This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday's Slew of Stupidity

Today seemed to be much more heavily infested with SCs than usual.

I'll start off with these: Not that sucky, just stupid.

Me: What kind of cheese do you want?

SC: The regular cheese.

As apposed to irregular cheese?
    ------------------------------------------
    Me: What kind of bread?

SC: The regular bread.

As apposed to irregular bread?
    Me: What kind of cheese?

SC: Both.

We have three different types of cheese to choose from.
    Here's a real SC story to end it with:

Lady orders 3 footlongs, when I'm about to ring them up she tells me she wants to pay for the first two with her credit card and swipe her Subway card then use the points she just earned for her two subs to pay for her last one.

That's easy enough so I tell her sure. (assuming she actually knew the general amount of points she had on the damn thing) <--biggest mistake right there.

I ring up the first two, swipe her Subway card and wait for her receipt to print out. (the receipt tells me how many points she will have on her Subway card)

I get the receipt and to my dismay I see that she has only 73 points instead of the required 75 to get her free footlong. There's absolutely nothing I can do about it. I cannot magically add 2 extra points to make it even, and even if I had that power, why the hell should I? That would be essentially giving away free points for no reason.

Me: *holds out receipt* It says here you only have 73 points on your Subway card. You need to have 75 points to be able to get a free sandwich.

SC: WHAT? That can't be! I was just in here yesterday and they said I had enough! (I swear this is like a classic defense line to put the blame away to someone else instead of them)

Me: I don't see how that's possible unless they read it to you wrong because this is what the receipt says and there's no way to change the amount.

(goes over the points diagram card on the wall showing the part where it says 75 points for a free footlong and explains that for every dollar you spend you get a point.)

SC: I just KNEW something like this was going to happen! (more to herself or her kid) I guess I'll HAVE to pay for the other one now!

(pays and then mutters something about how "pissed off" she is and leaves)

Because we all know that I PURPOSELY rigged the system so she would have two less points than she thought just for shits and giggles!
    Last edited by TheTigress; 10-19-2008, 09:52 PM.
    My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
    My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

.... hey now she has enough points... right?

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
      .... hey now she has enough points... right?
      She does now after paying for the 3rd footlong.
      My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
      My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
        Because we all know that I PURPOSELY rigged the system so she would have two less points than she thought just for shits and giggles!
        Ah-HA! So you admit it!!

*ducks*
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

"Great. Assuming that the 3rd footlong costs more than $2. Would you like a 4th footlong free with your points? (insert sarcastic smile here)"

Pwnage.
          Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

If I were in a position where I was 2 points shy, I would have just bought some drinks or chips just to get those extra 2 points.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              If I were in a position where I was 2 points shy, I would have just bought some drinks or chips just to get those extra 2 points.
              Exactly. This woman was a twerp
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                yes... but you aren't an SC... which kinda defeats the purpose of this exercise
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Hmm so $1 == 1 point?

Maybe I should get me one of them subway cards.
                  Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post

Me: What kind of cheese do you want?

SC: The regular cheese.

As apposed to irregular cheese?
                    Ah yes. The regular cheese. We have 8 varieties at my deli, including two varieties of American cheese. So when people say "regular" cheese, I repeat "Which one?" Then they give me the blank stare. So I list the 8 varieties. They say "Just give me American!" So I say "White or yellow?" Usually at this point, the SC is so pissed off over the cheese that they scream "I don't CARE!". This gives me some satisfaction. And really, I'm doing nothing wrong. I'm just dedicated to giving the customer exactly what he wants

Comment

Quoth Belari View Post
                      Ah yes. The regular cheese. We have 8 varieties at my deli, including two varieties of American cheese. So when people say "regular" cheese, I repeat "Which one?" Then they give me the blank stare. So I list the 8 varieties. They say "Just give me American!" So I say "White or yellow?" Usually at this point, the SC is so pissed off over the cheese that they scream "I don't CARE!". This gives me some satisfaction. And really, I'm doing nothing wrong. I'm just dedicated to giving the customer exactly what he wants
                      Uhg! American Cheese isn't cheese. It's "Processed Cheese Food".

Comment

now you're going to make me hungry. i love subway sammiches.

my only complaint... kinda wish they'd pick a single format for those cards. not all regions in the states use them, some have different card rules even... and overseas? i think they're still using the stickers in some countries.

(not that it stops me from eating the subs tho lol)

Comment

When I worked at Subway forever ago, I'd get, "the white cheese". My store had 4 types of cheese, 3 were white and 1 was white with speckly bits...
                          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                            When I worked at Subway forever ago, I'd get, "the white cheese". My store had 4 types of cheese, 3 were white and 1 was white with speckly bits...
                            what, you mean if I had asked for yellow cheese I wouldn't have been able to get it

*ducks*
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                              now you're going to make me hungry. i love subway sammiches.

my only complaint... kinda wish they'd pick a single format for those cards. not all regions in the states use them, some have different card rules even... and overseas? i think they're still using the stickers in some countries.

(not that it stops me from eating the subs tho lol)
                              We use the stickers here. When I was home recently for a visit, I got a nasty shock when I asked for stamps. The dude was rude. He gave me this incredulous look and said "We don't do stamps anymore. Where the hell have you been??" So I yelled "GERMANY you douchenozzle!" and snatched my sandwich and ran.

***i went to high school with him. so it was all fun and games***

Comment

Working...
                              X