Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never did like those self-checkouts! Every time I walk into a store that has one, the thing seems to break the moment I scan my first item. So I deal with HUMAN cashiers now!

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
      I never did like those self-checkouts! Every time I walk into a store that has one, the thing seems to break the moment I scan my first item. So I deal with HUMAN cashiers now!
      The same thing would happen to me when I'd use the self check out lines in california at an albertsons before school! only dealt with human cashiers since. Besides I always brighten up their days.
      If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

My mom uses the self-checkouts when she does shopping for clients (no risk of a cashier on autopilot using the associate points).

I've noticed that our self-checkouts will only accept (scan) certain coupons; the majority have to be entered by an attendant. Not sure if that's due to crappy programming or the scanner glass is just so beat to hell it can't read anything. Even if I clean it every couple minutes it doesn't seem to help. Also anything in a curved container won't read.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

They're rationing bags here too, but thankfully the local governments here haven't decided to ban plastic yet.

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          I've noticed that our self-checkouts will only accept (scan) certain coupons; the majority have to be entered by an attendant. Not sure if that's due to crappy programming or the scanner glass is just so beat to hell it can't read anything. Even if I clean it every couple minutes it doesn't seem to help. Also anything in a curved container won't read.
          If it's the Databar coupons (the barcode that looks like it's split horizontally in the middle), they probably haven't updated the system fully yet. I noticed it's very hit and miss in my store.

Comment

Working...
          X