This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jacen View Post
    48 magazines sounds a little... over the top... Was there really risk?
    Well, there is such a thing as cross-contamination. They probably figure if she's that filthy, she may be harboring all sorts of germs, bacteria and other nasties that can be transferred to other merchandise simply by being in contact with whatever she touched.

If the store thinks this is the safe thing to do, I'm not going to criticize them for doing it.

The funny part is that the guys (4 of them) argued who was tasked to "help" dump the chair. LP pulled rank, Manga guy only agreed if he was issued a Haz-Mat Suit and got hazard pay, and the other two guys eventually did the job after we unloaded a whole bottle of hand sanitizer onto the chair to at least kill the smell
    I agree it sucks when people pull rank and ask others to do things they don't want to do, but sometimes we grunts have no choice. If somebody explodes in the bathroom or power-pukes all over something, we can't just let it fester and stink until the cleaning crew comes in the following morning. And knowing our cleaning people, they wouldn't touch it anyway. We're talking about people who left blood spatters dry on the floor and remain there for almost a week before finally scrubbing them off.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
      The most grossest story on CS evah!!
      Nothing against your story--and it certainly WAS gross--but this was NOT the grossest story ever on CS. I Love Pit Bulls's story was certainly gross, and there have been a number of other truly horrific stories on here, so gross that shit-stained pants just really don't even rank in the Top Ten I'm afraid.

THANKFULLY none of those stories are mine--I just deal with idiots and assholes!--but just thought I would mention that we have had some REALLY rank stories on here!

Thank you, that is all.

Drive through!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth I Love Pit Bulls
        Then I ask him, "What is this thing, anyway?"

"It's the cover for the stretcher we use to pick up bodies."
        Oh my dog, just throw it out and get a new one!!! If it's absolutely necessary to get it cleaned, how can someone in good conscience bring it to a dry cleaner and not tell them what the stain is? Did he expect you to clean it through the garbage bag or something?

Ah, I'll go finish my pizza now
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

It sucks to say this, but that lady with the shit-stained pants reminds me of my ex-roomate.

She'd wear the same underwear for a week, toss it in the dirty laundry, then wear it again (unclean) a week later.

-gag-

I'm so happy i don't live there anymore.
          "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth I Love Pit Bulls
            "It's the cover for the stretcher we use to pick up bodies."
            I just want to know why in $deity's name a cover for a stretcher used to haul dead people would have faux fur on it!

Seriously. What bright start thought that would be a good idea?

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              I just want to know why in $deity's name a cover for a stretcher used to haul dead people would have faux fur on it!

Seriously. What bright start thought that would be a good idea?

^-.-^
              Because White Sheets are sooo Crime Scene-ish??

Quoth Ree View Post
              I agree. Major overreaction on destroying that many magazines.
              Due to a contractual obligation, I cannot discuss this issue further.
              Last edited by Ree; 09-23-2007, 12:17 PM.

Comment

As the resident Doctor of Crapology, I can say that destroying those magazines was a smart thing to do. It's true, you don't know where her hands have been, and it's better to be safe than sorry.

It's very easy to get explosive diarrhea after contact with fecals. Pick up a magazine and rub your eye or lick the tip of your finger to turn the page, and you may find yourself in and out of the bathroom the next day.

Also, it's rare, but a person can get a disease from fecal contact. Hepatitis, typhoid, cholera, dysentery and polio are just a few of the nasty surprises.

Hazmat suit? A little overboard (but I ask for one weekly). Rubber/latex gloves would work, with some bleach to kill the critters, and some spray to kill the smell. Or the good old 'clothespin on the nose' would have worked too.

When I worked retail, I had to deal with people that had no idea they crapped their pants. What a fun time that was. I sure don't miss that part!
                Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
                  Due to a contractual obligation, I cannot discuss this issue further.
                  And yet....you posted the story.

I didn't say that some magazines shouldn't have been destroyed since you weren't sure if they were contaminated. I simply meant that the criteria for deciding which ones and how many seemed like overkill. That was all.

I'm a very fast reader, and I can't even imagine that I could go through 48 magazines in 2 hours.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    Remember the scene with Ludo and Sir Diddymus at the Bog of Stench? Sir Diddymus' nose worked just fine, he just couldn't really smell stench any more.
                    I just always saw that as Sir Diddymus as having lived so long in the stench that he had grown acclimated to the smell. I'm not sure if that would've been for the same reason as your science lesson, though.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                      And yet....you posted the story.
                      *facepalm* The magazine issue, not the story itself.

Comment

I am very easily grossed out. If I worked there I would have suddenly developed stomach flu and hid out in the bathroom while all of this was going on. I'd wait a safe amount of time and then come out "Hey, I'm better! What'd I miss?"
                        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

If the woman in Hon'ya's story had a physical problem that led to loose bowels, I doubt she'd wear white pants. I know women who won't even wear pale-colored jeans during certain times of the month for fear that something might go horribly wrong and humiliating.

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
                            It sucks to say this, but that lady with the shit-stained pants reminds me of my ex-roomate.

She'd wear the same underwear for a week, toss it in the dirty laundry, then wear it again (unclean) a week later.

-gag-

I'm so happy i don't live there anymore.
                            That's kind of do-able from a logical standpoint, but it involves disposable panty liners and a daily girly wash at least.

I'm assuming these rules weren't followed.
                            Total surrender
                            Your touch is so tender
                            Your skin is like water on a burning beach
                            And it brings me relief
                            "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

I'm with Metody, as if this were a constant problem and she were in full control of mental faculties, I doubt she'd be out and about in white pants/shorts.
                              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                                I'm with Metody, as if this were a constant problem and she were in full control of mental faculties, I doubt she'd be out and about in white pants/shorts.
                                Heh heh m heh heh...kinda like how Alli recommends you wear dark-colored clothing just in case you suffer a "treatment effect"
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X