X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth iradney View Post
    Darn you Juwl...you are pure evil!
    *bows a bit, then points to the bumper sticker on the side of her monitor that says, 'Because I'm Evil, That's why!"*
    Thank you, thank you, you're too kind.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      Things not to say to someone if you're white ( Courtesy of the Skytrain ):

"Hi, how are you? Wow! You're *really* brown!"
      Actually, here in Denmark, we don't have a specific word for "tanned"... it's either "sunburned" (which we have 2 words for, one that means tanned and one that means BURNT) or "brown" (literally translated) so the person might have been from another country and just translated directly since they didn't know the proper word.

They might also just be an idiot.

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
        Somebody doesn't watch the Sopranos. Because everyone who does know that they live in Joisey, which is right next to New Yoik City.
        Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        I've lived in New Jersey all my life, and I don't know anyone who actually says New Joisey.

And it's New Yawk, for the record.
        For the record, there ARE people in New York and New Jersey that talk just like that.

And they are in the minority.

Now, there ARE lots of people in both places with accents, just not accents that are quite that thick or that obnoxious or that stereotypical. But trust me when I tell you that people who speak like that stereotype DO exist. Luckily for the rest of us, they rarely escape the Tri-State area.

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        I'm vegetarian, so unless the Dandelion has some kind of rice pit or something...
        Believe it or not, there not only is vegetarian sushi, there are many varieties of it, from various vegetable rolls to tempura veggies to tofu fried with rice (forget the name of those little yummies).

I have gone to a sushi restaurant with a vegetarian friend, and she thoroughly enjoyed it. And I am not talking about one of those vegetarians that also eat seafood....I am talking about a person that has not eaten any kind of flesh for about 20 years or so.

Sushi is NOT just raw fish, my friends.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
        X