This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
    Even the really ugly pinecone Christmas tree ornaments we made in Kindergarten. And she insisted on hanging them on the front of the tree.
    My Mom too! We have a deal though, she can hang them every other year - the years when we don't come home for xmas.

This story broke my heart a little. What a meanie! I'm just an aunt and I wear the crazy jewlery my niece and nephew pick out for me when they come to visit.

Comment

My mom still has somewhere in her kitchen a clay mug I made in 6th grade while at camp.

She also had a clay bowl I made in 3rd grade, but it was sitting under the kitchen sink and she let me take it with me when I asked her if I could. It now sits on my dresser and holds my keys.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm starting to realize that half the fun my mom had in keeping all the gifts is so now that we're older, she can break them all out and we can all have a good laugh at them. Or have her tell my brother and I every single story of all the sweet things we ever got her. She always said that was the joy of having children.

I currently don't want kids, but I would have given that woman a piece of my mind. I also would have gone over and told that boy that he was sweet for trying, and it was a very thoughtful gift. If that woman screamed at me, it would only reiterate the blackhole of suck that is her parenting skills.
        It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
        The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

Comment

What an idiot that mom is! I have a big box of all the things the kids have given me or made through the years, and yes, I still hang the xmas wreath made of shredded Wal Mart plastic bags and the ornaments on the tree made out of tempera paint, glitter and clothes pins. She's missing out and doesn't even know it.
          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

What a hateful, vile, cold, spiteful shrew!

Comment

Some people don't deserve to be parents.

Comment

A new level of ice hearted BITCHERY. And that deserves a rare swear from me. What a ... Yeah, wow. Just wow. That poor child.
                "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

That has to be one of the saddest stories I've seen on here. I can't always seem to empathise with kids other than my own, but that just made me want to

What a heartless "See You Next Tuesday."
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

There's a saying in my family:

"Be nice to your children--They will be choosing your home."

I'm thinking this woman is going to be in a baaaaad place when she's elderly, and needs a 'home'.

My mom was not the best mom, but she always said thank you for anything I gave her, (including the bottle of cheap MEN'S cologne I got her for Christmas the year I was seven) and never made me feel like it wasn't good enough. Especially not in such a blatant and heartbreaking fashion.

Poor kid.
                    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Comment

That poor kid....speaking as an INFP personality type, I know the kind of damage that refusal of a gift can do (many stories of my own, thankfully none from my parents).

And holy hell, what woman wouldn't want her child excited to buy her something!! Enjoy it while you can, jerkette, it only lasts a few years!

I really can't even imagine the depth of ice in a heart that would do that, and in front of the child, no less!! My goddaughter is only two, so she hasn't really started giving presents yet, but I know that if she even gave me a napkin she'd scribbled on, that napkin would be framed and sitting on my bookshelf in 2 seconds.
                      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

That's is one of the most horrible things I have ever read! That poor kid!

People like that don't deserve to have kids!

Comment

I can't even imagine what the woman would even say to her child after they left the kiosk either ...

Maybe something to the tune of:

"Don't ever do anything like that again!"

"Never buy me jewelry, nothing less than $XX.XX"

"That thing was ugly."

I suppose her purchasing at a furniture store can rule them out as being dirt poor and that $3 was suppose to go towards something else ...
                          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

That woman deserves bad, bad things.
                            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

What a bitch! That poor little boy must've been crushed! My mom still has stuff me and my sisters gave her when from we were kids! Same with SO's mom and she still has and uses this leather wallet SO made for her at sleepaway camp when he was 8!!!
                              Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 07-10-2008, 02:50 AM.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

My cold black heart just died even more just now, and I had tears in my eyes reading that.

I was hardly mother-of-the-year, but I'd sit there and smile happily (although horribly allergic) at DANDILIONS that my boys picked for me, for chrissakes.

Yup, she is definitely a See -you- next- tuesday, of the highest (or lowest) order.
                                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                                X