This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear God...

1) When I got lenses it was all the time "You have beautiful eyes!!"- Yeah, born with em! It's like I had no eyes til I got lenses.

2) heehee,, black french manicure- I call it The Goth.

3) Hair! my sympathy! I will not wear my hair in two tails because someone *always* takes a braid in each hand and goes "Giddap!" and pops them. ARGH!!! So annoying and utterly unoriginal!!!!!

Now, due to lice issues when I was new to teaching, I do not wear my hair down around children. Almost never. So, after a year of my hair in a bun all the time, I had a tired day and wore my hair down to work (teaching) one day. Went out to the playground to get my students- came in with four of them- each carrying a quarter of my waist-length+ hair.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
      I do my nails (Yup, just lost another man point) about once or twice a week. Haven't learned how to do french tips because they don't get long enough, but I'd like to learn at some point. They're a bit on the weak side so unless I do them up they tend to break while I'm unpacking freight.
      You're not alone. I had my first manicure a couple of weeks ago. I've been getting pedicures for a while (what a wonderful feeling!) and the last time my wife talked me into also getting a manicure. No polish though, just the trimming.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I can't stand people touching my nails... Or using their nails for anything. Just really bothers me, to the point where it's hard for me to function. So, I would really hate your situation, although I think you should take it was an overenthusiastic compliment.

Comment

You're not the only one who gets that with their nails! I haven't noticed that mine grow particularly fast, but they are very strong. So much so that I've bruised my fingers without the nail breaking. So I trim them when they get in the way, but have gotten in the habit of leaving about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch white at the end. People will not shut up about "where did I get them done?" Umm, I don't. They just grow like this. I trim them with clippers and file off the ragged edges very occasionally no paint, no buffing. Or even more fun (while grabbing my hand, or when they are long enough the nail itself) "are these fake?" No, and please let go, that's a really creepy sensation.

Comment

I can't do my nails......my job is real hard on my hands in general. I always go overboard with my toenails.

What I love is when people compliment my blue eyes, and I tell them I have brownish eyes, they say "You CAN'T cover dark eyes with contacts!" and I stick my finger in my eye and slide my contact over a bit and show them.......they get so grossed out and yet so amazed at the same time.

Going back to my natural hair color was one of the smartest things I've ever done. Since I ditched the Paris Hilton bleach blonde Barbie hair color, people have stopped pawing at my hair as much. It's still really long and gets attention, but for some reason, people don't want to paw at darker blonde hair as much. I love it.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I should do my nails more often, because then I'm less apt to chew on them.

They've been really brittle, lately, though, and I wonder if it's due to stress.
              Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
                mine are some weird mix that look different to everybody. I've been green, grey, blue, gold, and hazel, depending on who you ask :P
                Mine (apprently) go from green to hazel (ick), blue, gray, brown () and occasionally black.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

For anyone trying to grow or keep your nails strong, use Sally Hansen Hard-as-Wraps polish.

It has acrylic in it and seals all the ridges and color doesnt chip off either.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                  X