.a.rhyme; 07-12-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Closed Thread