This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonsence, Bullcrap customers.

I've been off work for a week now for medical reasons and hell do I need to rant. I've had a bad case of bullshit customers for the last 2 to 3 weeks and man the thinks they do just baffle the human mind, here are 4 situations.

Cheap coupon scammers: 2 ladies bring their groceries on the belt for me to scan through, one lady left the store with the groceries not paying but insisting that the person with her will pay for them... Fair enough but an unusually odd situation. I finish ringing things through and the second customer just gives me a handful of coupons AFTER I SCANNED EVERYTHING. What's funny is that the aformentioned previous customer who left the store with the unpaid merchandise had the items that were supposed to be used with the used with the coupons. I refused to accept the coupons because I won't take them if they are not paired with the items that they must be used for. The women was saying that it's not good customer service for me to to not take them but did pay for the merchandise that was on the belt and the stuff the lady took off with.

If I don't see the item that the coupon is used for I'm not accepting it. That has nothing to do with customer service.

Old Lady wants bag for unpaid merchandise Sc's piss me off when they come to my till pestering me for a bag and get all hot and bothered when I ask them for a receipt before I hand them one. Yeah... She was bothering me for a bag while I was cashing out my till because she didn't want to get the fabric dirty. First off Why in the hell would she get so concerned over that? ugh.. what I found quite bizarre was when I refused to give her one she went on and on to the other customers in regards to why I wouldn't give her a bag for something she didn't pay for but to be so picky and difficult over it so I gave her one to shut her up and told the cashier that this customer has a bag but is paying for the peices of fabrics. I went to courtesy to put away my returns and came back but sure enough.... this lady was further in line with another bag over her fabrics. Where I work customers aren't allowed to be at a cashiers workstation grabbing bags But for some damn reason this woman put another bag over her fabrics and appeared to be further in line. I was at the exit arguing with her if she had the receipt but wouldn't show it to me and told me that she did pay for it. I went to the cashier after and asked her if she did indeed pay for it and she said yes... I wasn't sure she just looked very suspicious to me

Thank you for sending me to another till on express We enforce the express lane rules at our store and other customers do complain when people come to these tills who can't read, count, half asleep, or don't bother so it's a lose/lose situation. This customer thanked me for sending her to another till, said she didn't notice the sign and thought it wasn't fair that I was taking other people over the limit.

Express lanes are to accomidate people with less items to go through. You can't be entitled to go through these tills with more items. Even if you were the mayor or even the president You aren't entitled to be in an express lane with over the limit.

get pissed at me for something I have no control over: this middle aged woman was shopping in a hurry, approaching my till with a large carpet. I told her that my gun doesn't work and I have to make a tag at courtesy. She was upset that I couldn't hand key it in. I grabbed the carpet and scanned it on my big scanner insted of making a sku.After her transaction went through this woman gets all f*cking stupid on me and slammed the Credit slip on the counter throwing a temper tantrum over something I have no Control over!
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
    Cheap coupon scammers: 2 ladies bring their groceries on the belt for me to scan through, one lady left the store with the groceries not paying but insisting that the person with her will pay for them... Fair enough but an unusually odd situation. I finish ringing things through and the second customer just gives me a handful of coupons AFTER I SCANNED EVERYTHING.
    We're actually supposed to wait til the end of the transaction to do coupons; it's bad to do them mid-order. But in either case, I don't think I'd let someone leave the building with unpaid merchandise.

Comment

Thank you for sending me to another till on express We enforce the express lane rules at our store and other customers do complain when people come to these tills who can't read, count, half asleep, or don't bother so it's a lose/lose situation. This customer thanked me for sending her to another till, said she didn't notice the sign and thought it wasn't fair that I was taking other people over the limit.

Express lanes are to accomidate people with less items to go through. You can't be entitled to go through these tills with more items. Even if you were the mayor or even the president You aren't entitled to be in an express lane with over the limit.
      Oh, pick me! I went to my local grocery store after work yesterday because, well, I just needed a drink, so I go with my fiance, we grab beer and a couple of candy bars, head to one of the two lanes open, which happens to be the Express Lane, 12 Items or Less, as stated clearly on the sign in front of the lane. But what's this? The woman in front of me has a cartful of food!

D, the SO, done with being polite to anyone, turns to me and says, loudly enough for her to hear, "Isn't this the express lane, 12 items or less, I mean, I can read what the sign says, can you?" Her shoulders tensed up, so I know she heard him, but she refused to move. The express lane didn't even have a conveyer belt, what the hell did she think she was going to put all those groceries on? We go to the other line, the regular line, full of people with less than 12 items because no one wanted to wait behind the bitch in the wrong lane. Our cashier looks at us and says, "I'm sure glad people can read our signs!"

Why cant people read the signs?
      Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
        That is a very good question. It's like people who come to the drive up at the bank and conveniently ignore the "THANK YOU FOR HAVING YOUR TRANSACTION READY" sign we have up. The drive up is supposed to be for speedy transactions, not asking for a deposit slip then proceeding to sit in your car for ten minutes, yapping on the phone about who knows what with your friend, and not filling out your slip and getting out of everybody else's way like you're supposed to!

