Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return of the Attacker (Epic and Humanity Crushing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the Attacker (Epic and Humanity Crushing)

The sequel I never expected from this thread: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=90371

Since the assault, I can honestly say I’ve been OK. Sure, I am a tiny bit more cautious when I see someone wearing a cheap track suit walk towards me, but since then I’ve honestly become a lot more appreciative in life. Also, I mentioned in my thread that I did not pursue a court case against my attacker. He confessed and I left it in the hands of the authorities. I wanted to move on. A lot of people said I made the wrong choice and should have taken it as far as I could go, but I decided against it. Like I said, all I wanted to do was move on with my life and I do not regret it.

Most of this thread is made up of witness statements. Also, I will put in a language warning from here, as I am going to refer to my attacker as “The Cunt”: TC.

It is a busy Friday evening at the pub, but everything seems to be going well. It is quite crowded around the bar area and it is hard to keep tabs on the customers. Nice Customer Girl is walking through the pub minding her own business and is heading to the bar. She is also wearing a hat. TC, who does not even know her, decides to pull the hat off her head as she walks past.

NGC: Excuse me? Can I have my hat back please?
    TC: Hahaha, yeah right!

NGC reaches and takes the hat off his head. She rolls her eyes and goes to walk away.

TC: WHO THE FUCK YOU ROLLING YOUR EYES AT???

TC shoves NGC as hard as he can and she falls to the ground. There are a lot of male customers in the area who witness this, and do not take kindly to an innocent girl being violently shoved to the ground, so they decide to seek justice by shoving, grabbing and punching TC. TC displays an insane amount of human strength and starts beating anyone who touches him. He is outnumbered 10 to 1 and he is still winning.

The doormen run over. They too are punched and beaten. The two of them team up and start to physically lift TC towards the doors. Due to the confusion and so many punches flying, several customers are starting to fight in amongst themselves. It is a full on brawl.

It is at this point the bar staff and manager start to clear the bar and run around to try and contain the situation, myself included. I look over and see TC. It is the guy who beat the shit out of me eight months ago and I completely freeze. For a couple of seconds I am not certain it is him, until I hear a woman repeatedly screech his name. I then know it is him, and I decide to opt out. I was not going over. I couldn’t. I didn’t want this guy to see my face again.

It turns out the girl screaming is TC’s girlfriend.

TCG: STOP! STOP! DON’T DO THIS! FUCKING STOP!

TC is throwing punches, not caring who he is aiming for. TCG tries to step in the middle, and is immediately punched in the face by him. The punch knocks her clean out. She falls to the floor with a thud.

TCG’s best friend appears.

TCGBF: OH MY GOD! YOU’VE KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLEEEDDDD HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

TCGBF falls to her knees and starts screaming “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!” She is screaming like I have never heard a woman scream before.

You guys think I am lying don’t you? Well, I promise you, I am NOT.

The doormen have managed to get the crowd outside and immediately lock the doors, containing the staff, the innocent and the injured inside. A couple of co-workers are on their phones to the police and ambulances, TCGBF is still screaming at the top of her lungs, Nice Girl Customer is crying and is being reassured and TC is banging on the windows demanding to be let back in to tend to his girlfriend that he has just knocked unconscious.

A co-worker checks TCG. TCG rolls over and moans “Ouch. My head.”

CW: It’s OK. She’s not dead.
    TCGBF: SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE’SS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAADDD!!

Finally, everyone in the pub has a chance to react. And the general reaction is WTF??? I run out the back for a cigarette (my first in two weeks, thank you TC!), and an off duty co-worker follows me. It was a co-worker who was there the night I was attacked.

ODCW: Did you see-
    Me: Yeah, I saw.

By the time I am done the police have arrived and the doors are open again. I see TC and he is handcuffed but still standing.

TC: I didn’t fucking punch her! It was that girl with the hat!!!

The entire pulled let out a series of gasps, “what??”’s and laughs. The manager is at the door and he finally loses it.

M: I WATCHED YOU FUCKING PUNCH HER AND SO DID THIS ENTIRE PUB!!!!
    TC: Yeah! Go on then pal! I’ll fight you!

He is saying this as he is handcuffed with a police officer gripping on to him.

Even though TCG’s girlfriend is now lucid and is sitting upright, her friend is now curled up in a ball screaming. The ambulance arrives and TCGBF sits up and starts shoving the crew away, screeching “Don’t touch heerrrr!! Don’t touch herrrrrr!” The police have to pull her away.

This is the point where I completely excused myself and went and sat in the empty beer garden with Off Duty Co-Worker. I didn’t want to have anything to do with it. There were more than enough witnesses, and I really hadn’t seen shit. Like I said, this entire thread is pieced together from witness statements and the screams I heard from TCGBF.

