X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    Imagine if Hotels took food stamps.

*shutter*
    don't even suggest that EQ... now that the thought is in our psyche it's only a matter of time before one of us poor hotel workers has to deal with it
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

No one said I was nice.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

No one said I was nice.
        I do believe your screen name is Evil Queen.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
          I do believe your screen name is Evil Queen.

SC
          I will just have to find a way to out Evil, Evil Queen

Comment

No way you can do it. You're a goody goody.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

No way you can do it. You're a goody goody.
              oh, EQ, you know just how much of that is a facade

if my Bishop knew about half of the stuff I've done (or wanted to do ) I'd be excommunicated several times over...

and sense I'm going to hell anyway... I'm sure I could get over the goody goody part of myself

Comment

Oh goody! Smiley's coming for a visit!

Hell is my domain. You can have a cubby hole.

Comment

Quoth pyxee View Post
                  ...The worst are the ones that know we don't take them but still try, hoping that the clerk will just let them have to coffee or soda since it has to be thrown away anyways.
                  We accept foodstamps, but not EBT cash. AFAIK we've never accepted EBT cast at this location (most locations don't accept foodstamps at all). Doesn't stop people from complaining and insisting that "I used them here before" line. With foodstamps it's hot coffee, grill items and microwaved foods. Sometimes it's the same people over and over again. Other times it's someone we haven't seen, but their card's worn. Of course they never see the sign on the microwave telling them to pay before heating. You see coffee and grill items won't ring up on foodstamps, but stuff that's been microwaved does. So they can get past a clerk who doesn't notice or is gullible kind-harted enough to make an exception "this one time". I am not one of those people. I'm actually a rather cold person and a bit passive-aggressive. I won't make exceptions. I've made customers take food away from their children and go get the exact same items off the shelf to buy. I have no problem with throwing it into the trash in front of them either.
                  Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Over here, it's milk tokens that weather the abuse. You can buy fruit, veg, liquid milk and formula with them.

Once, an SC tried to purchase a crate of beer with milk tokens. -___-
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                      What an idiot. Why should the government have to support these morons?
                      Quoth TTAZ View Post
                      KEEP YOUR FUCKING TRAP SHUT AND FOLLOW THE RULES!

<snip -Spiffy>

My $0.02, y'all.
                      Quoth corporateslave View Post
                      My SO was at a small yuppie supermarket recently (it's just the closest to where we live, part of which became inhabited by yuppies, unfortunately, so much of the forest is vanishing and we see bears on occasion, that are being robbed of their natural habitats)
                      Quoth blas87 View Post
                      Granted a lot of college kids are poor, around here, most of them are spoiled brats who are getting a free ride from mom and dad (and if they aren't in the dorms, their parents are paying their rent and bought them their cars and we're lucky if they even work part time)
                      Quoted above this are several previous posts from this thread. Bolded are some of the Fratching-worthy comments that caused me to think, "This thread will NOT end well; food stamp threads never do. I should just close it and head this off right now. I've got tons of shit to do, I don't have time to patrol the internet."

I've decided to keep it open, hoping that we can have a civil conversation about a sucky customer. For the sake of everyone involved, prove that you guys can.
                      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

The only (very probable) serious abuse of food cards that I personally experienced was when I was at my night job a while back. While there was no racism (perceived or otherwise) involved and I didn't have visual 100% proof, the experience definitely smacked of an abuse.

A man walked up to the counter and made a comment about forgetting some cans and brought up two 12-packs of soda. He then asked me about some cheap half pints "around two bucks". At the time, I didn't think anything of it as this particular customer would get half pints of a fairly cheap liquor, and he would frequently hunt for cans in the process. He used his food card to pay for the sodas and made the comment that he "would be back in about 15 minutes". Right then the wheels started to turn...

Sure enough, he came back with a bottle slip worth $2.40. Given the words he used and the amount of the bottle slip, the guy had to have dumped out the sodas so he could use the deposits on the cans to buy booze. Needless to say, I wasn't happy at all. However, since I didn't physically see him do it (I had other customers to help), I had no actual proof to report it to the proper authorities.
                        Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Working...
                        X