And don't even get me started on the woman who told my boyfriend and I to go to the express lane (12 or fewer line) when we clearly had a basket full of stuff. Uh, no, sorry, we don't stoop to your low.
        Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Quoth marty View Post

I believe one of the top rules in the SC rulebook is "Thou shalt only obey the signs that benefit oneself'. As a direct result, any signs that keep the SC from doing what they want suddenly cease to exist.
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

this was after i quit my old job. i still had friends that worked there so i always got the "whats, what" when i went over for coffee.

well one time my friend Steph (not her real name) was sitting at her exspres till and it was just on the verge of steady. so this lady comes up with a HUGE cart full of stuff. Steph tells her "im sorry but its 12 items or less" and the lady has a fit! "what? but your no doing anything!" yet a person WITH 12 items and less come up behind her. bitchy lady storms off to another till, and steph helps the other customer.

a few min later, the head supervisor (who is a complete bitch and should be shot with her own shit) walks over and chews steph out a whole new ass telling her that if she wasn't busy to take customer with more then 12 items. steph looks over seeing bitch lady with this shit eating grim smothered on her face, so steph tells her supervisor if thats the case then take down the 12 items or less sign.

like hello people! our tills are tiny! we have barely enough room for the 12 items, unless they are packs of gum! so you can take ur over flowing cart and chew sand!
            it's said that no sane person could bite another person and draw blood. I've done it before, but then again sanity has always been questionable in our family.

Comment

When I worked for Kroger, I had a situation like that happen to me.

I was there early one morning and someone came up with a FULL cartful to the express lane, I turned them away and they got all bitchy and complained on me to the manager, who ripped me a new one for my bad customer service.

I told them I thought someone with fewer items might come up while I was ringing that person up and get mad. They said that I was supposed to let the person through if they had a cartful. They were very angry with me for turning her away.

Well so what do I do the next time? I take another person whose cart is full and ring them up.

Well, Lo and Behold, there are customers with just a few items that come up and go report ME for "Bad customer service" for having taken someone with that many items. I got chewed out AGAIN. I told them it wsa really confusing and I didn't know what they expected me to do, and I cried.

It was like that for almost everything at that stupid job.

Comment

I have only once (ok twice, but the second time it didn't count because it was the only lane open) gone through the express lane with more than the maximum number of items, and that was when a STORE EMPLOYEE told me I should just go through the express lane because no one else was there and even then I asked the cashier if it was ok that her coworker was sending me over to her.

Oh, and Ruby, I know I have a few write-ups to my name about this, but at the more reputable companies I've worked at management has respected it when I've gotten a backbone and said, "no, I will not admit to being wrong because I am following the directions you gave me, so you will either say you were mistaken before or that you were mistaken now, only after you have done this will I admit to any wrongdoing, based solely on which occurance you admit to being wrong to"
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Rubystars View Post
                  When I worked for Kroger, I had a situation like that happen to me.

I was there early one morning and someone came up with a FULL cartful to the express lane, I turned them away and they got all bitchy and complained on me to the manager, who ripped me a new one for my bad customer service.

I told them I thought someone with fewer items might come up while I was ringing that person up and get mad. They said that I was supposed to let the person through if they had a cartful. They were very angry with me for turning her away.

Well so what do I do the next time? I take another person whose cart is full and ring them up.

Well, Lo and Behold, there are customers with just a few items that come up and go report ME for "Bad customer service" for having taken someone with that many items. I got chewed out AGAIN. I told them it wsa really confusing and I didn't know what they expected me to do, and I cried.
                  Your Kroger managers are complete shit for brains, head-up-the-ass, mouth-breathing, retarded, stupid, know-it-all mental midgets who cannot tell the most basic of colors and shapes from their own private parts.

*whew!

Seriously. If you turn somebody with a full cart of groceries away from the express lane you get chewed out. If you let that person with the full cart through, you get chewed out. Sounds like your managers were absolutely whipped into the "customer is always right" mindset and if anything made a customer unhappy then the peons get yelled at and written up or whatever else.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Express lanes are to accomidate people with less items to go through. You can't be entitled to go through these tills with more items.
                    Check out this sneaky bitch! She comes up to my till with a few items in the top of her cart where a child would sit, and a baby carrier in the cart itself with a blanket over it. She had a small child in her arms. Making the assumption she had a few items and to children, I started her order when she starts pulling some cans of baby food out from behind the baby carrier. Ok, so we're at like 30 items now (3 times the express limit). She then pulls the blanket off the baby carriage to reveal it stuffed full of more baby products! Final Item count, drum roll please... 72 items! what the F*ck? and as much as I hate her, props on being sneaky lady.
                    Well that was a bit like sand-blasting a soup cracker.

Comment

That's a lot of trouble to go to just to go through the express lane!
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                      X