All I can really finish this thread off with is that TC was taken away in a police van, but was still protesting his innocence. Nice Girl had to be given a brandy, as she started panicking that she was going to be arrested as TC was blaming her for everything (the police reviewed the footage and told her she clearly had nothing to worry about) TCG was taken away in an ambulance and they refused to allow TCGBF to accompany her because she still wouldn’t stop screaming.

TC has obviously been banned from the pub since the original incidents last year. However I completely understand how he slipped the net and was able to get into the pub. We have different doormen now, and besides myself and ODCW, there was only one other co-worker on duty who was there when I was attacked, and none of us noticed him enter. It was just one of those things.

Holy cow! How are you doing, CRML?
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      Holy cow! How are you doing, CRML?
      I'm doing fine. It was just a bit of a shock seeing him again. Although it was not the first time I had come close to him since the attack. Apparently a couple of months ago, while I was in a store with a co-worker he was stood directly behind me in the line for the register! He didn't recognise me and I was thankfully too oblivious to notice it was him.

Comment

I'm glad you are all right >_> Yeh, staying out of it was probably wise.

He did seem to get out of jail awfully fast, tho o_O Would it be unkind of me to hope that *ahem* wherever you happen to live has a Habitual/Repeat Offender law that worsens sentences for people who get convicted of multiple violent offenses?
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Seems like he'll be in jail a lot longer this time. He plead guilty last time, so adjudification is attached to his prior crime. That will allow the battery charges to be used against him in this new battery case. I'm not sure how it works in your state, but I believe that three battery charges automatically equal a felony.

Comment

Yikes! I hope they lock him up for a very long time this time around!

And I sincerely hope that TCG fully recovers and gets the hell away from him. She deserves someone better than him.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Damn. As the others have said, I hope he goes in for way longer this time. And I hope that his girlfriend has the sense to break up with him after that.

Comment

How awful! Hopefully he'll have a little more trouble next time he wants to get back into your pub ... however far down the road that is! Glad to hear you and your coworkers are OK.

Comment

First: Glad you're okay.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  I'm glad you are all right >_> Yeh, staying out of it was probably wise.

He did seem to get out of jail awfully fast, tho o_O Would it be unkind of me to hope that *ahem* wherever you happen to live has a Habitual/Repeat Offender law that worsens sentences for people who get convicted of multiple violent offenses?

Not sure if he went to prison yet. Most of the time, if the case is considered minor/low risk, the convicted is presented with a date and time he has te present himself at a corrections facility.
                  Sad but true,in the Netherlands(my hometurf) it was recently published that unless you are a sex offender or a high profile case it takes an avarage of 440 days before people actually begin their sentence(avarage because some show up when they have to, others go "missing" before they serve their time.

Although this time, with more than one charge to his name and repeat offending within a year, odds are he is still on some sort of probation.
                  I really hope they at least nail him for any damages that his brawl caused.

Comment

Peace: to ! ^_^
                    Quoth Peace1986 View Post
                    Not sure if he went to prison yet. Most of the time, if the case is considered minor/low risk, the convicted is presented with a date and time he has te present himself at a corrections facility.
                    Perhaps I should have clarified -- While the terms may vary from state to state, "Jail" is where they hold you temporarily just after you have been arrested, or if you cannot make bail. "Prison/correctional facility" is where they send you after you have been convicted (or if the jail itself simply lacks room to hold the day's arrestees, I presume). I was referring to the former.

That being said, I hope he DID do time in actual Prison, for the sake of those around him.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Not sure of the laws in the area, but in my area all the manager has to say to the cops is that the idjit has been banned from premises previously and they'll tack on a trespassing charge as well as a no contact order(essentially a restraining order for a non-person).

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        Peace: to ! ^_^
                        Perhaps I should have clarified -- While the terms may vary from state to state, "Jail" is where they hold you temporarily just after you have been arrested, or if you cannot make bail. "Prison/correctional facility" is where they send you after you have been convicted (or if the jail itself simply lacks room to hold the day's arrestees, I presume). I was referring to the former.

That being said, I hope he DID do time in actual Prison, for the sake of those around him.
                        Not to mention that CRML is in the UK....
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
                          Seems like he'll be in jail a lot longer this time. He plead guilty last time, so adjudification is attached to his prior crime. That will allow the battery charges to be used against him in this new battery case. I'm not sure how it works in your state, but I believe that three battery charges automatically equal a felony.
                          CRML is in the UK. Not sure if they have habitual felon laws in the UK.

However, US law is based on English common law, so it might be more similar than we think.
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

My compliments to your co-workers.

As for the attacker, I hope he goes away and stays away this time.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I don't know what snaps inside some of these people to think they have the right to assault employees and other patrons.
                              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
                              X