• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want me to pay my bill???

Me = Yours truly
    SM = Shouty Man
    Italics = My thoughts

Me: Welcome to <My company> your speaking with <Me>
    SM: Yes, I've received my new phone and I've called THREE TIMES to register it and no one can tell me why its not working!
    Me: Ok, I'll have a look (brings up SM's account) Right, I can see here that your bill for your existing number is two weeks overdue, we can't register a new number until you pay the outstanding bill for your existing...
    SM: (Cuts me off to start yelling) NO WouldYouLikeToBuyAPhone, don't even go there with me! I've been a customer with <My company> for 20 years (Bullshit you have, we've only existed for 10 years) and I spend a lot of money with you and I want this phone registered now! Are you telling me that you won't register a phone because of a bill thats ONLY two weeks overdue?
    Me: Yes, thats exactly what I'm telling you. I'm glad you've caught on. I'm very sorry Sir, but I simply cannot register a new phone until..
    SM: (Cuts me off again) YES YOU CAN!
    Me: No, Sir, I can't, the computer won't let me until you pay your bill. (Yes, it will, but I'm not about to admit that.)
    SM: (Now yelling even louder) I DON'T WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU CAN'T DO, I WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU CAN DO!
    Me: Lots of things. I can ride a bike, I can play chopsticks on the piano... As soon as you pay your bill I can activate this for you..
    SM: I'M NOT PAYING MY BILL UNTIL YOU REGISTER THIS PHONE FOR ME!!
    Me: Stalemate! I'm sorry Sir but there is no way I can do this until you pay your bill.
    SM: GET ME SOMEONE IN CHARGE!!!

Me: (Puts SM on hold, turn around and smile at assembled managers) Its someone elses turn to get yelled at!

The supervisor who talked to him was AWESOME. Said something to the effect of: No. WouldYouLikeToBuyAPhone is right. We're not doing this til you pay your bill. Now bugger off you silly man.

Quoth WouldYouLikeToBuyAPhone? View Post
    SM: (Now yelling even louder) I DON'T WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU CAN'T DO, I WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU CAN DO!
    You: I can stonewall you so you don't get a new phone activated until your bill is paid. That I can do for you!

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Thank god your manager had a spine.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

A member of management that has a spine is one of the rare and possibly endangered species. Horray for your supervisor on telling that tool what for!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I was really surprised cos that manager is usually a bit of a pushover, but lately she's gotten awesome

Comment

I was really surprised cos that manager is usually a bit of a pushover, but lately she's gotten awesome
            Hmm, perhaps managers are being instructed to stop giving away freebies. If this guy isn't paying his bill now when you have the chance to force him, when exactly will he be paying it?
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Supervisors who stand behind us are awesome.
              The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Manager for the win!!!

Second thread today that a manager backed up an emp to a SC! Woohoo!!

"So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

The supervisor who talked to him was AWESOME. Said something to the effect of: No. WouldYouLikeToBuyAPhone is right. We're not doing this til you pay your bill. Now bugger off you silly man.
                  I can picture this, down to John Cleese telling him, "Now bugger off you silly man!" Seriously, good for your manager for having a spine and telling the SC that yes, he does indeed have to pay for the services rendered him, just like it says in the contract.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I occasionally wonder about the Alternate Reality these SCs live in- where *I* live if you want to tinker with your service, the companies always want to have all the payments up to date.

Comment

Yay another awesome manager!!!

Sadly they're a dying breed....

Comment

Working...
                      X