Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to not go crazy with a roommate like this? -.- (Longggggg. Seriously. Rantttt)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
    I told him I think its schizophrenia for those reasons above.
    He only wants to get tested for autism. Anything else just DOESN'T make sense to him it seems.
    A diagnosis of autism would evoke sympathy, and provide a crutch for his poor social behaviors. That's why he'd rather have that diagnosis.

A diagnosis of schizophrenia would hold him accountable for his behaviors, and not evoke any sympathy at all. Ditto borderline personality disorder.

He doesn't have any hallmarks of autism, other than a lack of empathy. But most autistics don't like to be around people at all and withdraw into their own worlds rather than interact. Aspies are something of an exception to that rule, but their problem is that they don't recognize social cues and body language. Hallucinations are not a part of any autism spectrum disorder.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Update

So

Possible bitch move.

I'm leaving the country next week. Will be gone until January 15th.

I am turning off the internet for this residence at the end of this month.
      And since I am moving when I come back, and never returning to this particular address, I put it under seasonal suspension

But A doesn't pay the internet bill, and he only JUST paid part of the utilities in the first time of being here for five months. The internet is in MY name due to T and his previous roommate being unable to with this company.

Wanna bet there is another battle?

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        A diagnosis of autism would evoke sympathy, and provide a crutch for his poor social behaviors. That's why he'd rather have that diagnosis.

A diagnosis of schizophrenia would hold him accountable for his behaviors, and not evoke any sympathy at all. Ditto borderline personality disorder.

If that is his real reasoning, then damn, I just feel sicker.

And I can actually see that. Every time we talk about his behaviour, he turns it into some aob story how he just feels so left out, etc. etc. or something like that
        And yet continues to push his presence on the group of people that told him over and over they don't want him around.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post

And I am pretty sure there will be a battle...that's an easy bet right there.
          It could be a bitch move cause I arranged it when he was outside the house.

We were expecting it to go until 15th but when the cable guy told me I'd be charged those days when I'm not even the one using it, I said "eff it"

If he threatens my cats again, I'm turning it off and scheduling it to the time our plane leaves this town. (I CAN do that >3)

Comment

kind of scary and funny at the same time (long ramble)

Sorry to annoy people with constant posts on my own thread >>;

However me and T were looking up random disorders after we were talking about how I was diagnosed as Bipolar when younger.

We hit Narcissistic Personality Disorder on wikipedia. And some other sites.

We know there are no doctors, and to diagnose one while not being one is wayyyy beyon ridiculousness

But every symptom Wiki listed...fit A.

So. MUCH.

Symptoms of this disorder include[1]:

Reacting to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation

Taking advantage of others to reach their own goals

Exaggerating their own importance, achievements, and talents

Imagining unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance

Requiring constant attention and positive reinforcement from others

Becoming jealous easily

Lacking empathy and disregarding the feelings of others

Being obsessed with oneself

Pursuing mainly selfish goals

Trouble keeping healthy relationships

Becoming easily hurt and rejected

Setting goals that are unrealistic

Wanting "the best" of everything

Appearing unemotional

In addition to these symptoms, the person may also display dominance, arrogance, show superiority, and seek power.[6] The symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder can be similar to the traits of individuals with strong self-esteem and confidence; differentiation occurs when the underlying psychological structures of these traits are considered pathological. Narcissists have such an elevated sense of self-worth that they value themselves as inherently better than others. Yet, they have a fragile self-esteem and cannot handle criticism, and will often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self-worth. It is this sadistic tendency that is characteristic of narcissism as opposed to other psychological conditions affecting level of self-worth. [7]

If this is wrong, that's fine, but me and T couldn't help but drop our jaws at this

Comment

Oh please, allow ME to weigh in.

I could pick a lot of this apart, but I'll stick to a few things, and reserve most of my commentary for the end.

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
              He takes our food constantly without asking, sometimes in the middle of when we're eating it!
              Taking my food is not acceptable. Taking my food from my plate is grounds for dismemberment. No one who has ever tried it has tried it a second time, as a friend/coworker found out a few weeks ago when she made the mistake of trying to help herself to some of my fruit bowl breakfast before work. She almost lost her hand, and her ego was definitely bruised.

But at least she and I get along, and I like her, and she is not at all like this guy. Him, I would calmly look in the eye and say, "If you grab my food again, you're gonna be looking for a new hand."

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
              Most of me and T's mutual friends stopped wanting him to hang out with us, and he blew up at ME for "condoning the fact that no one wants to give him any chances"
              They don't want to give him a chance because they've seen what an asshole he is. I don't want to let a big stray dog come in my living room and take a dump, because I know a big dog has big shits, and I don't feel like cleaning it up.

And yes, I think the analogy is a good one.

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
              He is socially awkward, but I suggested it may be other things to him.
              It is definitely something else. I believe the clinical phrase is "complete and utter asshole."

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
              He is totally outraged we're not taking him with us, btw.

He has this habit of inviting himself without asking, then bitching if he gets left behind.
              Fuck him. It's not your job to take him to Japan or anywhere else. If he wants to go to Japan, he or his parents can damn well pay for it, and he can find his own damn lodging. Why he even would want to stay with people who clearly don't like him I don't know, but then I've never been able to understand the thought processes of raging pricks.

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
              lately he's been putting self-victimizing posts on facebook..

