Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return of the Attacker (Epic and Humanity Crushing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't get into what the laws are like in the UK regarding repeat offenders, as my opinion would close this thread down

I have a tiny bit more information. I popped into the pub last night and spoke to the manager who was on during the fight. He told me that seconds before TC's girlfriend was knocked out, she was jumping on the doormans back, clawing at his face and screeching "Don't touch maaaa man!" so he wasn't feeling much sympathy for her.

Comment

Vague memory that UK law has some category for repeat offenders, Anti Social something something, usually abbreviated.... can't recall enough to dredge it out of Google. Is it just for juveniles?

Astounding this person can repeatedly get drunk and beat people up, even more astounding that he has any friends, most astounding he has a girlfriend... very disheartening.

Your pub appears to be the biggest wacko magnet imaginable. People repeatedly wanting in before you're open, bringing dogs, bringing babies, wanting a moat of empty tables surrounding them, wanting food when the kitchen is closed, wanting to seat unreserved large parties all together on the busiest nights of the week, wanting to celebrate their wedding reception without a reservation, complaining of cold food they have ignored for a long time, creating all sorts of riots and disturbances, and more.

You need to start negotiating for your own reality TV show.
      Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
      TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

The ASBO (Anti Social Behaviour Order) is meant for relatively minor (eg. shoplifting, drunk & disorderly, breach of the peace, etc) offences, where a conventional warning has not been heeded. It is really a form of probation, meant to keep offenders away from opportunities to offend, while also keeping them out of prison. If the ASBO doesn't work, the offender then gets a conventional sentence - possibly including a component related to breaching the ASBO.

This however sounds like a repeat offender on a more serious type of offence. I don't think an ASBO would be used here - rather the previous offences would be taken into account during sentencing.

That is, however, only if the case gets that far. In the UK, criminal cases are brought by the Crown Prosecution Service, which makes a decision on whether to prosecute or not. They will only prosecute if they have a solid chance of securing a conviction. And the first thing they need to prove in court is that the offence in fact took place.

That's why victims are asked if they are willing to stand up in court and help with that process - every such witness who is *not* willing to so do hurts the case, and may result in it not being brought at all. Serving police officers tend to express huge amounts of frustration when a victim of domestic violence retracts their complaint, as so often happens.

Comment

Why doesn't the bar owner keep a firearm handy for situations like this?

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
            My guess is that it'd be illegal according to UK laws.
            A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
              Illegal. Would get them shutdown very quickly. We even have to license the bouncers over here and I'm not sure they are even allowed anything - not even a nightstick.

Keep safe CRML.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Holy. Mother. Just...wow.

customersruinmylife? If you're ever in my area, homemade dinner by me. Seriously. Major props.
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

CRML, are you all right mate? I'm just asking, simply because I can't do with the likes of TC doing anything to good people like you.
                  I sincerely hope he gets the long sentence that he's worked so hard for & that your bouncers don't EVER let him in again!

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post
                    CRML, are you all right mate? I'm just asking, simply because I can't do with the likes of TC doing anything to good people like you.
                    I sincerely hope he gets the long sentence that he's worked so hard for & that your bouncers don't EVER let him in again!
                    Yeah I'm absolutely fine. It was just a face that I never expected to see ever again in my workplace. It goes to show how fucking mind numbingly stupid this guy is by walking into the place he tried to rob and attacked a member of staff. Because of this I doubt it's the last I've seen of him.

Comment

Pagan - my comment was directed at Peace ^_^
                      Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                      Because of this I doubt it's the last I've seen of him.
                      Agreed >_> I suppose all you can do is make sure that everyone who works at the place (especially new bouncers) knows about him. Do your managers have a wall of shame/pictures of banned people?
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
                        Seems like he'll be in jail a lot longer this time. He plead guilty last time, so adjudification is attached to his prior crime. That will allow the battery charges to be used against him in this new battery case. I'm not sure how it works in your state, but I believe that three battery charges automatically equal a felony.
                        hopefully. in the last case he already had a criminal past IIRC...

Although "felony" ... IIRC there's no distinction between "misdemeanor" and "felony" there. tho i could be wrong.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          Do your managers have a wall of shame/pictures of banned people?
                          It's a funny and sad story. The police regularly send us lists of people who are "banned" from all pubs in the area. That's all very well and good but they never attach any pictures! They then get angry when these people are spotted in pubs in the area.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                            It's a funny and sad story. The police regularly send us lists of people who are "banned" from all pubs in the area. That's all very well and good but they never attach any pictures! They then get angry when these people are spotted in pubs in the area.
                            If mugshots are public record over there, it might be time to start your own wall of shame (book of shame depending on level of shame/amount of offenders) .

Comment

Sounds like a good idea -- even if the mugshots can't be displayed in the public area, at least they should be displayed where the staff can see them.

I'm generally sympathetic towards cops, whose job usually means they see humanity at its worst, but what exactly is a list without photos supposed to do?? It's not like these people walk in and introduce themselves and then run amok.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                                Holy. Mother. Just...wow.

customersruinmylife? If you're ever in my area, homemade dinner by me. Seriously. Major props.
                                Homemade dinner would probably be the safest. Your anti-noramlity field combined with CRLM's would probably create a singularity of craziness that would promptly call Gravedigger asking for camo-pants.

Just keep Lupo away or things might really get weird.

CRLM: Glad things worked out in the end, for you and your coworkers at least.

Hopefully that idiot will get what he's overdue. And your pub really should press charges for the event if you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X