Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return of the Attacker (Epic and Humanity Crushing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>_< *offers cookies, hugs and cake*

Where'd this twerp escape from? o_O
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I don't want to threadjack, but I'm not surprised at all that he came back. People like that (because I don't want to generalize and say only men do it, but I dated a guy who had a really bad drinking problem and liked to start fights with other males when drinking) NEVER learn until they are literally shut away from the world for a good amount of time, meaning more than just a few weeks or months to plot revenge.

As I said, my ex bf was on full on probation, despite it being a larger town, the police knew him from appearance and by name from previous incidents, and yet, he'd constantly get caught being in bars and whatnot.

I'm so glad you're ok, mate. People like that are fucking dangerous.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

You need what my dear old step-father* had when he was a publican in the UK way back when.

One of his mates was a big cat trainer for a circus. He had a fully trained tigress who was still too young to perform, so he asked Bill if he could cat-sit for a few months.

So the story goes, Kitty used to lie around behind the bar, out of sight. If trouble happened, a quick hand signal and she'd hop over the bar. Worked a treat one night when a bunch of troublemakes decided to get busy there - apparently they need a few mops and buckets to clean up afterwards, cos the bad boys wet themselves.

* Dear old stepdad was a lovely, utterly charming man who could spin a good yarn, so no doubt there was a certain amount of, shall we say, stretching the truth if not outright fabrication on this tale.

ETA - glad you're OK and hope the scum sucking bottom dweller gets his come-uppance.

Comment

heh. reminds me of the movie "Second Hand Lions" ... cos yeah the kitties will protect their cubs

Comment

While I understand why you didn't press charges/press the case in the original incident, I DO hope that the pub presses charges as much as they can in this instance, since it happened on their property, and involved their staff and customers.

Also, the fact that they have videotape of the incident should help.

And since you DO know his name, and you DO have him on videotape, I would hope the pub management would make a point of circulating his name AND picture to all staff, so that they know that this douchebag is NEVER allowed back in. Assuming he gets out of custody any time soon.

I would say I would hope that his girlfriend files charges against him too, but from the description of her reaction to the bouncers doing their job, I don't see that happening, and I can't say I have any sympathy for her, since she seems to see no wrong in this dirtbag.

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
            Astounding this person can repeatedly get drunk and beat people up...
            In neither thread was it indicated that this moron was drunk, or even drinking. Clearly he is an abusive asshole, but let's not go jumping to conclusions that alcohol was in any way responsible for his actions. The only one responsible for his actions was him, alcohol or no.

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
            Your pub appears to be the biggest wacko magnet imaginable. People repeatedly wanting in before you're open, bringing dogs, bringing babies, wanting a moat of empty tables surrounding them, wanting food when the kitchen is closed, wanting to seat unreserved large parties all together on the busiest nights of the week, wanting to celebrate their wedding reception without a reservation, complaining of cold food they have ignored for a long time, creating all sorts of riots and disturbances, and more.
            I don't think so. I mean, my bar gets plenty of whackadoodles, too. And we are not even the biggest weirdo magnet in our area, as we are off the main drag a bit. But yeah, being a bartender myself, I have no problem believing these stories, as this shit happens in bars more than you might think. Not all bars, to be sure, but a decent number of them. And I should point out that these are assuredly NOT the majority of customers that CRML's pub gets, but a very small minority, that are memorable simply because of their idiocy. If his pub is anything like my bar, the majority of their customers are anywhere from awesome to average, fun to forgettable, mellow to mediocre.

The idiots are the vast minority. They are just sadly far more memorable (and story-worth) than the majority.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              And I should point out that these are assuredly NOT the majority of customers that CRML's pub gets, but a very small minority, that are memorable simply because of their idiocy. If his pub is anything like my bar, the majority of their customers are anywhere from awesome to average, fun to forgettable, mellow to mediocre.
              Exactly - how many people would bother reading your posts if 90% of them were along the lines of:

You wouldn't believe what happened at The Bar today. A guy came in, ordered a Bacardi and Coke, paid for it, tipped roughly the amount that most people do, drank it, and left.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

You would think with this clown being:

1) charged with assault after being _convicted_ of assault
                2) figure he's on some sort of probation after release, meaning he violated that as well
                3) violating an existing restraining order on top of all _that_

the judge might look on this asshat as someone who needs to be removed from society for awhle.

Well, we can hope anyway...

Agreed, the girlfriend is a real piece of work herself and also needs a permanent banhammer!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                  Yeah I'm absolutely fine. It was just a face that I never expected to see ever again in my workplace. It goes to show how fucking mind numbingly stupid this guy is by walking into the place he tried to rob and attacked a member of staff. Because of this I doubt it's the last I've seen of him.
                  Well, your original story already didn't make him out to be a genius, so little surprise there, I guess. Good to hear you're doing okay.
                  You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

You wouldn't believe what happened at The Bar today. A guy came in, ordered a Bacardi and Coke, paid for it, tipped roughly the amount that most people do, drank it, and left.
                    I dunno, I think Jester still has trouble believing it when people order Bacardi.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                      I dunno, I think Jester still has trouble believing it when people order Bacardi.
                      There is nothing intrinsically wrong with Bacardi, it is rum-neutral enough to mix well into a servicable drink. It just isn't a sipping rum.
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I hope the violent idiot gets the maximum the local magistrate can hand him.

It's a funny and sad story. The police regularly send us lists of people who are "banned" from all pubs in the area. That's all very well and good but they never attach any pictures! They then get angry when these people are spotted in pubs in the area.
                        Wierdly, today I got an email from the local neighbourhood watch-type copper, about how our town centre pubs and clubs are now scanning people's ids.

"Scan Net ID technology, which has been installed in the entrances of eight bars and clubs in the town centre, works by scanning the customer’s identification and highlights to the door staff if the ID is forged, fake or tampered with.

The technology also allows police and venues to share data about problem individuals and to impose bans across every venue, not just in (Scruff's town) but in all venues nationally which use this equipment. "

Hmm. Avoiding fratching, my main concern is there's no requirement over here (UK) to carry id. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've needed to show photo id. (3 jobs and 2 landlords).
                        I'd be very irritated if I treckked into town centre to party, and then found out I had to walk home for my passport.

Comment

Another update.

Doorman is pressing charges against the girlfriend. She really went to town with her nails against his face. It's quite a sick thing to say, but the witnesses were relieved when she was punched out, as it stopped her. They said she was much worse than the boyfriend!

Their Facebook profile pictures are now behind the bar with "BANNED FOR LIFE" written in big red writing.

Oh, and Nice Girl came back in. She brought a bunch of flowers for the staff.

Comment

I hope that is the last you will see of those two.
                            kudos to the nice girl on the flowers.

Comment

What a mess. I'm glad about Nice Girl bringing flowers, though.
                              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                              -----
                              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Oh, and Nice Girl came back in. She brought a bunch of flowers for the staff.
                                That was sweet of her. Considering the jerks, brats and ingrates you usually get, it's good to know that some customers do appreciate you.
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X