"Why is it me, why am I always the one to be chastised?"
              Because you're a flaming asshole, dude. Act like a shithead, be treated like a shithead. Simple as that.

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
              I do think A is on the forum and reading this too, but its meh now.
              Oh IS HE NOW? How INTERESTING. If he reads this forum, I hope he reads this thread and gets to this part, which is directly squarely at him:

Listen up, you little fuck monkey. The reason people treat you like shit is because you act like a spoiled little two year old who just shit his own diapers. Stop acting like a turd, and people might actually start being nice to you.

Personally, I'd love to meet you, so I could experience some of this crap firsthand. I do know that if you ever tried to grab my food or act like such a buffoon in public around my friends I'd stick my Nike so far up your ass you'd be tasting Phil Knight's breakfast.

Not that I'd ever bring you around my friends, or anyone I knew and had any respect for. No, I'd probably only bring you out to unleash you on other idiots I know, so they could get a taste of what it's like to be subjected to such motherfucking idiocy.

The only reason I'd even think of bringing you out with my friends is so that we could get a good laugh at what a limp-dicked asshole you are, and so we could verbally abuse you for our own entertainment.

What's that? You don't want to be subjected to such humiliation? Well, fuck you. Stop acting like such an assclown, and maybe people will start treating you better. Until then, fuck off, leave other people's food alone, and stop acting like such a douchebag to Kaycichu.

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
              If I'm a heartless c***, so be it. I just don't have high B.S tolerance.
              Higher than mine. I would have scrotum punched this butt nugget a long time ago.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

By the way, I wouldn't consider this guy "socially awkward." He's been told how offensive, annoying and insulting his behavior toward other people is. He still does the same things. He obviously doesn't want to change his behavior, he wants other people to adjust to him and accept his nonsense.

He may indeed have a medical reason for some of this, but he also doesn't want to change. He wants to continue on the way he is, and have what he thinks is a valid reason for it so that he doesn't have to change.

Something I learned a long time ago: If everyone hates to be around you (rhetorical you), it's not them. It's YOU.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Something I learned a long time ago: If everyone hates to be around you (rhetorical you), it's not them. It's YOU.
                  Whenever someone around me is bitching and moaning about how everyone they date is an asshole, and why do they keep getting the same kind of douchebag boyfriend/bitch girlfriend, I politely suggest that they look at the common denominator of the offending people. Because, after all, they had at least ONE common denominator besides being assholes....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Its very true.

Five days left with the punk.
                    This weekend will be slowwww as hell too.

Comment

You fucking moron.

He just did something so incomprehensibly fucking stupid today.

I thought T cleaned my fridge of the leftovers that went bad. Well, turns out he didn't.
                      A ate two of them yesterday, but that wasn't so bad, they were only a couple days old.
                      But he also found...week old chicken salad from work (not the one that looks like tuna, its lettuce and chicken and the like)

I told him, to throw it out. It was mine, and it should have been trashed.

I told him REPEATEDLY not to eat it. He ignores me, eats it, saying "if it doesn't have mold, i'll eat it, it won't be bad for me, I'm the human vacuum."

I told him he would get sick from it.

8 hours later, as I'm doing my business in the bathroom, he bangs on the door.
                      Makes me rush out, saying he also has to take a shit. (Only one bathroom.)

I get out, he slams the door and vomits as loud as he can.
                      LOUD.

Then he comes out saying, "I dunno why I got sick all of a sudden"

I stared at him pointedly. Very pointedly. He goes, "I know...but YOU SHOULDN'T LEAVE FOOD OUT LIKE THAT"

I TOLD HIM NOT TO EAT THE FUCKING THING, AND HE'S BLAMING ME FOR GETTING SICK?

I shot that down, and chewed him out with T. He backs off and goes, "I'm okay.."
                      Yeah, back down you stupid shit.

Seriously. You study metaphysics, want to be called a genius, but basic biology of bacteria escapes you?!

Comment

I'm an oblivious maroon sometimes, but even I know not to eat bad food! Especially if someone warns me!

What a twit.
                        Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 12-09-2012, 05:52 AM. Reason: fixing formatting
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Uh-huh. He's never wrong, you see. Except someone forgot to tell the bacteria. He's lucky he didn't sicker than he did.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            Uh-huh. He's never wrong, you see. Except someone forgot to tell the bacteria. He's lucky he didn't sicker than he did.
                            Funny part was, he told me he would likely do it again, that it HAD to be something ELSE.

I swear. I'm so glad I'm leaving Wednesday.

Me and T are in disagreement on whether or not he should be allowed to go to airport with us. I say no, cause he WILL make it all about him and being around him stresses me out. T says yes, not to be cruel on his last day.

Comment

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
                              Me and T are in disagreement on whether or not he should be allowed to go to airport with us. I say no, cause he WILL make it all about him and being around him stresses me out. T says yes, not to be cruel on his last day.
                              So being cruel to you is OK?
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                                So being cruel to you is OK?
                                I don't think T thinks of it that way, he is the kind of person who really DOES want to keep the peace and have everyone happy.
                                He acknowledges how I feel, and since L, the one driving us there, also says no, he isn't pushing too hard, although at first he said he wanted to ask someone else to take us so A could come along...but now...its impasse.

T also admits he is the only one who could consider A as a friend too.

Comment

Working...
                                X